Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

World Cup Special

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

This World Cup needs something to happen, it needs a story, it needs Ghana to knock out Brazil

It has no great memories, nothing, no famous Maradona controversial goal, no unknowns stepping up to take the limelight, no Senegal’s, Croatia with their big run in 98, Cameroon and 37 year old Milla scoring and surprising, Toto Schillaci, Pele

It’s kind of boring and predictable, like a dull rerun of the last World Cup

The only storyline developing is the amount of players getting red carded by hard nosed FIFA goons…as it’s going, this World Cup will be remembered for the poor officiating and nothing else…how sad

I think the only thing that really matters in this tournament is to make sure that Germany wins it

Something better happen soon

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well, Ghana ain´t going to kick out Brazil.
    And hey, Ukraine kicked out Schweiz. That´s something to remember.
    I don´t think this World Cup will bring on something unexpected. Germany or Brazil will win.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Not sure if I am totally buying in to the conspiracy theory of making sure Germany wins it all – I do however think Fifa wants the big dogs going as far as they can.

Regarding this being a boring world cup with no story lines – I think the officiating is certainly a story, albeit negative. As far as teams go, Ghana is a nice underdog story and what about the German squad – when’s the last time you saw such a transformation of styles. This is an enjoying, attacking squad playing a different brand of football than German teams of previous. And for Brazil, them being so heavily favoured given they look like an overweight team of prima dona’s is a story in itself…lol

Swiss – Ukraine – One for the history books – team doesnt concede a goal in the tournament and is out… interesting stuff. The game itself was boring, it showed some decent defensive work but shows why neither team would go far – they don’t have the punch it takes to score on top teams.

I’m still thinking Germany – Brazil in the final and the winner of Germany-Argentia has my vote for going all the way.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Man…

Pick something different, be creative…everyone and their momma is picking a Brazil/Germany final…how original…the 2 winningest teams of all time and the 2 favourites

Well i got news for y’all…it ain’t gonna happen

Teams like Italy and Portugal have way more heart than the doped up Brazilians and tightly wound Germans…wait til push comes to shove, then we’ll see who’s made of what

Germany is the team to beat…nobody else…and if Italy can’t do it, nobody will

Just wonder how many Italians will be suspended for that game

As for Brazil

They need to get by Ghana first…you all think that’s gonna be a walk in the park, i think it’s gonna be more like an escape from the jungle

If they get through that, 2 scenarios develop

France or Spain, then England or Portugal

Brazil will lose to France and Portugal if they play…but they will beat Spain and England

So Brazil will need luck to avoid teams that will beat them…just like last time…it’s no secret that the English get dominated by South American teams(the good ones)…and Spain of course is a notorious go off…Portugal though seems to have Brazil’s number, Brazil is after all a Portuegese colony, and Portugal’s coach put together the Brazil team…and France, well they knocked Brazil out of the World Cup the last 2 times they faced them, 98 and 86

And there you have it…no more funny stuff, let them earn their place like everyone else, what are Brazilians, God…what have they ever done for the world…knock off the favourable treatment

You all see what i’m talking about, i know you do…Italy and Portugal are being targeted by FIFA…THEY KNOW…they know those guys spell trouble for their heroes Germany and Brazil, and they want them gone, and keep suspending their players and making life difficult for them

No suspensions for Germany and Brazil(oh because they are so damn clean and fair, yeah right)…how many suspensions for Italy and Portugal so far, i lost count, 5-6-7-8 ?

Give me a break

Italy has played with one less player than the other teams for nearly half the tourney so far…and Portugal had to beat the #1 ranked team in Europe with one less player

C’mon…is there any decency left in this world

Why don’t you just shoot them in the leg before the game…unf#%nreal

Anonymous
    Inactive

Pick something different, be creative…everyone and their momma is picking a Brazil/Germany final…how original…the 2 winningest teams of all time and the 2 favourites

Hey, I would love to pick something different if there was choices I felt better about. I need to see some of the other teams square off a bit more before I immediately right Brazil off, even though I would like to see them gone.

My opinion on Germany will likely stick as I like what I’ve seen so far.

BTW – You are not correct about them being the 2 favorites, at least according to the odds makers. Until very recently the majority of books had Germany at 5th best odds and Brazil number 1. I beleive its still Brazil with top odds and Germany / Argentina second best last time I checked.

I agree Germany is the team to beat.. period.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    nick777 wrote:
    This World Cup needs something to happen, it needs a story, it needs Ghana to knock out Brazil

It has no great memories, nothing, no famous Maradona controversial goal, no unknowns stepping up to take the limelight, no Senegal’s, Croatia with their big run in 98, Cameroon and 37 year old Milla scoring and surprising, Toto Schillaci, Pele

It’s kind of boring and predictable, like a dull rerun of the last World Cup

Here’s a story for you

Grown Man, Cheats Australia, Sucks thumb like child

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/w/match/53/photos.html?i=7&d=1

