Is this behaviour normal from a casino group to an affiliate?

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 77 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #606260
    paolo
    Member

    Hi,

    I started as an affiliate a week ago so I am a pretty new in this. One of my first casinos I decided to promote was Yukon Gold, because I know most of my players are total newbies to online casino gambling and Yukon Gold has decided to run a promotion to new players, where you can test gaming on their site with $50 and if you happen to lose that, you can claim it back. So they run a promotion, where you can safely test gambling online if you are a newbie. I decided not to promote any other rewardaffiliates casinos at this point yet so this was only rewardsaffiliate casino where I have send customers

    In first 3 days I promoted them I saw in my stats that about ~20 players had signed up to the site through my link. I had not profited anything as an affiliate from them (I think because they were newbies they decided to test gambling there with that promotion Yukon runs at first, so they did not deposit much per player -> I received no comission).

    On the fourth day as an affiliate, when I tried to login to my rewardaffiliates account again to check my stats, it said thay my username or password is incorrect. I was pretty sure they were correct, but I still tried
    password recovery system there – it said that my email did not exist. I thought “well, propably just a temporary system clitch”. So I left it and tried to login again on fifth day as an affiliate. Same error message again so I thought it is something else than a temporary problem. I was amazed that I had not been informed anything as a partner if there was something bigger going on with their systems or with my account.

    So I decided to email them to ask what´s the problem with my login. Today – after two days I sent my email to them, I received following email as an aswer:

    Hi XXXXX

    Your account has been closed due to the amount of fraudulent players you have sent.
    Unfortunately it will not be reopened.
    Cheers

    Kindest Regards

    Renée
    Affiliate Coordinator

    So,
    1) They decided after first 3(!) first days as an affiliate for me, that I am sending large amount of fraudalent players (I am pretty sure none of my players did use any CC chargebacks or anything fraudalent like that, because most of them are complete newbies to online gaming). Remember, that I had only send ~20 players at this point in total to their casino.
    2) They did not even bother to inform me about this, just closed my affiliate account without a notice. I had to ask about this myself! Even though I am new to online casino affiliating, I am pretty experienced in online gaming in general myself and have been for example sub-affiliating to several affiliates more than a year now and never ever have saen this kind of a business practice to not to inform partners about huge changes like this with their accounts.

    I have read about “Reward Affiliates down the drain” threads in casinomeister before, but I thought that because they are accredited here, they are legit. Well, I hope this is not the way to handle things in industry in general?

    BTW: My site is growing rapidly and I have over 2000 unique visitors in my first 10 days, so things look pretty good at this point. In the beginning of the new year I am planning going international by translating my site into english, so I think my visitors will multiple at that point. Looks like rewardaffiliates decided after 20 first players from me, that they don´t want to be a part of this progress.

    #755537
    Anonymous
    Inactive

    What do you mean:

    have been for example sub-affiliating to several affiliates more than a year now

    and

    I have over 2000 unique visitors in my first 10 days

    and how do you know this

    I know most of my players are total newbies to online casino gambling

    #755538
    paolo
    Member

    1. Do you know what sub-affiliating means? I can point you several affiliates, which have sub-affiliating programs. Some of them (in online poker world) are for example: http://www.rakereduction.com, http://www.raketherake.com and http://www.rakebacklovers.com.

    2. I use google analytics, so I see how many unique visitors I get daily and in total.

    3. From the feedback I have gotten from my players and based on from what sites my players are coming to my site, about 90% of my players have never gambled in an online casino. Many of them have tried online poker thou in the past.

    #755539
    Anonymous
    Inactive

    My site is growing rapidly and I have over 2000 unique visitors in my first 10 days,

    Wow
    yours site is 10 days old and you have that traffic?
    Wish i knew how this works.
    May i ask which is your site?

    You say you are a newbie to all that
    but if i read throgh your post that does not sound so newbie style, lol

    #755540
    Anonymous
    Inactive

    Dont expect Casino Rewards to treat you like a partner if you are sending them players that are intentionally trying to rip them off.

    #755541
    Anonymous
    Inactive

    Oh and wanted to mention also
    I cant say anything bad bout CR
    they always pay in time, they are always fast in answering any questions,
    I think its a very good and honest program and they know their business

    #755542
    Anonymous
    Inactive

    Are you a Chinese affiliate, and/or does your traffic consist of Chinese players?

    @AiruaL 146958 wrote:

    I started as an affiliate a week ago so I am a pretty new in this.

    @AiruaL 146958 wrote:

    My site is growing rapidly and I have over 2000 unique visitors in my first 10 days

    WOW! :wow: :omg: :exclamati

    #755543
    paolo
    Member

    I have a good personal reputation as a poster in some very very popular national internet forums, so I was able to bring in a lot of traffic to my current site from the the beginning without much any advertising at all – people just follow links in my signatures with curiosity. I have used less than $300 into advertising this far.

    I wouldn´t rather publish my site yet here, because 1) It´s very very under construction contentwise, and I am not even a domain owner where it is located now 2) It is in foreign language to 99% to you, so you wouldn´t understand anything about it anyway. I have some strong content thou in it related to many aspects of online gambling, not just link/bannerfarm to online casinos. So that´s also a reason to rapid popularity I guess. I will move it to my own domain and translate it in english in the beginning of the new year when I have all the content I want ready, and I have hired some people to make graphical design and web platform for me. So then I can put link to it in international forums too :)

    But back to a question: How can affiliate program this big decide what kind of a users I will bring in (hundreds of them) in upcoming months, from the first ~20 users who happen to use my links? And even that´s okay for me if they don´t want me to promote them, but how they don´t even bother to email me about it?! In my opinion this is a very unprofessional manner to work with in this kind of a business.

