Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

World Cup Special

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 61 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ll tell you something Kevin

I know Germany pretty good…i’ll just throw a few things at you

Euro2004, i thought Germany could win…but…this is what happened

Voeller…absolutely terrible coach

He refused to play Klose, which irritated the hell out of me, and kept pumping this Kuranyi guy, who was never gonna score, and the more he screwed up, the more dejected he became out there, and Voeller let him die out there on the field, and just shattered the young striker’s confidence for life…you just never ever do something like that as a coach.

Key mistake #2…he refused to play Metzelder, who i consider a great young defender…and in the game vs Holland that eliminated Germany, the cross that found Van Nistelrooj for the late winner came from the position that Metzelder plays…i can virtually guarantee you that if Metzelder was on the field and playing his position, that cross never would’ve got through and found its way into Germany’s net

That was why Germany did nothing at Euro2004, only those 2 things and nothing else

Now you see the difference those 2 players make in the team’s performance level

Ballack is a pure champ, one of my favourite players, but he went down vs Argentina, i cant ignore that, he’s hurt…i like Frings, he’s playing really good, kind of like how Jeremies played the midfield a few years back in the World Cup, a strong powerful runner

Okondor is moving his ass pretty good, but you can’t start him, he’s not that kind of player…he is effective when you bring him in late, after the other teams defence is worn down a bit, then his speed is more useful, and he has much more impact on the game, if you put him in from the start, you would probably have to pull him after 60 minutes, then you lose one of your aces who come in off the bench

This game is much more complicated than people think…the coaches really have to make all the right moves

I thought Klinsman made a couple mistakes so far that might have jeopardized his team, especially in the late going of this tournament

The game vs Ecuador…Ecuador conceeded that game from the start by resting their best players, but Klinsman had his team going full throttle, and rested nobody…the effects of that move showed against Argentina, as they were life and death to survive and came limping off the field…and it will show again against Italy, they needlessly spent themselves…i was trying to relay a message to Ballack in that one, yo, wtf are you doing, settle down and save yourself for later, but Klinsman had the idea that he could win this thing by having the pedal to the metal right from the start, now the tank is nearing empty because of that idea

You just have to take a few games off if you’re gonna win one of these things, and make sure your key players get a rest…Klinsman should’ve got guys like Assamoah into the game, let them run around out there and give your top guns a rest…Klose has played over 400 minutes of this tourney, none of the Italian strikers have played even 300 minutes

Then look what Italy has on the bench…100 goals in Del Pierro and Inzaghi…and they don’t even need them, they have played 150 minutes between them…in fact, every single player on Italy’s roster has seen action, with the exception of the backup goalies…that is the sign of a very good coach and a solid team

If you want to compare starting lineups in terms of minutes played so far(and its a very important stat)…you will see that overall, Italy as a team has played over 1000 minutes less than Germany…i’ll get out some specs

Forwards – Italy +308 minute advantage

Klose – 408
    Podolski – 443

Toni – 286
    Gilardino – 257

Midfield – Italy +258 minute advantage

Ballack – 390
    Schweinsteiger – 400
    Schneider – 402
    Frings – 449
    Borowski – 176(gets occassional start, might start this game)

Totti – 285
    Pirlo – 427
    Camoranesi – 175 (plays when they go with 5 in midfield, and 1 forward)
    Gattuso – 312
    Zambrotta – 360

Defense – Italy +674 minute advantage

Metzelder – 390
    Lahm – 480
    Friedrich – 453
    Mertesacker – 480

Nesta – 196
    Cannavaro – 450
    Grosso – 360
    Materazzi – 123

Team Total – Italy +1240 minute advantage

Obviously the lower those numbers are next to each player, the better, and Italy has a huge advantage, they are coming into this game in much better shape physically, and way less worn down, consider any thought you had of Germany being physically superior in this one a complete myth, it’s quite the opposite

Germany will need all the help they can get just to keep it close…that is such a huge advantage for Italy(how did they do it…smoke and mirrors baby), they average over 100 minutes less per player, just incredible

Imagine i’m in a 10km marathon race against the world’s best 10km runner, but i only have to run 7.5km…well i’m gonna kick his ass…no matter how good you are, you just can’t give away that kind of advantage

:hattip:

Anonymous
    Inactive

Go Italy!!!!!! :clapper:

Anonymous
    Inactive

Congratulations to Italy.

