Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

abs poker compromised accounts – tournament players cards viewed by rogue employees

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 76 through 80 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Neither Marcela nor CAP responding in this thread ???

golda

Let me saw first that what happened at Absolute Poker was wrong and very bad for the general public’s view of online gaming and internet poker. Players were cheated by people who had privileged software rights and abused their position within the company. Once the findings were made AP did take action and reimbursed all players affected by the cheating. All employees who were involved were removed from the company and a new software update was made that corrected the breach in security. (The ability to view other players ‘hole’ cards)

The reason we work with so many online poker programs is that affiliates all have different demands and preferences on who they should be promoting. We in no way would suggest that working with one program is a ‘must’ for any of our members and try to provide as much information here that we can. PAP is a resource for poker affiliates and I personally love being involved with the community we have here. I encourage everyone to decide for themselves which rooms to work with and then feel confident in promoting their services.

Since the allegations were first made at 2+2 we have never changed our stance on the situation. Once the problem was publicly addressed, the players were reimbursed and the KGC made their official statement and set up monitoring measures then we would work with Chipleader (Absolute Poker) again. Now that those criteria have been met I feel their program is solid and secure for both affiliates and their players.

If you would like to know anything else concerning this situation please feel free to email me: greg@pokeraffiliateprograms.com

Threads on the Topic. Please feel free to read and discuss at PAP from now on regaurding this poker issue.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@gregpowell 152160 wrote:

Let me saw first that what happened at Absolute Poker was wrong and very bad for the general public’s view of online gaming and internet poker. Players were cheated by people who had privileged software rights and abused their position within the company. Once the findings were made AP did take action and reimbursed all players affected by the cheating. All employees who were involved were removed from the company and a new software update was made that corrected the breach in security. (The ability to view other players ‘hole’ cards)

The reason we work with so many online poker programs is that affiliates all have different demands and preferences on who they should be promoting. We in no way would suggest that working with one program is a ‘must’ for any of our members and try to provide as much information here that we can. PAP is a resource for poker affiliates and I personally love being involved with the community we have here. I encourage everyone to decide for themselves which rooms to work with and then feel confident in promoting their services.

Since the allegations were first made at 2+2 we have never changed our stance on the situation. Once the problem was publicly addressed, the players were reimbursed and the KGC made their official statement and set up monitoring measures then we would work with Chipleader (Absolute Poker) again. Now that those criteria have been met I feel their program is solid and secure for both affiliates and their players.

If you would like to know anything else concerning this situation please feel free to email me: greg@pokeraffiliateprograms.com

Threads on the Topic. Please feel free to read and discuss at PAP from now on regaurding this poker issue.

Lol

Absolute lied about what had happened, deleted evidence, and got fined, but still they are certified.

What a joke.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Professor 142160 wrote:

Trust me if its proven that they allowed a past or present employee to rig games or tournaments we WILL BARBECUE THEIR ASS.

The last thing our industry needs is a scandal like this to make players uncomfortable about playing. We are taking this VERY seriously.

No comment

vladcizsol

Ok I think we addressed this and unfortunately no matter what decision we make not everyone is going to be happy.

Heres some of factors behind our decision to retain Chipleader as a certified partner:

1. Thousands of affiliates still work with Absolute Poker and Ultimate Bet and Chipleader. Its important to keep the lines of communication open and active.
    If you dont wish to promote these particular rooms no one has a gun to your head. I dont know of a single program that has 100% universal acceptance among players and affiliates. Thank heavans it’s a free market and we all have choices of who we wish to work with.

2. Chipleader has been EXTREMELY supportive of CAP and all the other affiliate communities out there. They support the community, they support our events, they graciously host parties and give aways for affilates and they are great to work with. We value that alot. And to be honest many of the so called lily white poker rooms out there DONT invest in supporting affiliates. I believe that AP has earned the right to continue on here now that all evidence indicates that they addressed and corrected the problems reported. What more could they do?

3. While we dont recommend rogue programs, we feel that this was a series of events done by several unscrupulous employees who have been suitably dealt with and no longer represent a threat. When I said we would “Barbecue their asses” it was under the condition that it came out that the company itself was participating in this scam. There is no evidence to say they were and they did take action to make all players effected whole. That was the responsible thing to do and they stepped up to plate and did it.

4. A limited number of tournament players were effected and as stated that was addressed and the players received any monies due them. As far as I know affiliates werent effected. I can understand a player community taking a different view on this and I dont judge their decisions on how they wish to address it. But as an AFFILIATE coomunity I dont believe we are out of line by retaining the AP certification live.

Again I understand everyone is not going to be happy with this decision and thats fine, but lets not allow one issue to become such a focal point that it causes problems.

I am locking this thread but will leave it active for research purposes. Its time to move on.

Viewing 5 posts - 76 through 80 (of 80 total)