With smartphone apps being all the rage these days, mobile marketing is becoming a big player acquisition tool for affiliates. Making money with apps is all about taking the initiative as an affiliate to create a great product that users will want to download that can help lead the way to conversions.
Here is our list of tips and tricks for helping affiliates figure out how to find their big make money apps venture:
A good place to start making money with apps is to get on paper any and every potentially good idea for an app that you have. Successful brainstorming involves not holding back any idea. You can determine later which ideas are good and which ideas are bad. For now, just get the creative juices flowing by spending an hour or two writing down every potentially good idea for Android apps or iPhone apps you can come up with.
Two general ideas to keep in mind as you brainstorm apps:
- will it be an app people would potentially want to download? (the good news is meeting this threshold isn’t too hard)
- can a possible marketing connection be made between your app idea and increasing depositors for your affiliate business?
Narrow to Your Niche
Take your list of possible app ideas and try to narrow it down to 5 or 10 realistically decent ideas for smartphone apps to make money from. These are the making money with apps ideas that have some legitimate potential.
Next, do some thorough research in the Android apps space to see what competition exists for your ideas. If there is already a competing app for your idea, download the app and play around with it. Is it any good? Do you have ideas for making a similar, but better app? The key is to determine what type of barrier to entry you’re up against with your idea before investing time and resources into development.
Find Your App Developer
Unless you yourself are a wiz with making money with apps, you’ll probably need to hire someone with the technical expertise to make mobile apps. Luckily, this isn’t too hard. There are plenty of places on the web to hire freelance smartphone app designers who offer a portfolio of their works to examine before hiring them. You can go with a site dedicated to app developers only like They Make Apps or Get Apps Done or you can use a broad freelance developer site like Elance where plenty of specialized app developers are waiting to offer their services.
Market Your App
You might not be able to build a smartphone app yourself, but as an affiliate, you should at least be able to figure out how to market one! You’ve got to give people looking to make money downloading apps a reason to download your app.
Three tips to keep in mind:
1. Your app will make money by driving casino conversions, not by being a premium service paid app. In other words, it’s unlikely that it’s going to make sense for you to charge for your app.
2. Use your web traffic and email marketing as a tool to drive downloads to your app. This will go a long way towards increasing downloads compared with just waiting for organic downloads.
3. Email your affiliate managers to ask for ideas on how best to monetize your app. Certain iGaming operators, like bet365, are way ahead in the mobile casino space and could be able to help you out.
Best of luck with your make money apps project!