Poker Trillion Drops Multimillion Dollar Action Against Boss Media
September 29, 2008 (InfoPowa News) — A bland note on the Poker Trillion website this week announces that the company's multimillion dollar litigation against Swedish poker provider Boss Media has been halted and all claims withdrawn.
The brief announcement does not link to a full explanation of the cause for the abandonment of the action, instead advising that "Trillion Limited announces that they have withdrawn all claims made against Boss Media and related parties ending the legal dispute between the companies."
When InfoPowa went to press there was no statement available on the Boss Media website.
The dispute, which was believed to center on rake issues, exploded onto the industry scene earlier this year with a statement from Trillion CEO Andy Pyrah that Trillion Poker had on 18th August 2008 at the First Hall Civil Court, Malta (Court record and in Complaint Number 755-08), secured a judgment authorizing Trillion Ltd to enforce seizure of the Boss Media Malta Limited and Boss Media AB servers, and that these servers would cease being used for any commercial activity as from 18th September 2008, with Boss Media not being allowed to appeal the court's decision any further.
Pyrah said at the time, "It should also be noted that, despite appeals from Boss Media, we've been successful in every one of our applications that we've filed with the courts in Malta and this includes having our initial garnishee order increased from €5million to €20million earlier this month, this in turn means that there is now a €20million freezing order on all Boss Media's assets within this jurisdiction, and in accordance with European law we will be applying for this to be executed all over Europe."
Boss was quick to respond, making a strong statement that Trillion's efforts represented a "reckless attempt to support a legal action that is without merit and initiated as retribution for their dismissal from the Boss Media network. To be clear, player funds are not affected by the current proceedings. All players' funds are held separately under the control of the Malta Lotteries and Gaming Authority and cannot be seized by any court."
The Swedish provider said that Trillion was a former customer "who was terminated because of rakeback violations. They have since then repeatedly tried to disrupt the Boss Media business through the dissemination of groundless rumors. In April 2008 Poker Trillion alleged in a press release a claim that, among other things, Boss Media player funds were frozen. The allegations were false but typical of the type of tactics employed by Poker Trillion."
Poker Trillion has moved to the Everleaf network.