Poker In The Park Opens Tomorrow, 13th August, 5:00pm
August 12th, 2009 (London, UK) – At 5.00pm on Thursday, 13th August the gates will open to Poker in the Park and Europe’s largest, FREE Poker festival will get underway in the centre of London’s famous Leicester Square Park.
Being dubbed the “Glastonbury of Poker”, Poker in the Park is bringing a band of top players from the poker world to the heart of Leicester Square for a celebration of all things poker!
The event will run from 5.00pm – 9.30pm on Thursday 13th and will then re-open the next day on Friday 14th August and run from 12.00pm – 9.30pm
Headline attractions will include the following:
· PKR Poker Dome – Headline sponsors PKR will welcome the UK’s top pub poker leagues at the PKR Dome. Each league will run a FREE turbo sit-n-go tournaments.
· Unibet Lecture Marquee – Unibet will host some of the UK’s most successful poker talent as they address the crowds in a series of lectures. Speakers include Jamie Gold, Peter Eastgate, Neil Channing, Paul Jackson.
· Bluff Europe Heads-Up Challenge – Here players can defeat opponents at the electronic PokerTek Heads-Up Challenge™ tables. Sit-n-Go's will be running here across the two-days.
· Littlewoods Poker Tuition – Littlewoods Poker are inviting people to come and play open-handed poker with Littlewoods Pros and Celebrities including ex-Eastenders actor turned Poker Pro Michael Greco and ex-Irish football International Tony Cascarino.
· Prime Table Games – Here people can trial new variants of poker and meet the inventor of PTG Holdem™ and PTG Omaha™.
A bevy of activity will be happening at the Poker in the Park PokerPlex:
Attendees can come and meet the Bluff Europe magazine team and get their hands on Bluff Europe goodies. The PokerPlex is also the home of co-sponsors Nuts Magazine where the lovely Nuts girls will be on hand to provide a bit of glamour – signing autographs taking photos and subscriptions.
Neteller will be providing their latest offers and signing up players whilst London Chess and Bridge, will be selling a huge selection of hard to find editions, and even copies signed by the authors.
PokerShopUk.com will be selling everything from cards to chips, hats to t-shirts. And the London Poker Circuit (LPC) will be present, along with a couple of their LPC girls and a guest pro, who will take on all comers in a heads up duel.
Staking site and soon-to-be poker room, Blackbelt Poker, will be taking sign-ups and dishing out goodies. GamCare will also be on site in the Poker Dome to promote responsible gambling.
JAMIE GOLD CHARITY TOURNAMENT
Starting at 7:30pm on Thursday, 13th August at The Empire’s Shadow Lounge, The Jamie Gold Charity Tournament aims to raise money for The Jamie Gold Foundation’s numerous charities and will be co-hosted by 2008 WSOP Main Event winner Peter Eastgate.
Direct buy-in to the tournament is £500, and there will be £50 Sit-n-Go satellites running all day at the Casino at the Empire on Thursday 13th. For the list of great prizes on offer and other details, got to http://pokerinthepark.com/jamie-gold-charity-tournament.html
The Casino at the Empire will also be running a special series of £50 Sit-n-Gos all day Friday, Aug 14, to run along side Poker in the Park!
Ivobank will be treating Sponsors, Media, Celebrities and Poker Pros to a bird’s-eye view of Poker in the Park from the Icon Bar in the Casino at the Empire. The Radisson Edwardian Hampshire Hotel is offering exclusive rates and accommodation for those planning on taking a night-cap during the two-day event.
For more information contact:
+44 (0) 207 976 6469
ABOUT POKER IN THE PARK
2009 will mark the third anniversary of Poker in the Park. Held August 13 & 14 in Leicester Square, the event draws 15,000 poker enthusiasts to participate in fun, free poker tournaments and enhance their poker skills through free poker lectures taught by the biggest pros in Europe.