Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

Announcing CAP Alerts – Terms & Conditions Updates

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I don’t think anyone doubts it’s a useful service, but like CBG said, there is an ethical issue here. CAP purports to be helping it’s affiliate members – and it does by and large – but if they take the idea of an existing member, drop their support for it and then copy it, they have to realise that a lot of affiliates might view this with some concern.

voodooman

I feel that the market can handle two sites that offer the T&C warning system.

CNN, Fox, SkyNews all cover the same stories. It’s great for transparency and competition.

Choice is good.

Anonymous
    Inactive

This really sits uneasy with me. If I was KWBlue I would be extremely pissed off and in my opinion he is totally justified to be so. Yes the majority of us run our sites as a business. But there are ethical ways of operating a business. It is not all just about the $.

As webmasters we have responsibilities to the players and also with regards CAP, responsibilities to the affiliate members, which make up the community which we know as CAP.

We ( affiliates ) should all be working together for the sake of our industry. Yet this unilateral action taken by CAP on this issue and also CAP’s actions with regards the owners of the GPWA leaves a very sour taste in my mouth.

It seems that CAP on one hand advocates healthy competition. Yet on the other, how dare anyone acquire a site or organisation that CAP was interested in acquiring.

I hope I won’t get castigated for speaking my mind, after all isn’t that what this forum is for – Bouncing ideas off each other to be able to perform better as a portal webmaster.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ll back up webzcas and say that this sits really uneasy with me too.

I get the distinct impression that these actions are to rid other Affiliate Portals in order to create a monopoly. Work with us and no one else, or don’t work with us at all.

Removing the competition is bad for the whole industry, no variety, a monopoly, and affiliates lose their voice.

The industry should be working together, not pushing each other out of the way.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I really don’t see what is the big deal?

KWBlue – you have to admit that without CAP no one would have ever heard of your website. You should be thankful that you’ve got plenty of free advertisement and prmotion by having your own sub-forum (even though CAP benefited as well). With the free advertising, you had plenty of time to make your website and service popular among the affiliates, and judging from the comments, you’ve succeeded. There is no reason to be sour that some competition has popped up. I reallize that because of CAP’s new service the flow of new affiliates from CAP to your website is/will be virtually over, but I am sure there are other avenues to pursue. I’ve seen your logo on a few affiliate programs’ websites and I am sure you will do just fine.

I don’t think CAP should start this service, but my reason is totally different – I simply think Lou should stick to the core service, which is a forum (online at CAP or offline at the gatherings). I don’t think CAP’s heart is in the T&C service the way KWBlue’s is, which will result in mediocre service and will backfire eventually.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Removing the competition is bad for the whole industry, no variety, a monopoly, and affiliates lose their voice.

That’s what I am afraid of.

voodooman
    kar;186394 wrote:

The industry should be working together, not pushing each other out of the way.

Is this not creating competition? Competition will keep AGD and CAP on their toes which will be beneficial to everyone.

FrankBlack

I’m just a piss ant in the affiliate world and don’t know the full details here. But from what I gather I can understand where a man might be a bit put of to say the least. It sounds like this whole thing has taken KWBlue by complete surprise and that’s where I would think a big part of the problem lies……

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Stupid 186399 wrote:

I really don’t see what is the big deal?

Part of the issue (I think) is this:

@kwblue 186267 wrote:

Lou (Professor) gave me his word that CAP would not introduce this feature.

Business is business, competition is good, sure, buy why say one thing and then do another?

Unrelated point — everyone should keep in mind that since CAP will only track CAP-certified programs, in general the alerts here will be a subset of the alerts at AGD.

Anonymous
    Inactive

everyone should keep in mind that since CAP will only track CAP-certified programs,

Um isn’t that all the programs? :laughing:

Anonymous
    Inactive

Heh — it is most, but not all. :wink-wink

Anonymous
    Inactive

What exactly is the reasoning behind closing the CAP Alert thread in the sub forum. Is there not supposed to be any discussion of term changes? I guess having a focus would help CAP as well because being a jack of all trades usually yields sub standard results as Stupid pointed out.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Damn.

I got to Page 3 and felt I couldn’t stay silent any longer.

As the first (or one of the first) affiliates who created an idea which was massively copied by every Tom Dick and Harry, I felt I should point out that while I would be a bit miffed by this, in the end it is an idea – a concept – and not a copyright.

I would much rather have seen CAP and AGD continue to work together. Surely there must’ve been some way to reach an agreement to do so.

Having said that:

* AGD may be the first of its kind, but it is not a patented idea and as such if someone else can do the same thing without directly infringing on AGD’s scripts or proprietary information, then so be it. Otherwise, we would have only Coke, instead of Coke, Pepsi, Shasta, Jolt, RC Cola, et al.

* However – if Lou gave his word to Andy that CAP would not replicate the idea – then Lou should’ve done the gentlemanly thing and not allowed this to be done. But I believe the problem is that Lou is not the only decision-maker at CAP and thus an agreement with him does not necessarily constitute an agreement with CAP.

Sad. I feel for Andy but I also see CAP’s position as well as Lou’s.

If anyone would like to give me back my jackpot tickers and pulldowns, you’re all welcome.

Evelinessa
    Goldfinger;186419 wrote:
    What exactly is the reasoning behind closing the CAP Alert thread in the sub forum. Is there not supposed to be any discussion of term changes? I guess having a focus would help CAP as well because being a jack of all trades usually yields sub standard results as Stupid pointed out.

The first two that were posted were closed, however note that all threads will remain open for discussion from here on out.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Webzcas 186415 wrote:

Um isn’t that all the programs? :laughing:

No, not by any stretch of the imagination.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 57 total)