Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

Need help, allfreechips stolen.

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 98 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

1)
    Contact namecheap . Even they are the new registrar I know that they do not afford this kind of things.

2)
    Sign up and make a post about your trouble at webhostingtalk.com + “Domain names” .
    The registrars are often watching and posting on this forum, and you can find expert traders there, that can give you some good ideas.

Daniel

Anonymous
    Inactive

Update. 1and1 has pushed this to the domain group (I guess that is good)

Namecheap has assured me the domain can not be pointed elsewhere until this is resolved (makes me feel good!) and they state 1and1 has to put forth a document saying my name was transfered without my approval. (I hope this is what they are doing right now)

So it looks a LOT better than it did a bit ago.

Anonymous
    Inactive

It still sucks badly, you lost all this time. Things like that get me really upset.

Anonymous
    Inactive

1and1 just sent me an email saying it was already transfered and to file an ICANN copmplaint.. wtf..

neophyte

good luck getting this sorted. I remember sex.com was stolen in a similar way. took ages to get it back iirc..

failing that’ there’s always the machete at the doorstep option.:)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey allfreechips

That really does suck. Has any of the affiliate code changed?

Anonymous
    Inactive

No, the domain name still points to MY webserver, so the name was transfered but the Name servers it points to was not.

So allfreechips still points to my allfreechips, just I dont own the name right now

Anonymous
    Inactive

For the first time I am actually feeling ill over this. I am quite anxious as emails seem to take forever to come back!

I did an ICANN complaint, free online submission but I think a real ICANN dispute will cost $$$$$$ correct?

Anonymous
    Inactive

@allfreechips 186765 wrote:

Bo, i bought this in 2004 (new domain) and it was transfered Nov 6th from my registrar to to namecheap. mine said they had my permission and a signed fax from me that I never did.

Ask 1and1 to compare the sender phone number on the fax sheet, with your domain name administration records.
    If your number was included in the fax sheet, you may start moving with the phone company to check this issue.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ok, after waiting 4 days and many emails to 1&1, and phone calls to support (the domain transfer team is not allowed to have phones i guess?) I got the same BS email back from them

Thank you for contacting us. Unfortunately, since the domain is currently registered through Enom we would be unable to retrieve it. You can contact ICANN to file a complaint. You can reach them via icann.org. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

This is the exact email they sent me Monday!!

I have called a legal team and they asked why 1&1 has not simply subbmited a fraudulent transfer request on my behalf. I talked to namecheap and they said to simply have 1&1 submit a fraudulent transfer request.

I send all this info to the transfer team at 1&1 and I get the same BS form letter!!

AHHHHHHHHH

stevej

That sucks! I guess this is a lesson for why we need to keep the domains “Locked” at the registrars, then would it not also require that they had access to your emails for the authorization codes, etc? I know at Godaddy getting a domain transfered is kind of a hassle even if you legitimately purchased the site.

Best of luck to you! :(

Anonymous
    Inactive

It was locked, the account was hacked and they changed the contact email addy, and unlocked it :(

karim

I really hope that this gets sorted out for you real soon. I cannot believe the nerve of some people. Whoever is doing this to you needs a taste of their own medicine.

Anonymous
    Inactive

fianlly got a “good sounding” response after litterally going off ..

We will be sending your case to our domain administrators to see how they wish to proceed with this case. If we can request the domain back from Enom, they will be the ones that can handle this. You will receive an email with a resolution. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us. —

Hopefully this new department has a clue to fixing this..

Anonymous
    Inactive

This is a really weird scam, firstly how did the scammer know what your username was at the registrar? Secondly how can that registrar tranfer your domain based just on a forged fax, sounds very dodgy and I certainly hope Godaddy are a bit more secure!
    Of course the really dumb thing is the scammer who has forgotten to change the aff codes.
    Really hope this works out for you, if it was me I’d be getting some very scary sounding lawyers to threaten your original registrar and threaten lawsuits etc, that would probably make them pull their damned finger out.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 98 total)