Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

Why come ??

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Why should I come to this event?

What does the $550 registration fee cover?

I thought these events were sponsored …

Convinve me that I should come!

Anonymous
    Inactive

For one thing, you’ll finally get to me in person!

Anonymous

I wasn’t aware that Arkyt got to you, Randy. :)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Uh… I left out the word “meet”. OOPS.

Anonymous

sure you did Randy.

:)

I agree with Ark. isn’t it enough that our commissions tend to take a big dive during these all -too- often (IMHO) conventions.

$550! I had considered going. I never even thought for a moment there would be a price to attend.

Who exactly is getting all the dough for this? does that price include a hotel as well?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am going to go out on a limb and say no – that price does NOT include room and board!

It merely provides you access to the convention … maybe those that attend are removed from the “shave them this month” list?

Waiting for confirmation …

Anonymous

LOL if that’s the case, I will go. I lose a lot more than $550 on the months they have these things.

Anonymous
    Inactive

… maybe those that attend are removed from the “shave them this month” list?

Arkyt, I think the programs are very fair when the conventions

come up and shave everyone equally.

It would be a good CAP survey question.

:rolleyes:

Anonymous
    Inactive

They used to be mostly sponsored but as the price has gone up the sponsorships have gone down.

They are usually very well organized events and you can take home some new ideas, connections and a lot of invaluable contacts.

They are also fun. Amsterdam was a really smooth, well organized event with excellent food and good speakers.

Not all the speakers will appeal to you but there are usually two opposite ones available to pick from.

The matters presented used to be a lot more fundamental, but lately the quality of the presentations has increased too.

I find them worthwhile to attend. I have attended them for years now – both in Amsterdam and Vegas and am going again.

The real value you take home with you is the networking, which is so very helpful, and if I get just one new idea on how to increase profits I am a happy woman. One good idea goes a long way.

Not to forget all the parties and fun times. It’s pretty much one big party.

Anonymous
    Inactive

yah I agree if I thought it meant I would not get shaved Id be at every convention too … unfortunately I think the shavers have started early – this month is looking really rough!

As for partaking in one big party … that wont help me make more money.

Which affiliate programs are going, besides coins?

Anonymous

It’s pretty much one big party

that’s exactly right! and I resent paying for it twice a damn year.

If you wanted to get right down to it, though I’ve never been, I cannot think of one positive reason for going that would justify spending the money. (though I would like to meet some of the people from here in person)

If you can’t network using the same means we all use the other 359 days of the year, then you likely aren’t going to make any kind of better impression in person.

in fact, its quite likely just the opposite. There have been many times when I after spending extended time around someone, that I came to like them less, but seldom is it that I come to like someone better after extended period of exposure, if I didn’t like them to begin with.

btw, g1 Aleph.

ps

Not all the speakers will appeal to you but there are usually two opposite ones available to pick from.

@ $550; just how many speakers are going to be available?

for my money, I wouldn’t pay more than $25, maybe $50 at the very most; to hear anybody in this business talk. That means I’d need at least 10 people I would get on a plane and fly half way across the nation to hear.

I challenge you to name even 7.

the smartest minds and most successful people in this niche are IMHO right here!

Anonymous
    Inactive

There have been many times when I after spending extended time around someone, that I came to like them less

Precisely. I have found that useful too. Much easier to build an opinion in person.

The cost of these to programs as far as the parties go are way exaggerated. Most will take 5 or so affiliates to drink at a bar for a couple hours. It doesn’t amount to as much as it’s made out to be. There is not much of the glitz left that used to surround these things. The days of expensive presents are long gone – those who receive them generally receive them during the year as bonus for most player generated etc.

The days of debauchery are over. These days the presents you bring home are likely a baseball cap and a pen. And how much beer do you actually drink in a couple of hours?

The partying is the people, not any fancy huge parties. The only place that usually puts on one big party is Partner Logic, and the open bar there is usually limited.

There are industry parties that operators throw for each other and that are independent from the programs. Sometimes I find tickets for those around.

It’s not what it used to be, BB1. People are generally not sponsored, a precious few are and those would receive some other comps anyway.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Dominique perhaps you can post a CAP survey question of the

week … example:

Do you believe you get shaved when conventions come

around ?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I bet the answer would be 99% yes – especially among those who have not attended in a while.

Anyone can start polls. I’ll do it though. :D

Anonymous
    Inactive

I thought I’d be able to post a question too lazy right now to look

… hey if its 99% feel shaved this is a cause to fight for !

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 55 total)