Pittsburgh Steelers win sixth Super Bowl
Super Bowl XLIII was won by the Pittsburgh Steelers after defeating the Arizona Cardinals 27-23. The highlight of the match for many was a remarkable score by James Harrison, who ran a full 100 yards to make the points.
This occurred just before half-time and had a 17-7 lead. They went on to win 27-23 and net their sixth Super Bowl title.
‘It was very tiring but it all worth it,’ Harrison said. ‘I was just thinking I had to do whatever I could to get to the other end zone and get seven.’
The Cardinals staged a major comeback from being 20-7 down to gaining a fantastic 23-20 lead. However, Pittsburgh quarterback Ben Roethlisberger led a final effort that resulted in Santonio Holmes making a winning catch with less than a minute on the clock.
"My feet never left the ground,’ Holmes said. ‘All I did was extend my arms and use my toes as extra extension to catch up to the ball. We’re going down in history with one of the greatest games ever played in the Super Bowl,’ Holmes added. ‘We finished it up the way we needed to.’
It is strongly rumoured that poker pro Phil Ivey had a $1,000,000 bet on the Super Bowl.
- Intertops Sportsbook Favors the Pittsburgh Steelers to Beat the Arizona Cardinals in Super Bowl XLII
- $21K Blackjack Tournament Winners Advance to Super Bowl Week Grand Final
- Action Hots Up As Six More Make It To BKJK BOWL Monthly Final
- Online Casino Wins Sixth Consecutive Award
- $250,000 Up for Grabs in Star-Studded Super Saturday at DoylesRoom.com