Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

WordPress is Awesome

JillO asked 3 years ago
It’s true. WordPress is a really awesome CMS that we absolutely recommend. First and foremost, it makes developing dynamic websites quite easy, it has massive capabilities and ummm… yeah… it’s free solution.

For affiliates, there are some great ways that you can utilize WordPress that can really take your site to the next level. We’ve laid out 5 pretty easy steps here to check-out.

Anyone have feedback on WP overall? Do you love it or hate it? If you hate it- how come? Have you had better luck with different CMS’s? Interested in hearing what the word on the street is.

17 Answers
ramtash answered 3 years ago
WordPress is awesome!

I launched my new website on wordpress, if you find the right theme like I did, it so easy to create it into a proper website in a matter of hours. It makes launching new sites, so easy when you can have a cms, a running website in a couple of hours.

I found the standard themes quite poor in features, or were overly complex, and looked to premium themes, I just load the head image, and tweak the stylesheet a little to give it the right colour scheme.. and it was ready for content.

itsblitz answered 3 years ago
iv always used wordpress but with free themes(suffusion, clearlines), im now looking to go for a premium theme or framework, the ones iv been looking at are thesis, studiopress and woothemes, studiopress(genesis framework) is apparently the best in terms of seo friendly. Anyone have any advice or suggestions for paid wordpress themes, whats everyone else using?
cheers

iv had a good look at flytonic, and they are nice themes, but i went with studiopress and im not overly impressed, you have to really know what your doing to customise the themes, i bought a couple of woo themes and they are good but not what i was looking for, i still find the best theme is suffusion, so easy to customise and tweak, and its free, wordpress is paid?

JillO answered 3 years ago
@HalfMoons 235830 wrote:

I was quite impressed with the way Word press has gone so far, but unfortunately they have moved in to another step by restricting the usage of the WP only for the paid users.

This is the first of heard of someone saying this- and I’m kind of surprised. Yeah… it’s kind of a bummer that WP is now a paid CMS service… However I’ve had the chance to work with quite a few CMS solutions (Joomla, Drupal) and by far WP is the BEST. Honestly, you should really re-consider!

@itsblitz 234659 wrote:

iv always used wordpress but with free themes(suffusion, clearlines), im now looking to go for a premium theme or framework, the ones iv been looking at are thesis, studiopress and woothemes, studiopress(genesis framework) is apparently the best in terms of seo friendly. Anyone have any advice or suggestions for paid wordpress themes, whats everyone else using?
cheers

Hey itsblitz- for some reason I did not see this post until now… I should have recommended this a while ago… An incredible WP theme for you would be Flytonics. It’s pretty awesome- and created by iGaming affiliates for iGaming affiliates. We’ve had nothing but positive feedback from any of the affiliates we’ve recommended this to. To check it out go here:
Flytonic Gambling Themes for WordPress

HalfMoons answered 3 years ago
I was quite impressed with the way Word press has gone so far, but unfortunately they have moved in to another step by restricting the usage of the WP only for the paid users.

Wordpress-Plugins.png

hey vegas, cheers for the feedback, woo themes get great reviews and visually are stunnings, your right about the yoast plugin, the genesis framework offered by studiopress claim you need no seo plugins as their built in seo is as good as, my favorite seo plugin is currently widget logic, so i can display what i want where i want

vegaspundit answered 3 years ago
Zen, Woo and the English Guy’s themes are all really good and seem well set up for affiliate marketing.

All depends on whether you’re going to do more editorial/review-like pieces, or keep it simple and high-impact with well-chosen banners and attention-grabbing graphics.

Yoast’s SEO plugin is probably the best SEO tool for WordPress out there (in my humble opinion)…

arkyt answered 3 years ago
I started using wp a few months ago when I decided to add a blog feature to a recent site update … personally I think its watered down and it makes a major mess out of the database. Luckily a lot of those issues have been discovered and plenty of tweaks are available.

Historically, as someone who does my best to put an emphasis on design – I have always hand coded all my sites – I don’t care for the ease aspect, as it lets those who know nothing at all about design run out and slap up hundreds of clone sites with little to no effort. With thousands of plugins to choose from I would guess it makes the task of creating a site totally from wp pretty darned easy.

Course at the end of the day I reckon none of that will matter as eventually the quality sites should rise to the top while the clones are left spending tens of thousands buying links and hiring blackhat seos. I will say that the blog platform is very easy to use and Google really seems to love gobbling up the content – I’ve found content getting indexed well within an hour of posting it.

All things considered I wish I had started using it long ago!

It’s so great knowing there are several WP fans/users out there. For all of you who are on WordPress 3.1.1: there were some bugs. But… all seems to be fixed and there are some security updates available for download.

Here’s some more details for those who may be interested:
WordPress 3.3.1: Security Fixes Ready For Download