Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

Punished for using text link brokers?

owldeath2 asked 1 year ago
http://www.textlinkbrokers.com/

What are the chances of my sites being punished if I use this service, does anyone here use them?

29 Answers
M.D answered 1 year ago
howardmoon wrote:
To put it another way:

Say you start reading a blog, on a subject that interests you. Half way through, the author starts talking about XYZ product, saying it really helped him out. The product sounds interesting, and it certainly sounds like it worked well for the author. But then you notice the link to the product is an affiliate link.

What do you think now? It may well be that the product was genuinely useful to the blog author, and it may well still be of interest to you, and you may still click it. But now you have a big warning sign in your head “maybe this guy just recommended the product because he gets paid if I buy it”

By contrast, if you had found the same link with no affiliate link, you would have no concern and you would believe that this author genuinely likes and recommends this product, with no ulterior motive. A non-affiliate link is therefore more valuable to your product-purchasing decision than an affiliate link; it is worth more “votes”.

You think all that because you are intelligent, and you have been around long enough to know that people often try and sell you things just to make money for themselves, and not because it will benefit you in any way. You know that there’s a chance the author just said it was great because he wants to make more money, not because it really is great.

Well guess what, Google is not dumb either, and they have been around a while too. It’s obvious to anyone that a reciprocal link has a strong likelyhood of an ulterior motive. Maybe the recommendation is still valid, but, just like the affid example above, it comes with a warning “this link exists not just for my benefit, but for their benefit too, treat it with a pinch of salt”. So its value is discounted – how much, who knows, but it’s not a trivial amount.

No hard feelings, but adding the aff links into the equation is irrelevant.

howardmoon wrote:
To answer your other questions, yes I have done testing and no I won’t release the details. If you don’t believe me that’s quite all right and entirely up to you, I’m not trying to sell you anything here <span title=” title=”” class=”bbcode_smiley” /> Just telling you what I know to be true, but what you believe is up to you and I don’t care either way.

Well, I’ve done testing on my network as well. I’ve been doing so since 2002 and my conclusions are apparently opposite to yours.

However, we are getting off topic into SEO strategies and SE Myths and facts. I have no intention to try and convince you in my believes and i’m sure this is true vice versa.

The question asked was:
Is there any point to relevant but reciprocal links of the same PR or is it just a waste of outgoing link?

I can say yes a 100 times while you keep saying No, but we will be both just wasting our time and worst, we will not really answer this question.

So far, we have both gave our points of view. This should me more than enough for others to decide. getting deeper into this debate is worthless.

howardmoon answered 1 year ago
To put it another way:

Say you start reading a blog, on a subject that interests you. Half way through, the author starts talking about XYZ product, saying it really helped him out. The product sounds interesting, and it certainly sounds like it worked well for the author. But then you notice the link to the product is an affiliate link.

What do you think now? It may well be that the product was genuinely useful to the blog author, and it may well still be of interest to you, and you may still click it. But now you have a big warning sign in your head “maybe this guy just recommended the product because he gets paid if I buy it”

By contrast, if you had found the same link with no affiliate link, you would have no concern and you would believe that this author genuinely likes and recommends this product, with no ulterior motive. A non-affiliate link is therefore more valuable to your product-purchasing decision than an affiliate link; it is worth more “votes”.

You think all that because you are intelligent, and you have been around long enough to know that people often try and sell you things just to make money for themselves, and not because it will benefit you in any way. You know that there’s a chance the author just said it was great because he wants to make more money, not because it really is great.

Well guess what, Google is not dumb either, and they have been around a while too. It’s obvious to anyone that a reciprocal link has a strong likelyhood of an ulterior motive. Maybe the recommendation is still valid, but, just like the affid example above, it comes with a warning “this link exists not just for my benefit, but for their benefit too, treat it with a pinch of salt”. So its value is discounted – how much, who knows, but it’s not a trivial amount.

Having just read your reply, I think you are misunderstanding what I am saying. In particular:

Quote:
3. Do you really think Google believes their guidelines should construct a new internet structure where reciprocal links should not exists?

I never said they shouldnt exist, and of course they will exist. There are numerous reasons why reciprocal links can and should exist in the real world, and I’m not saying they should be avoided too. I am talking purely about SEO. For SEO purposes, repcriocal links are worth very little. If you are obtaining links to boost your SE ranking, make sure they are oneway. If you are swapping links to boost direct click traffic, or just because it is a logical swap for your niche, go right ahead. You won’t be worse off than if you didn’t have those links, in SEO terms, you just won’t be much better off.

And it’s quite possible that google tracks 3 and 4 way links too, or will do in time. So that’s not a long-term business plan either. But generally it works ok for now.

To answer your other questions, yes I have done testing and no I won’t release the details. If you don’t believe me that’s quite all right and entirely up to you, I’m not trying to sell you anything here <span title=” title=”” class=”bbcode_smiley” /> Just telling you what I know to be true, but what you believe is up to you and I don’t care either way.

Quote:
Reciprocal links are fundamental, trading is fundamental. There’s nothing wrong in giving something in exchange to something.

