February 23, 2009 (InfoPowa News) — Devilfish Gaming plc, the Internet casino and poker room group, has released a positive set of results for the half year to end December 2008. Announcement of Interim Highlights include:
* Strong growth in poker revenue
– Daily poker revenues now frequently exceeding 3,000 per day.
– Fourfold increase in monthly poker revenue from July 2008 to Jan 2009
– Gross poker revenue for Jan 2009 over 76,000, with continued encouraging growth
* Strong continuing increase in overall poker network liquidity
– The liquidity on the Company's poker network, Entraction, increased by 108 percent during 2008
– Entraction have recently entered the Top 10 poker networks ranked in order of poker liquidity
* Strong upward trend in the company's key performance indicators
– Yield per active player rising from £22 in June 2008 to £94 in Jan 2009
– Total number of registered users signed up since re-launch on the Entraction network is now over 8,000 with ca. 2,400 of these being active cash or tournament players
– 30- and 90-day rolling active players are now 625 and 1,055 respectively
* Acquisition of Paramin Poker, a Hungarian online poker site (see previous report)
* Launch of "Devilfish Partners" affiliate program
* Integration of Income Access affiliate marketing software
* Brand development through several marketing channels
Paul Barnes, CEO of Devilfish Gaming, commented: "Following the successful but demanding float process, and the subsequent establishment of key supplier relationships and infrastructure to start trading, the business has really come on strong during the period, and we therefore feel we can justify our continuing confidence in the inherent brand equity of Devilfish and so are excited about our future prospects as a company as we move to the next stage in our growth.
"Further, to achieve present revenue levels in a short space of time with a low cost base in the current competitive marketplace and difficult economic climate is very encouraging."