:rollover:

i won’t be bitter for long – it was a good run while it lasted

Anonymous
    Inactive

Actually they are the 2 favourites

Brazil has been the chalk from the start, then Argentina’s odds dropped big after their 6-0 win, now Germany is co-2nd choice along with Argentina, but early money suggests that Germany will be favoured over Argentina…so that makes Brazil the favourite and Germany 2nd choice just slightly ahead of Argentina

Brazil is a gambler’s worst nightmare, they are always the chalk, hovering around 3-1, and even worse, they win at that rate, 1 in every 3 world cups…just can’t make a buck betting on them

If you look at Brazil’s head to head record against the remaining teams, Italy, Portugal, Argentina, France…it is not at all impressive…but they do well against the historical boot and chase teams like England and Germany…but any team that has a nice game, Portugal, Argentina play a nice game, pleasing to the eye, unlike the ugly English game, and the hackers like the Dutch…those guys(England, Holland, and the like)can never beat Brazil, but the more skilled teams who don’t rely on physical strength only, do really well against Brazil…Brazil won the last world cup without ever playing a really skilled team…just look who they played…China, Costa Rica, Turkey, Belgium, England, Germany(-Ballack)…there is barely one ounce of skill between those teams…they just couldn’t have had better hand picked opponents for their World Cup run…and here we go again this time around…except now they play Ghana, and Ghana plays nicer ball than anybody Brazil have faced yet, they only lack experience

Just for the record…if i’ve offended anybody’s nation, i don’t care, just shut up and win the damn World Cup if you got a problem

I know some English will take offence, but they are the ultimate also ran…they always fall short(except for the one time at *home*), because they rely on physical strength which eventually wears down, while the Brazil’s of the world let the ball do the running and conserve their energy…Germany on the other hand is similar to England in the physical approach, except that they are more efficient and play better as a team, which is why they can sometimes last the duration

Anyways…

Things are going really good for Germany so far, we’ll see what happens next…i don’t think it was too wise of me to write off Argentina just yet, they are hardly a chump team, nice matchup of contrasting styles should make for a good game

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Paul@BetUSA wrote:
    Here’s a story for you

Grown Man, Cheats Australia, Sucks thumb like child

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/w/match/53/photos.html?i=7&d=1

:rollover:

i won’t be bitter for long – it was a good run while it lasted

It’s funny, you know

This is your first experience with the Italians…but they do this stuff all the time

My dad told me a story about a game between Italy and my country(then Yugoslavia)back in the 60’s in the Euro Cup

The game was in Italy and we were winning 1-0 and putting the hammer down on Giusseppe, when suddenly, they shut off the lights(there was a lot of fog apparently), and cancelled the game

They made us play a few days later, changed their tactics(unleashed the now famous Italian counter strike strategy)and beat us…it was the finals and Italy were crowned Champions of Europe

There was another story which involved Italy using a 2 headed coin to win a coin flip for entry into the World Cup(back then when the games were tied, the winner was decided via the coin flip)

It’s just in their blood, they have to cheat…which reminds me, never date an Italian girl

It’s funny though, they put one over on you real good

I gotta tell you, that dive was a thing of beauty, you have to admire it

Anonymous
    Inactive

Here’s a funny link about Italian training methods…

http://dump.geenstijl.nl/mediabase/1887/debc9f69/index.html

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Kevin11 wrote:
    Here’s a funny link about Italian training methods…

http://dump.geenstijl.nl/mediabase/1887/debc9f69/index.html

Now that is funny

Damn

Anonymous
    Inactive

I just hope everyone is watching what is happening in the Brazil/Ghana game

As of now, halftime, i am ordering a hit on the entire officiating crew…no place in this world for their kind

Brazil is the dirtiest team in the world, they know the linesmen are their boys and are just exploiting it for all it’s worth

This is the real game

FIFA is the ultimate douchebag…they preach fair play and anti racist sentiment, but want(and do)just the opposite

If i were Ghana i would put a spear through the ref’s head and walk off the field

I am just sickened by the worst display of racism i have seen in a long time, FIFA just keep stooping lower and lower

This is just terrible

Anonymous
    Inactive

Oh man, that game made me sooooo angry

Got my list of people to whack out, when i become mob ruler

It’s quite a list

anyways…

Brazil is a fraud, without FIFA carrying them every game they would beat nobody, just a bunch of dirty little crackheads(and they are crackheads, don’t anybody dare argue that)

Wow, just wow, every time the other team gets an attack going they just take out the player(clutch and grab, and clutch and grab)over and over and over again, and never even get carded for it, it’s just unbelievable…i counted 3 bookable offenses commited by pretty boy Ronaldinho, and, not only did he not get carded, he didn’t even get a foul called against him…what is everybody, blind or stupid, the guy comes in with the kleats up almost every time

And those defensemen, Juan, Lucio, Cafu, Carlos…you will never see a dirtier back 4 in your life…those guys are good for 100+ fouls per game, but lucky for them FIFA only sees 10% of their shifty work

How is it possible that none of those guys have been suspended…hacking, clutching, grabbing, tackling from behind, coming in with the kleats up, two footed tackles, handling the ball, elbowing…every single game…and not one suspension