    I have had very good support and contact with affiliate managers with other groups I have decided to promote this far, so I hope this is just a rare occurance of bad business practice in this industry from this particular group.

    EDIT: I am not chinese, I am from Europe and so are my users.

    #755544
    Anonymous
    Inactive

    Hey AiruaL

    No it’s not normal at all.

    As you might imagine Casino groups are actually very keen to attract and retain affiliates that bring in a vast number of genuine players.

    My experience with Casino Rewards (18 months) has been positive so far – I don’t believe that they randomly choose your account – or to victimise you – so you may have to look closer to home to understand the reason.

    To be shut down inside a week suggests that for whatever reason people using your links were generating a large amount of fraud.
    :Cry:

    As you use google analytics you might be able to track down the source of those fraudulent players and you might want to reconsider using that source again. It’s never gonig to be profitable.

    It does suck when your account gets closed like this – so I feel for you – but being closed so quickly means that you were hardly strung along – and that you have not invested too much SEO time into the job.

    So at least you can move on and try another group ?

    Sorry that I cannot suggest anything more positive.

    #755545
    paolo
    Member

    Looks like Renee from Reward Affiliates is reading this thread, so she can propably PM me if there was some credit card fraud or things like that involved with first users who happened to use my links.

    But even if that was the case, I would have hoped them to email me when they decided to close my account. I am not unhappy much at all about affiliate account closure – that is their decision completely, and I have several other affiliate schemes to choose from, but I am unhappy that they decided not to inform me about it in the first place so I had to live in the dark for days about a state of my affiliate account.

    #755546
    Anonymous
    Inactive

    Hi AiruaL

    It is standard policy not to disclose the details of the fraud committed. This would be showing other fraudsters an easy path.

    The reason you did not get an email was because I have been out of the office for a few days on personal leave. I returned today to see your email, and replied. This was at my earliest convenience. I don’t have a blackberry so am unable to email while I am not in the office.

    I am actually pretty disappointed that you obviously don’t respect my confidentiality clause at the bottom of each and every email I send out. This is put there for a reason. I would appreciate it if you had asked me before posting my email. I’m sure other affiliates/aff managers will agree with me.

    If you have any questions, you can direct them to me via email.

    Thanks.

    #755547
    paolo
    Member
    Renee;146969 wrote:
    I am actually pretty disappointed that you obviously don’t respect my confidentiality clause at the bottom of each and every email I send out. This is put there for a reason.

    There´s nothing to hide in your email, it´s very simple and standard without any personal info to hide in it. Of course I am not revealing any confidential or any personal info in public.

    Well, that´s not a very good reason from you to say that you were not able to contact me at the time the account closure occured, because someone had to push a button at some computer to close an affiliate account, so she/he could have emailed me at the same time about that.

    Maybe you learn from this and renew your business practices to better.

    #755548
    Anonymous
    Inactive

    @AiruaL 146970 wrote:

    There´s nothing to hide in your email, it´s very simple and standard without any personal info to hide in it. Of course I am not revealing any confidential or any personal info in public.

    Well, that´s not a very good reason from you to say that you were not able to contact me at the time the account closure occured, because someone had to push a button at some computer to close an affiliate account, so she/he could have emailed me at the same time about that.

    Maybe you learn from this and renew your business practices to better.

    No, there was nothing confidential about my email, however the clause is still there and you disregarded it…

    No offence intended mate, but I was away on personal leave. I think that’s good enough reason. Perhaps you should consider what personal leave means and that saying ‘it’s not good enough’ may be insensitive. I am human afterall.

    The person who ‘presses the button’ on these things is not one of the affiliate managers, and therefore did not send out the email.

    As I said, if you have any further questions, feel free to send me an email. I wont be discussing this any further here.

    #755549
    paolo
    Member
    Renee;146971 wrote:
    No offence intended mate, but I was away on personal leave. I think that’s good enough reason. Perhaps you should consider what personal leave means and that saying ‘it’s not good enough’ may be insensitive. I am human afterall.

    I am not blaming You that You were not able to contact me. I honor your personal off-work time. But there should be some standardized email that can be sent by the person who presses that button at the same time so an affiliate does not have to live days in the dark without any info. It could be simple message something like:

    “Dear Affiliate

    This is a standardized message in a case of an account closure: You are not able to login to your affiliate account at the moment because of a temporary or final closure of your account – you will be sent personal information later about this closure, when our affiliate manager will be back on duty.

    Best Regards,
    RewardsAffiliates”

    Something simple automated message like that would make message receivers life less stressful.

    GL to everyone in the future, I have nothing personal against Reneé or anyone else. Just a bit unhappy with business practices used here.

    #755551
    Anonymous
    Inactive

    Hmmmm, every couple of months the same thing happens. A new affiliate comes on this message board bashing established programs that have great reputations amongst both players and webmasters.

    A couple of questions:

    1. Did you choose reward affiliates because they pay the wager share model versus the player loss model?

    2. Are you getting players to visit the casino, to make the minimum deposit, play the minimum required under the terms and conditions, and then explaining to those players when they should cash out?

    3. Are you assuming that even if the player cashes out the exact same amount they deposited that you will be earning money from the wager model?

    4. Are your players playing at the casino because they are gamblers or are they trying to defraud the casino?

    I think I all ready know the answers.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 77 total)