Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

A Question About Browsers

nick777 asked 3 years ago
Why would my site appear different in internet explorer and mozilla, and its not a minor difference either, its quite noticeable

my site

Strange, but i can’t figure it out

Would anyone here know the answer to this ?

8 Answers
nick777 answered 3 years ago
Another question

I had my site compressed to speed up the load time, i was wondering how this will affect the way the search engine spiders crawl it, since none of the text appears to be visible in the html code

kwblue answered 3 years ago
Internet Explorer and Firefox look at borders a bit differently. I am not sure if this is your problem, but it affects sites and can affect them greatly depending how your site is set up.

IE, I believe does not count the border in the length of the table (or other object such as divs). So if the table is 800px wide and there is a 2px border, then the width is actually 804px. In Firefox it would be 800px no matter what.

I hope I stated that accurately <span title=” title=”” class=”bbcode_smiley” />

kw

Interesting

If you look at this site, for example

poker

it looks the same in both IE and mozilla

yet the above site, my homepage, along with the others, don’t

all the sites were created the same way, with the only difference being that the poker site has images instead of text in the navigation menu

what is the relevancy of that

arnoldpalmer answered 3 years ago
Afraid i have no idea why it displays differently. Interestingly though it took at least 10 times as long to load in IE compared to firefox.

Arn

Roo answered 3 years ago
nick777 wrote:
Another question

I had my site compressed to speed up the load time, i was wondering how this will affect the way the search engine spiders crawl it, since none of the text appears to be visible in the html code

Just my two cents worth but i doubt a search engine will be able to read your content.

The Meta Tags are in tact but search engines go on the content allot these days.

With the amount of content on the page it should load fast without compression.

Roo

JackTen answered 3 years ago
There are different rules on how browsers interpret the code it reads. It’s sad and ridiculous but there is nothing that can be done about it other than optimize it so it looks good with as many as possible, by testing. I have absolutely no clue, for example, how my sites look on Safari (Mac browser).

Be especially wary of css and different browsers like Firefox, as there are often conflicts..

Thanks for the help guys, the problem is my html code, it has many errors, and to be honest, i cannot fix it, or what i’m tryin to say is, i don’t need new hobbies to occupy my time

I know there are programs that will do this automatically, but they cost a few hundred and don’t fix everything

Does anyone know of a good way to reduce the size of your html, without compressing ?

elgoog answered 3 years ago
pffffffffffffffffffff

use homesite (macromedia) and start all over

srry for this short answer