Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

Most Active Affiliate Manager

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 98 total)
  • Author
    pokerfriend

Hey good people. Interesting thread…:tongue:

I’m new to the team here at CK, and thought I might as well just jump straight in here and do a little intro dance:rockband:.

Your friendly neighborhood affiliate manager,
    Schalk :hattip:
    schalk.vandersandt{at}iasbet.com

Anonymous
    Inactive

Welcome to the ‘team’ mate.

You’l have trouble beating Carlo at the posting thing, but that’s coz he has way too much time on his hands ;)

Just kidding mate. Actually I haven’t seen Carlo post for a day or so… Where is the world is Carlo _________ (insert last name here).. Hey we could make a game based on you Carlo…

Oh dear.. I got smacked in the head with a football yesterday at lunch time and I think i’m suffering a mild concussion making me talk more shit than usual… sorry!

pokerfriend

Ouch! – hope you feel better soon.

Don’t think I’ll be engaging anyone in a posting battle just yet. Too much to do, and I still have to find my bearings in a new job and a new country . :bouncer:

It’s all good fun though.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Oooooh… new countries are fun!

Where are you based?

pokerfriend

The magical land of Aus :cheers:

As a South African, I thought it might be a bit hostile during the Rugby World Cup, but I must admit, I was pleasantly surprised by the hospitality of folks here.

It’s been a blast thus far, and I’m really looking forward to the rest of my time here.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Oh! Welcome to Aus!

I’m based in Sydney. Where are you?

It’s a fantastic country. Lived here my whole life. If you need any info let me know :)

pokerfriend

Why thank you Renee!

I’m in Melbourne. Wonderful city. Having a whale of a time figuring out the trams and trains etc. but I’m getting there.

I’m dreading the flight to Barcelona (22hrs!), but I’m sure it will be worth it!

Schalk

Anonymous
    Inactive

Melbourne has the BEST shopping.

The flights to Europe have to be the worst thing about living down under. I just came back from Greece and it took me 3 hours to fly to Frankfurt (because there were no flights straight from Athens to Bankok – thanks Gulf/Olympic airways for not flying out of Sydney anymore). I was stuck in Frankfurt for 11 hours. Then 12 hour flight from Frankfurt to Bankok. Stuck in Bankok airport for 6 hours then 9hr50min flight from Bankok to Sydney. Wasted a whole day just getting home. Not to mention the extended time in the plane.
    I’m sure it would be worth it to see all the faces in Barcelona though!
    Have fun in Melbourne!

Anonymous
    Inactive

‘As a South African, I thought it might be a bit hostile during the Rugby World Cup, but I must admit, I was pleasantly surprised by the hospitality of folks here.’

It was 3am in Brisbane and I am walking around downtown. I heard cheering and yelling, as a North American I assumed it was a fight. Out of natural curiosity I walked over to check it out… the locals are all glued to a window watching a game of cricket.

Easily the most amicable place ever.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Nabeel 138506 wrote:

Hi, This post of mine is very beneficial and informative, however there are some specific facts or information that I require. If anyone can help me in this matter then please send me a private message. Best Regards,

Hi Nabeel

What info do you require? The thread name is pretty self explanatory.

Antione – that’s called true aussie spirit and I doubt you will see that anywhere else in the world.

Amicable, yes. Very.
    Smoker-friendly, not as much.

Nearly fell on my back when I saw the price of cigarettes here compared to SA, so now I’ve decided to quit.

Got some patches this morning, but I’m starting to think the only way they would work is if I rolled them up and smoked them.

Wish me luck, it’s gonna be a looooooong 10 weeks…:rasta:

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yeah durries (as we sometimes call them) are pretty expensive here.. A few years ago the government put about 80% tax on them to try to get people to stop smoking (and obviously make money off the people who couldn’t/wouldn’t).

Just to give people an idea – a pack of cigarettes here costs around $10-14. Thats about 6 EURO or around 8 USD. I remember when they used to be $3 a pack.

The governemnt is trying hard to get people to stop smoking. In fact, the local councils are introducing laws now where you aren’t allowed to smoke outside any cafes or at bus stops etc. Soon the only place you will be able to smoke is in your own home – but don’t get caught outside or you will get fined.

Seriously though, it’s good that instead of only putting the tax so high on cigarettes they are trying to do something about it. Otherwise they would just look like they wanted the tax money.. sounds like another government I know.
    Ooops did I say that out loud?

Hmm. For some reason, on this profile, the last post of a thread is on the first page. It then works backwards with the first post on the bottom of the last page.

Odd. Anyone know why, or how to fix it?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Go out to the main forum index and scroll to the bottom – there is an option to sort by most recent post or the other way. just change it around and press the button and it will be back to normal.

Thanks Renee :wink-wink

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 98 total)