Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

abs poker compromised accounts – tournament players cards viewed by rogue employees

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

@Professor 142142 wrote:

Ok things are strating to make more sense. Thanks for the info. The cliff notes threads helps me to get a clearer picture of whats alleged to have happened.

Ok Let me get this right:

1. Its believed that a player named potripper may have been told what the hole cards of other players were by Scott Tom of AP. This assumption is made based upon potripper not folding after observer 363 started watching the game.

Is that correct?

Professor it is not that he wasnt folding , it is that he knew exactly when to fold , and he also knew exactly when he could make a bet and get every one else to fold , on every hand ..

A pro player might be able to make these decisions some of the time , but this guy is doing it 100% of the hands . It is impossible for someone to know when to fold or raise 100% of the time and make the correct decision .

vladcizsol
    Quote:
    A pro player might be able to make these decisions some of the time , but this guy is doing it 100% of the hands . It is impossible for someone to know when to fold or raise 100% of the time and make the correct decision .

Agreed. And thats a red herring.

Anonymous
    Inactive

You can few some of the hands here:

youtube.com/watch?v=FczbS7FiWSM

Anonymous
    Inactive

If Scott Tom was not involved in the cheating he was either watching the table Potripper was playing or someone was sharing an IP with him to do it. There is not evidence beyond any doubt he is involved but it is pretty strong. Keep in mind an AP account seemingly tied to him (the email was his name to a domain he owned) was on the same IP as this user 363.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ok, slowly wrapping my head around this now.

I have been reading elsewhere and came upon the term “railtard”.

What does it mean?

neophyte

railtard = cross between “railbird” (someone not in a game but watching from the rail or virtual rail) and “retard”…

welcome to the world of online poker-isms lol.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@alexross 142177 wrote:

railtard = cross between “railbird” (someone not in a game but watching from the rail or virtual rail) and “retard”…

welcome to the world of online poker-isms lol.

Ah, that would be me trying to get a clue! nut.gif

golda

We are affiliates, but some of us play poker as well. From a players perspective this is a big deal. From an affiliates perspective this is a bigger deal. I can assure you that both CAP and PAP are going to be closely involved in discovering what happened and what the resolution (if any is needed) will be. Remember to read the posts and threads with an unbiased perspective and while the story is juicy it may not be true. Certainly there is cause for concern; and AbsolutePoker.com has taken the correct measures in hiring a third party firm to conduct an investigatory campaign into the issue.

I went into more details on the blog today if you would like to continue reading. Bottom line is that CAP/PAP is actively investigating this issue and will make sure and keep our members informed on the latest factual findings. If you would like to read more about the accusations then there are plenty of places in which you can do so.

PAP Blog Post: Absolute

Anonymous
    Inactive

basically is boils down to one thing……

Is the master hand history that was emailed by mistake real ? If so, = 100% for sure “potripper” was cheating – there is no doubt about that

So is that master hand history real or not ?

Does anyone know if the other players in that tourny have confirmed that their own hand history matchs that of the master hand history that has been exposed ?

Anonymous
    Inactive

@gregpowell 142182 wrote:

and AbsolutePoker.com has taken the correct measures in hiring a third party firm to conduct an investigatory campaign into the issue.

Not really, this is like CAP asking PAP to audit their practices.

btw your link isn’t working.

Anonymous
    Inactive

and this just in

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=12543768&page=0&vc=#Post12543768

meanwhile, more breaking news, from sources at AP that will remain nameless:

ThePotripper account belongs to AJ Green, former Director of Operations atAP and Tom Scott’s best friend. AJ Green is currently VP of operationsat nine.com.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Quote:
    Does anyone know if the other players in that tourny have confirmed that their own hand history matchs that of the master hand history that has been exposed ?

Several other players have confirmed their hands and boards in that tourney. Of course none of the player hh’s would have the hole cards of any hand that didn’t go to showdown.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Anonymous
    Inactive

@kar 142217 wrote:

Good wrap up on what has happened here

http://freakonomics.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/10/17/the-absolute-poker-cheating-scandal-blown-wide-open/

Very messed up.

seems like the release of personal data of that player was done as an “inside job” rather then obliviously trying to break the privacy rule. there have been too many allegations, and the player’s data actually verified the allegations.

go figure…you wouldn’t expect this from AP. what i didn’t like about their press release was the fact that its pretty vague. “as far as they are aware”, “to our knowledge”…wtf…you either know whats going on in your company or you dont. if you say things like this, then it only means that you know what happened, and you do not want to make it public until some resolution is found. if not, then you are pretty much incompetent in dealing with security issues…

ps.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ok, I’m a poker player and I watche this on youtube which is supposed to be an 8 minute span of hands he played.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FczbS7FiWSM

This guy virtually played every hand, and bluffed a LOT. The thing is he never bluffed at the wrong time which I find amazing. He also had a bluff with 45 where 5 people see the flop and he bluffs a guy off of a straight draw. Everybody else misses the flop. This is a very gutsy play, unless you know what everybody has.

My point is, if he doesn’t see hole cards, he’s playing every hand and bluffing ALOT. Your bound to make a mistake and lose a big hand. But he never does.

Also he plays about 20 straight hands, his first hand he folds a player enters the pot with a good sized raise with KK. I find it amzing the he was calling raises with 45 73, but folds here.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 80 total)