Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

Moniker to hold silent auction at CAC Amsterdam 2007!!!

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    biggyg

India is probably in top 10 for gambling yet many dont know it .We made $xxx,xxx in cricket this season just on paid memberships for streaming .70% of it came from india.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Bottom line is, anyone can ask anything for a domain, it’s up to them. But, speaking personally, the reserves on most of the Silent Auction domains are way over what I would pay without traffic.

I think people overprice undeveloped gambling domains consistently. Too much emphasis on “potential” rather than “actual”. It’s bloody hard (and often expensive) to get any site trafficed without having to pay a fortune to get started.

Anonymous
    Inactive

did anyone put to test moniker domain holding strength vs. godaddy? meaning when you get complaints.

what was the result?

Itay

Anonymous
    Inactive

Does anybody have any results from the Auction? Did anyone here buy or sell anything? I have gone to the Moniker site where they usually show the results of their auction but nothing yet. I am wondering if it was a very poor results if they will even show the results.

Brian

biggyg

sometimes only the people bidding can view the auction results ,at least other places I bid on domains work that way.

vladcizsol

I am curious what was sold also. This is a little too “silent” an auction….

Anonymous
    Inactive

I just spoke with my Moniker rep and he says the auction is still going until May 10th. When it is completed they will post it on their site like they do for past auctions.

Brian

Anonymous
    Inactive
    islandmaan wrote:
    I just spoke with my Moniker rep and he says the auction is still going until May 10th. When it is completed they will post it on their site like they do for past auctions.

Brian

:roflmao:

Is it just me or do you think that the auction was extended because they couldn’t get enough sales? I am pretty sure that their own site, and all promos for this live auction, said that the auction would end on May 5th…

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Spearmaster wrote:
    :roflmao:

Is it just me or do you think that the auction was extended because they couldn’t get enough sales? I am pretty sure that their own site, and all promos for this live auction, said that the auction would end on May 5th…

No it was always scheduled to end then I think. When i checked earlier today there were 5 bids on 4 of the sites but I doubt it’s prudent to publish the bids/sites.

Hi guys,

With the silent auction we have to wait until the end to post results, as all bidding has to be completed before we publish anything.

When we’ve had a live auction (which we did not for this show), the results have been posted as they happen, because the bidding for each name is completed on the spot. Note that there is always a silent auction when there is a live one, and the posting of the silent results always happens only when the bidding stops.

Also, we have generally had the silent auction run for a week or so, as we want to give people more time to get home and settled and then sign on.

Make sense?

Anyway, nice to see some of you this week over in Amsterdam. And I hope you are picking out some good names for yourselves.

Keep in touch,

Albert@Moniker

Intertops

I don’t think MonikerAl will mind me sharing this news, but with less than 2 days remaining, Scores.com now has a bid. It was actually one of the $1+ million names I was very high on in my assessment of them posted on doma.in. Still only 7 names bidded on thus far, but it’s nice to see some REAL high-stakes action finally! I think Scores.com to an end-user is definite money.

Indeed. Hoping we see action on the other ones…

Intertops

A total of 23 names have bids on them now…not too shabby. Hopefully in the final minutes there will be an explosion of activity as usual.

Anonymous
    Inactive

… why are we waiting …

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Name trader, I went to the link you posted regarding some of the bidding on the silent auction at http://doma.in/ but i did not see anything on the results or current bid, do you have a better link to find this?

Brian

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 60 total)