Nothing wrong, sure. Just don’t expect to gain much of a SEO boost if the majority of your links are reciprocal rather than one-way. Which, as I keep saying, is entirely fair enough – oneway links indicate that someone, of their own free will and for no obvious ulterior motive, ‘voted’ for your site. I’m surprised you’d argue that point, it seems pretty obvious to me that natural linking should be worth much more than a manufactured (i.e. traded) linking. And we know Google has the money, the time, the knowledge and the inclination to keep improving its algorithm, so why would they not use this common sense measure?

M.D answered 1 year ago
@howardmoon]Google is using links from other sites to work out what sites are popular. It takes a link as a vote: “this site provides useful information on the subject of I vote for this site”.[/QUOTE wrote:

I agree

howardmoon wrote:
A reciprocal link defeats that object. It’s not a vote of confidence. It’s a vote of “I’ll vote for you if you vote for me”. It tells Google that you don’t hugely care what is on the site you link to, you only care that they link back to you.

I disagree,
if the sites have something in common, this is natural, normal and most legitimate as long as you don’t trade thousands of reciproclas.

See my pets and pets food sample above.

If the sites are not related, that’s a different story which is not related to us because we speak on recip links between two gambling sites.

howardmoon wrote:
It’s common sense that reciprocal links should be no (or little) good, and it’s also common fact borne out of testing. Exactly how much they are valued or discounted is unknown, but they certainly aren’t anywhere near as good as one way links.

If you want to swap links, do 3 or 4 way linking to hide it somewhat. It’s just daft doing it directly.

No offence but
1. Did you do this testing by your self? If so, when and where? Can we have the detailes please?

2. Do you have any official proof from Google about this?

3. Do you really think Google believes their guidelines should construct a new internet structure where reciprocal links should not exists?

Reciprocal links are fundamental, trading is fundamental. There’s nothing wrong in giving something in exchange to something.

As long as you don’t run a link farm, you are safe.

howardmoon answered 1 year ago
Google is using links from other sites to work out what sites are popular. It takes a link as a vote: “this site provides useful information on the subject of ; I vote for this site”

A reciprocal link defeats that object. It’s not a vote of confidence. It’s a vote of “I’ll vote for you if you vote for me”. It tells Google that you don’t hugely care what is on the site you link to, you only care that they link back to you.

It’s common sense that reciprocal links should be no (or little) good, and it’s also common fact borne out of testing. Exactly how much they are valued or discounted is unknown, but they certainly aren’t anywhere near as good as one way links.

If you want to swap links, do 3 or 4 way linking to hide it somewhat. It’s just daft doing it directly.

M.D answered 1 year ago
howardmoon wrote:
Reciprocal links are worth very little.

I’m tierd of hearing that.. That’s simply far from being the truth. It is an unbased rumor. It is amazing how fast all these rumors about linking spread and turn into a guideline without being based. These are all speculations. Nothing more, Nothing Less.

This reciprocal links devaluating rumor started a long time ago when Google has began targting link farms that were actually sites with nothing but thousands of recprocated links.

As long as you don’t run a link farm with thousands of reciprocated links, reciprocal links are valuable and that’s based on my own experience.

Google knows the link exchange is a natural way of getting traffic from relevant sites.

Think about this scenario:
If You have a pet site, and you know about a good pet food company.. You even buy their dog food for your dog who loves it. You can place a link to them on your site and recommend their food to your visitors. After all, it is a pet site and your visitors have to feed their pets, right?

So you contact the pet food company and ask them to recommend your site to their visitors and in exchange you will do the same.

Does this seem imaginable? Do you think the people at Google think this is not a realistic scenario and any such link must be treated as junk?

It’s easy to say reciprocal links are dead, I will not be amazed if people will start believe that google will ban their sites if they don’t fart 3 times a day. {please excuse my language}

I’ve used reciprocal linking. I still use it and it works great for me.. even on my own sites network i link all the sites and reciprocate and they all get great PR eventually and even rank well.

Reciprocals links are like any other links as long as you don’t have thousands of them and not all at once.

villa10 answered 1 year ago
If the case is SE penalties for the only fact of buying links, you may be penalized also for paid links in authority sites.

Right now entrepeneur.com is selling links.
What about a new PR0 linking from this website?

Not in the casino field but I now about sites ranking very well with something like 200 links from a trade/links company.

If I decide to use one of these companies, adding links at the path of 5-10 per month I can’t see the risk.

howardmoon answered 1 year ago
owldeath2 wrote:
Is there any point to relevant but reciprocal links of the same PR or is it just a waste of outgoing link?

Reciprocal links are worth very little.

owldeath2 answered 1 year ago
Is there any point to relevant but reciprocal links of the same PR or is it just a waste of outgoing link?

babyface answered 1 year ago
I don’t want to go into whether buying/selling links is good or bad but I can say that Textlinkbrokers are one of the top link brokers out there. However, the link brokers inventory in the gambling industry is poor so you will end up with low quality sites linking to you or in your case you linking to them.

Does Google know about their inventory? I would think that they have accounts on the biggest brokers out there.

/babyface

owldeath2 answered 1 year ago
Woah, great post MD – thanks <span title=” title=”” class=”bbcode_smiley” />