Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

Professor Signing Off for Vacation

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

To me the whole point of building a business is so that down the road a person can minimize the amount of work they do. I hope that at least Louis has more time for himself and for his family. Maintaining this board would take up a lot of time.

Nonetheless I will miss his posts! If you ever decide to come back we will be happy to have you here.

Nonetheless come to the conventions even if just for the socializing parts.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I hope i speak for everyone when i say…nighty night Dom…get some derserved sleep and see ya in the am.

trips

Anonymous
    Inactive

Whatever mistakes and/or sins that Warren and Lou may have committed, i certainly don’t think of either of them as bad people. The entire legal purpose of a corporation is to provide a separate legal entity from the investors, so the argument that they are separate businesses is legally correct. So, all these attacks on lou and warren are all about whether they have an obligation to be transparent about their businesses when their operations “intersect” and how he’s dealt with these accusations.

I think you guys handled this “outing” poorly, but when people are publicly attacking you and your privacy concerns aren’t just a bunch of hot air, i can see how you might make some bad decisions out anger/panic/stress.

i certainly don’t hold feel hostility toward you guys and hope that i’ve handled myself in a way that didn’t add to your pain.

I look forward to this painful period to end and remember when the GPWA fell apart between CAC2002 and GIGSE 2003, it was Lou that help bring those in the community who were tired of the fighting over to CAP. It was Lou who turned a fishing trip with a few friends, into some of the best events this industry has had. Thanks for all your hard work and i hope people stop throwing their anger toward you and warren.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Gamtrak I am sure that Dom has a game plan in place about the banning as well, we will put our heads together and get things turned around and back on track in a positive way for all members of CAP after all it’s not about 2 people but about the entire community.

I am off to bed as well cheers to all :hattip:

Anonymous
    Inactive

I would never kick a guy when he is down. Not my style.
    I didn’t even know there was a health issue with Lou.

At the same time, business is business, and there are many unanswered questions that should be answered, and need to be answered.

All Affiliate Management relationships should be disclosed in the interest of honesty, Integrity, and transparency to your CAP Affiliate Members, and CAP Certified Advertising Sponsors.
    This is not a health issue, it’s an honesty issue that has brought all of this on.

The various Conflicts of Interest are not tough to see. They are clear as glass.
    Nobody wants to to hurt CAP, Lou or Warren. That isn’t the goal. Certainly not mine.
    Running an Affiliate Board is brutal sometimes. Believe me, I know all about it. :-(
    It SUCKS to go to bed late at night in the midst of a problem and then wake up in the morning to find you have been spit on and missed, but shit on and HIT! LOL

If you need a medical break, by ALL means LOU, take it!!!
    My goodness. Nothing is more important than that!!!!!

As one of many, all I ask is that you disclose your Effective Media relationships to us.
    I for one will probably promote most of them. Others may not because there are some hard feelings out there.
    In either event, your CAP and PAP Affiliate Members have a right to know this basic information so they can make their own choices accordingly.

I couldn’t care less about how you guys are set up on a Corporate level, ETC..
    We do have a right to know if we are Partnering with you on any level.
    Afterall, CAP, PAP, GPWA and GIA Members ARE all competitors, so we all need to be honest and up front with each other if we are going to CROSS over to become Partners, while being competitors at the same time.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well, I got another couple hours of sleep and am off to my appointment now.

Glad to see all hell hasn’t broken lose while I closed my eyes.

I should tell you that there were two conditions under which I am stepping in, the reversal of recent bans at CAP, and the strict seperation of CAP and the business of the parent company. So likely Warren will not be posting again any time soon.

Communications will be a bit spotty now since I am travelling, and that in a different time zone. In London I will look for Cake and see what needs to be done in that respect.

