Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

Need help, allfreechips stolen.

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 98 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I saw today I am no longer the owner of the domian allfreechips.com, it was transfered nov 6th with a forged fax.

Anonymous
    Inactive

It still points to my web server though. Was at 1and1.com now its at namecheap

[whois.enom.com]
    =-=-=-=
    Visit AboutUs.org for more information about allfreechips.com
    AboutUs: allfreechips.com

Registration Service Provided By: NameCheap.com
    Visit: http://www.namecheap.com/

Domain name: allfreechips.com

Anonymous
    Inactive

A forged fax? So you bought the domain through enom.com and someone sent them a fax with your signature? How would enom even know what your signature looks like? This sounds like you could get it back with a phone call or 2. Who have you contacted so far and what are they telling you?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I would not say it would be easy to get it back and definetly not free.

This sucks that it was even possible!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Bo, i bought this in 2004 (new domain) and it was transfered Nov 6th from my registrar to to namecheap. mine said they had my permission and a signed fax from me that I never did.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve went through this and worse before.

If the website is not making much money write your own letter to them and get it authenticated by a notary public with a stamp to show that they have seen your id. On this letter state that you request the domain name to be transferred back to where it used to be and that you did not authorize this initial change. Also state that you are seeking legal opinion and that you will press charges if this does not happen.

The main problem is that the registrar might take the safe route and hold the domain name as is until they get a court order to be transferred back which can take weeks or months.

If the website is making money initiate the process to get a court order to get it changed back. Contact a lawyer asap.

The third route is pretend you know all about the change and then send another fax to the new registrar to get it changed to the old one, pretending that everything is good. That way they wont suspect that the domain name was stolen and they wont place it on hold.

Either way its a shit situation.

As for what you should bring to your lawyer a print off of you initially buying the domain name and that its registered to you and how long you registered it for that way he has something to show the judge.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Wow, that trully sucks, a whole new level of scam… Enom are turning out to be a very lousy company, after all.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I also file my taxes unfer allfreechips as well.. I know I have the legal right to it, and putting a hold is ok as it is still pointed to my server, ie allfreechips still points to my dedicated server.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Stupid 186767 wrote:

Wow, that trully sucks, a whole new level of scam… Enom are turning out to be a very lousy company, after all.

No, enom is where it was transfered to, 1and1 is my registrar that let it go.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Oh, I see, you just used Enom for the whois.

Then I guess someone has hacked into your account:

http://www.enom.com/help/transfers/transfer-domain-name-from-1and1-to-enom.asp

Anonymous
    Inactive

Then its in your best interest to get this started as fast as you can so if its frozen it is while its pointed to your server versus the asswipe.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@antoine 186766 wrote:

The third route is pretend you know all about the change and then send another fax to the new registrar to get it changed to the old one, pretending that everything is good. That way they wont suspect that the domain name was stolen and they wont place it on hold.

i like this idea, an eye for an eye! aarrrhhh :cappy:

biggyg

We had a domain stolen in march 2007 ,we ended up getting it back after 4 months and about $2000.00 in legal fees.Work with the original company first as it was their incompetance that allowed the domain to be transfered.

Anonymous
    Inactive

now i get an email from cap i had someone try 5 times to log in as me here, wtf is going on anymore!

vladcizsol

Chips this REALLY sucks. If there is anything we can do to help let me know. I hate this shit, if people put 1/10 the work into honestly building a business that they do on stealing they could earn more.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 98 total)