The outcome wasnt what I expected. Germany seemed to be playing the end of extra time as though they where expecting a penalty shoot out, and it cost them…

No gloating Nick!… :colgate:

Anonymous
    Inactive

Don’t be surprised if Italy win 2-0 here

And so it is…yet another perfect prediction

Aside from Kevin being on suicide watch after this game…you gotta admit that it unfolded exactly as i said, and they won because of the reasons i mentioned…Italy was better prepared physically because of the resting they were able to squeeze in, in the earlier games, and as this game went on and on in extra time, you could see that, Italy scored 2 goals and hit 2 posts late in extra time

I don’t know what to tell you Kevin…Italy got the hex goin on you…If i was your coach i could break it, and break them…which reminds me…i must go entertain offers to coach some teams around here…there are still people who dont believe i am the greatest soccer mind in the world, do you believe that…damn politics, those old timers would never give a freshie like me a chance at the helm of a real team

Anyways…

tough luck, put your head back together and lets do the rest of the games

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey Nick – the germany / italy game did unfold much like you said.

I expected Germany to come out swinging at the start, but Italy had the first half edge I thought. Germany started to come alive in the 2nd and it looked to me that it would just be a matter of time before Germany broke the deadlock. This just didnt happen. Starting to think your “rest” theory had strong merrit. The German strikers didnt seem to have the explosive finish they had at the earlier stages. And, as you mentioned, Italy indeed did look the fresher of the two in extra time. I dont necessarily think Italy is a better team, but they had a better result today for a number of factors, but thats the nature of competition.

Some key moments that I thought could have made a difference:

1) Podolski being fouled in the box without an ensuing penalty shot.
    2) Podolski missing an easy header by a wide margin – not a good sign
    3) Lahm, whom I was impressed with today, wasting a shot that should have found its mark in most cases.

These last 2 points are not good signs for a team known for its precision and effeciency.

Today was Italy’s day and they earned the win.

Have to re-think my views on France / Portugal – was thinking a farily easy win for France, but want to re-evaluate my reasoning to see if this changes.

For now, I guess a person could make the same case for this as game as the German/Italian game. Portugal has had to fight harder to get here, so rest could be a factor. Also, like the Italians, I see the French peaking at the right time. Both Germany and Portugal overacheived in the beginning and perhaps Portugal will fade now as well. Thats all I got got now on this one.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey Kevin, don’t you just hate it when somebody’s always right…i’m probably irritating the hell out of some people…but like i said, just step aside and let the shooter roll…you’ve been a good sport throughout, putting up with my cocky attitude, i’ll give you credit for that, i was the same way on the field, givin everyone the bizness…anyways

Who knows, if Frings was playing it could’ve made a difference…that shot Schneider took that went just over the bar, watch the replay, Buffon saved that, one finger, just knocked it over the net…i really don’t know how anybody is gonna score on Italy, this is the greatest defensive performance in world cup history, and Cannavaro is the player of the tournament for my money

Oddly i find myself in a strange predicament, i think France beats Portugal, but its much better for me financially if Portugal wins…i’m gonna try to work that out somehow to even out

As for possible reasons Portugal might win…i got a few, not very good though, but u never know

France might bounce after such a huge performance vs Brazil…1986 World Cup, France eliminated Brazil in quarters, then lost next game in semi’s…so a possible let down could happen, although unlikely

Coach Scolari is the current champion, and he molded this team to resemble the 2002 Brazil team, that still might not be enough to beat Frenchy though

Ricardo the goalie is hot and hardly gives up any goals, he’s gonna be tough to beat

Can Zidane play back to back gems at 35 years of age, very unlikely

Portugal’s midfield is well rested with 2 of their starters coming back from suspension, Deco especially should be sitting on a big performance