Be well and have a productive monday! :hattip:

Anonymous
    Inactive

omg……. the Mistress with the Whip and Streak are in charge….:eek:

Anonymous
    Inactive

Not getting into the politics of the current situation but looking at my own history in this game… my “initiation by fire” was taking a 20 minutes tongue lashing from Lou at my first ever CAP Spring Break – it opened my eyes to the passion he and people like him have for this industry and went a long way to igniting my love for it.

It would be a shame not to allow other n00b account managers the same experience :devil:

Anonymous

Hi all,

This seems to have been a sudden decision which points heavily as a health issue and reason for allowing safe passage to mend.

Any transparancy issues Should be able to be addressed by the rest of company however that works but I think it needs emphasis to some that if say we were all in a brick and mortar situation and Lou was to have suddenly sat down and said I quit .,, my health can’t take it any more ,.,,

I don’t think so many would be encouraging him to get back up and fight. Nor bothering him about transparency.

All due respect to all parties … please. Allow safe passage.

poluroud20

I can only say I am shocked – I wish we all would all get along but where business (i.e. money) in involved, relationships can sour.

I personally believe we should all move on from the recent goings on and work towards a brighter future for operators, affiliates, players and service providers alike.

In my personal opinion, this whole situation could have been handled better by everyone so some degree but this is the nature of this industry. If there was no passion involved, no of this would of come about.

We all care about this industry we are in so we might channel our efforts into making it a better place for all involved. Lou and Steven have been pillars of the industry in their different ways, I just hope that they both can continue to do so in their respective areas.

Sorry if I have offended anyone, I just want everyone to get along :)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Dear Professor,

I only wish you and your famely all the best no matter what you decide to do in the future.
    I know I have not stood up for you, I like to spend my time productive and stay neutral like Swiss. As another member mentioned – who needs going to a conference worried about who hates who? I certantly don’t.

I just wanted to say thank you for all the good things you have done for this industry and with CAP. Don’t let this stuff get to you, I am sure it’s nothing personal — you made it to the top and it’s cold up there. That’s just the way it is. When you are among the leaders in an industry your friends,competitor, neutral people and “enemies” will critisise you because they expect the very best from you and/or because they need to get you down to become the leader.

What you have turned CAP into is really really amazing – but nothing is perfect and we all make mistakes and bad calls from time to time. I certantly do and when I do I try to learn from it and then move on.

Unfortunatly we never have spoken in person even though I have attended many of your fine conferences. This sitting infront of my computer has not exactly developed my social skills I have been told :-)

I am babbeling here – I just wanted to wish you all the best in the future and tell you not to let problems get to you on a personal level. I really wish this industry was united and that we could all get along but that’s probably never going to happen.

All the best
    Jan

Anonymous
    Inactive

I should tell you that there were two conditions under which I am stepping in, the reversal of recent bans at CAP, and the strict seperation of CAP and the business of the parent company. So likely Warren will not be posting again any time soon.

Communications will be a bit spotty now since I am travelling, and that in a different time zone. In London I will look for Cake and see what needs to be done in that respect.

Ditto on that I am in the middle of getting ready to leave for London myself and will not be around much to get into things here. Dom is the leader of this pack so I just do what she tells me ..hahaha I am sure things will be back to normal in no time at all everyone and see some of you real soon! :hattip:

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m also sad to see this happen but your health is the most important thing.
    Now would anyone care to explain to me what the hell this is all about please because I’ve been away for the last few weeks and feel completely out of the loop like in a parallel dimension or something, I assume there are vast threads on this but maybe I can have just a brief summary.

hypnotik

Dear Professor,
    I respect your decision, but I don’t ought to agree.
    You are one of the top personality in the gaming affiliates biz, so criticism by your competitor must be expected.
    We need people with your knowledge in this Industry.
    Please don’t quit.
    Good Luck!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I must say I totally disagree with your decision and ask you to remain visible.

If you wish to not post about business dealings I can totally understand that, as it is YOUR business. I do wish however that you please continue to post your insights into this industry as I find you highly knowledgable. To lose such a valuble asset would be a great loss for the CAP community.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 57 total)