Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

Professor Signing Off for Vacation

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 46 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Professor,

I was shocked to hear of your decision and you will be greatly missed on this forum.

Your health, both mental and physical must absolutely come first. I will miss your presence on here but 100% respect and understand your decision. It would be selfish of us all to not let you do what’s best for you.

Don’t let the issues and fighting get you down and please know that CAP is your baby and always will be regardless of whether you are an active participant or not.

Get healthy, be happy and God Bless big guy!

Kevin

Lotto-Radar

I just can say… I am in shock!

Professor, I don’t know you personally but I have to say that for this community and many affiliate managers and webmasters you have been an inspiration.

I understand that mental and physical health are first because I made some decision in my life based on that. But I hope that in few months you will take also in consideration how valuable you are, not only for the CAP community but for the gaming industry in general.

I believe that many leaders of all background face supporters and predators and I it is something that comes with LEADERSHIP!

I hope you reconsider your decision and one way or other, you’ll still be present in our lives and hopefully, back 100% to CAP.

We will miss you! :huh2:

WineGuy

He’ll be back :p

Anonymous
    Inactive

Dear Professor, I was never much of a poster, other than to thank the aff managers I liked when my checks came, or to defend a few programs that were ragged on by some, and of course the month back in OCT. when about 10 of us would’nt let up in the political arena.

However, I didn’t know there was a problem going on (unless it was the political part).

I’m reading things about legal problems, reading the word banned a lot, hearing you have some serious health problems and I have to say I’m shocked by it all.

I wont intrude on you or anyone about what is going on, because I know as one who thinks I am not really part of the group, I know some things might not want to be let out to some and I agree with that . I am not going to BS and tell you how much we got along and how much we liked each other, but I will tell you 3 things if you don’t mind.

1. While it’s true I was not your biggest fan, I have to say I had so much respect for the knowledge and what what clear to N E 1 who came here, respect for the hard work you put in. I really respect you for those two things.

2. I know most will miss you, some as a friend, others, like myself for all of your knowledge about this industry.

3. I will seriously keep you in my daily prayers for you health condition for the next 30 days. I dont know what the issues are, but my Higher Power does.

For all you have done to keep us informed and educated about online gaming, I would like to say thank you.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@daweller 195649 wrote:

He’ll be back :p

I sure hope so.

Years and years of devotion to serving this community and the whole of affiliates really, can’t be wiped away by a few months with issues.

All the solved payment issues, all the corrections of T&C’s that were hurtful to affiliates, all these things have benefitted every affiliate online, not just CAP members.

8 years are a very long time, few people would have had the perseverance to stick with a goal for so long. And, this particular goal is ever elusive, we solve one problem, another one crops up.

Without these efforts, we would have broken contracts as a common occurrance. We could never count on being paid for our work. We would not have easy access to the programs, and we wouldn’t have effective mediation and intervention. To put it bluntly, we would be screwed.

So I definitely hope Lou will come back after he rests up a bit. :hattip:

Anonymous
    Inactive

Lou
    When I was first aware of this I thought it would just blow over and really didn’t follow it. I thought just another forum war no big deal.
    Sorry Lou If I had realized it was this serious I would have followed it.
    Ditto Ben’s Post x 10
    Take a break but stay on board.
    Brad

Anonymous
    Inactive

Lou,

You know that we all respect you and appreciate the work you have put in for the industry. CAP has grown to be one of the most powerful and the largest gaming affiliate forums in the industry over last few years. During this time you have stood up for the affiliate community and were a star in resolving issues. It is not always easy to maintain the balance between the affiliate’s and the operator’s expectations on a forum and you get an A+ in doing so. But growth is always accompanied by its share of pains. Every day we make choices in life and a few turn out to be bad and leave a sour taste. But no one is perfect and we all learn from experiences to adapt and be smarter the next time. This is not a perfect world and we need to understand our strengths and synergies as a community. We need to cooperate & coordinate to leverage the synergies and stand together for the right cause.

I assume it will not be unfair to request to consider reversing the recent bans and welcome the members back to the forum. We live in a free world and right to freedom of speech is what online forums thrive on and curbing this hurts the community. However it is also expected that the members would act maturely and refrain from personal attack/ humiliation.

It is important to note that the industry is big enough to accommodate multiple successful communities. Healthy competition and friendly coordination between these would benefit the entire affiliate community.

United we stand, divided we fall!

I wish you good health and hope you get a well deserving break from work. I believe there is always a win-win situation and I am sure you guys will be successful in reaching an agreement.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Good fishing Professor!
    :cappy:

Anonymous
    Inactive

Prof you would be a tremendous loss to our industry, your influence is priceless.

Plus you can’t check out yet as I still owe you £40 from when I lost my wallet in London and you took care of me!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think it’s time for me to step in here and make a post as well. I have spent quite a bit of time with Lou, possibly more than anyone else here on the forums. Here are a few things we know about him… One is he is passionate. The guys does care a lot about the people here and knows most every member by name and portal. Another is that he has treated this forum like his baby and that’s the #1 reason why there are 8k members here now.

Here’s a little known fact. In 2004 in Vegas at the CAC conference I met with Lou for the first time. I was asking everyone for their input on Bingo and he told me a few helpful things. I said my thanks and walked off to the next booth. Later on that evening the owner of a bingo network came to me and said he had spoke with the Professor and found I had an interest in the game. 3 weeks later I was running my own bingo program and learned MUCH of what I know now from that trial by fire process. I actually credit 2 people for introducing me into this business, one of them is Lou. (the other Jeremy Enke)

No secret that we have worked together in the past and I was actually a client of Lou’s for 2.5 years previous to me coming onto PAP. Lou was a fair boss and actually a hell of a nice guy. Like I said before he is really passionate about what he does. Another thing I respected about him was the fact that he was legit. He actually knew what it was like to run a gaming portal.

Now I am once again working on the affiliate side of the business with Tower Gaming. I’m excited to back in the mix and doing business with my friends here. If Lou is signing off and focusing on things outside of CAP then I wish him the best. The guy taught me a shit load about this business and for that I am thankful.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Totally agree with Greg,

congrats on your new assignment mate! All the best

vladcizsol

Greg you know I always loved you ya big lug. I hope to see you at conference again soon. :hattip:

Viewing 12 posts - 46 through 57 (of 57 total)