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes…Viva La France

:happydanc

Bring on those cracked up Brazilians

Anonymous
    Inactive

What is FIFA’s drug testing policy anyway

Maradona, played high on cocaine all through his career, how do you not notice that…he was the most noticeable player in the world…:sarcasm:

I seen Carlos from Brazil come out with powder on his nose in a Real Madrid game…and Ronaldo, well his brother is the biggest drug dealer in Brazil apparently, currently serving a 20 year sentence

I just love FIFA’s Fair Play policy

I am looking forward to Frenchy putting this doped up donkey to rest…Brazil goes down NOW

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well i’m feeling a little better, and a little richer, thanks to Frenchy

So i’ll do the France vs Brazil game first and try to convince y’all why Brazil will lose to France

These 2 teams are virtually mirror images of eachother

G-Barthez(France)(World Cup winner, Euro Cup winner, 84 caps, D.O.B.1971)
    G-Dida(Brazil)(World Cup winner, 90 caps, DOB 1973)

D-Thuram(France)(World Cup winner, Euro Cup winner, 118 caps, 2 Goals, D.O.B.1972)
    D-Cafu(Brazil)(World Cup winner, 141 caps, 5 Goals, DOB 1970)

D-Gallas(France)(44 caps, 1 Goal, D.O.B.1977)
    D-Carlos(Brazil)(World Cup winner, 124 caps, 11 Goals, DOB 1973)

D-Sagnol(France)(42 caps, 0 Goals, D.O.B.1977)
    D-Lucio(Brazil)(World Cup winner, 54 caps, 2 Goals, DOB 1978)

D-Abidal(France)(11 caps, 0 Goals, D.O.B.1979)
    D-Juan(Brazil)(42 caps, 2 Goals, DOB 1979)

M-Zidane(France)(World Cup winner, Euro Cup winner, World Player Of The Year, 105 caps, 29 Goals, D.O.B.1972)
    M-Ronaldinho(Brazil)(World Cup winner, World Player Of The Year, 67 caps, 27 Goals, D.O.B.1980)

M-Viera(France)(World Cup winner, Euro Cup winner, 91 caps, 6 Goals, D.O.B.1976)
    M-Roberto(Brazil)(83 caps, 6 Goals, DOB 1974)

M-Ribery(France)(7 caps, 1 Goals, D.O.B.1983)
    M-Kaka(Brazil)(World Cup winner, 42 caps, 14 Goals, DOB 1982)

M-Makelele(France)(Euro Cup winner, 47 caps, 0 Goals, D.O.B.1973)
    M-Emerson(Brazil)(73 caps, 6 Goals, DOB 1976)

F-Henry(France)(World Cup winner, Euro Cup winner, 82 caps, 35 Goals, D.O.B.1977)
    F-Ronaldo(Brazil)(World Cup winner, Golden Boot Winner, 96 caps, 62 Goals, DOB 1976)

F-Trezeguet(France)(World Cup winner, Euro Cup winner, 65 caps, 32 Goals, D.O.B.1977)
    F-Adriano(Brazil)(35 caps, 25 Goals, DOB 1982)

Bench

F-Wilthord(France)(Euro Cup winner, 84 caps, 26 Goals, D.O.B.1974)
    F-Juninho(Brazil)(World Cup winner, 39 caps, 6 Goals, DOB 1973)

F-Govou(France)(21 caps, 3 Goals, D.O.B.1979)
    F-Robinho(Brazil)(26 caps, 5 Goals, DOB 1984)

F-Saha(France)(10 caps, 2 Goals, D.O.B.1978)
    F-Fred(Brazil)(4 caps, 3 Goals, DOB 1983)

M-Malouda(France)(16 caps, 2 Goals, D.O.B.1980)
    M-Silva(Brazil)(39 caps, 3 Goals, DOB 1976)

These 2 teams match up so closely, it’s hard to seperate them and impossible to say one player is better than another

The only thing i noticed was that France looked a bit fitter and faster, Brazil has been doing a lot of holding in this tourney, having trouble keeping up with some of the faster guys

The last time they played, it was the finals of the 98 World Cup, and France won 3-0, France has 6 players on their team who played in that game, Brazil also has 6 players who played in that game

Argentina/Germany is being billed as the big game, but really it should be this game…14 World Cup winning players and 2 World Players Of The Year on the field for this one

France knocked Brazil out of the 98 World Cup, 86 World Cup, and even the 01 Confederations Cup, while Brazil has beaten France just once in 4 meaningful matches, the 58 World Cup…France is riding a 3 game win streak vs Brazil

I have this serious problem…every 4 years i hate Brazilians, i don’t know what that is all about…I have an autographed Ronaldo Brazil #9 jersey which he gave me, i have an autographed picture of me with Pele from when i was a kid, i’ve been training Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu for years, some of my best friends and soccer teamates are Brazilian…but when the World Cup comes around i hate them more than any other country in the world and always bet against them…the last World Cup i bet Germany to win, and watched the game with these Brazilians who just kept buying me liquor to help ease my pain…damn…and here we go again

Luckily these feelings only last for the World Cup…i might need to see a doctor about this

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 71 total)