So you got some favourable angles there, but i can’t see any of that being enough to overthrow Frenchy, Portugal will need some serious luck to win this game, i’m assuming they will try to keep it at 0-0 and take it to PK’s right from the start…if nobody scores early, this could be a defensive yawner, but if it opens up it could be a shootout, neither team likes to open it up unless necessary, so i’m figuring a stingy defensive game, hope it isn’t though, been seeing too many of those lately

As for my “theories”…yeah, they do make sense in a strange way

And when it comes to Italy in soccer, i know them better than they know themselves…actually watched one of their warm up games just before the World Cup…guess what, picked that game right too, bet a 1-1 tie…i don’t know, sometimes you just get a fix on some teams

Anonymous
    Inactive

France vs Italy, there it is, just as predicted…no Brazil(thank god), and no Germany, England, Argentina

It’s time to lay into those who pissed me off, and that would be…

Spain, Brazil, Portugal

Who are you guys…take your dumb fruity ass donkeyball game and get the f#%k outta town, and don’t come back

Never have a seen such a pathetic display of manhood

These guys spent more time on the ground than the ball…the second you went near them they hit the deck and bitched to the referee…that might fly in the soft Spanish League, but not here in the real world…i thought their constant attempts to deceive the ref and cheat the other teams were despiccable

I have no respect for them or their game

As this tourney went on, the officials were quick to take notice of what they were trying to do and gave them nothing, unlike the earlier stages of this tourney

The difference between them and the smart teams, Italy and France, is that Italy and France pick their dives very carefully, unlike those 3 idiots who dive every chance they get

I love it, Frenchy wiped all 3 of them out one after another, and, by using their own moves on them, the Henry(famous French dive)got the job done for them in a big way

It’s justice i guess

Anyways, i know who’s gonna win…i think i always did…but i think i’m just gonna retire now, enough is enough

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ll finish this off by taking the 2 dogs, what the hell

Portugal over Germany and France over Italy

When you get this far, all the teams are good, might as well take the odds, besides that, France was my pick to win this over a year ago in 2005, can’t ditch em now…like the storyline, Zidane coming out of retirement to win the World Cup and being named player of the tournament

These last 2 games are coin flips, so i’m taking the value prices

Besides that, France is riding a 3 game win streak vs Italy, and Germany always has problems vs teams that play like Portugal

I’ll be sad for whoever loses the final, 2 of my favourite teams going head to head, but the experience of guys like Zidane and Viera and the rest of the guys who won the World Cup and Euro Cup gives France an advantage in experience

Anonymous
    Inactive

OMG, i can’t leave my house, the streets are flooded with Italians, and people pretending to be Italian, what a freakshow

Tough break for Frenchy, the better team lost today, i figured the game would be something like this, but Zidane shocked me with that move, very sad

The ultimate logic prevailed, the last time they played the WC in Italy, Germany won, makes sense that Italy would win this one in Germany

Congratulations to Italy of course, they played this tourney very smart, not at all surprised they won it…unfortunately for me i was pot committed on France, betting them to win this thing at 25-1 over a year ago, but i’m happy anyway, i made enough money…way to go Giusseppe, you lucky f#%ker

Anonymous
    Inactive

All my congratulations to the Italians in this forum.
    Yes sir , Italy in the soccer is like the sun…………allways there!
    BRAVO AZZURRI!!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    nick777 wrote:
    i’ve been training Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu for years
    Hey, me too! We must roll sometime, watch out for my wicked armbar from the guard :laugh:

Anyways, the whole World Cup was very disapointing. It was the 1990 World “zzz” Cup all over again with low scoring games and endless penalty shoot outs. As an added “bonus”, when goals were scored, it was always done by the favorite during the first 5 minutes, which was both odd and boring, as it made the matches real snooze fests for the remaining 85 minutes.

2006 goes down to history as the year when avoiding defeat became much more important than winning, or at least thats the way the teams played. I hope this is some kind of a low point for international football and that we’re headed for better things, much like attacking game gained ground after the 1990 disaster.

2006 final result: Boredom 3, Football 0

Viewing 11 posts - 61 through 71 (of 71 total)