Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

"Low Cost" Traffic / Pop Up Scams

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 46 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Wager2winUK wrote:
    These days it can take up to 12 months to really notice the affect of using something that doesn’t do your SE ranking justice. Unfortunately it can take another 12 months to fix these mistakes.

Wager – please explain. Are you suggesting that because most of the links on places such as Traffic Swarm are MLM based, that it hurts your rankings with the search engines? I understand that obviously, it’s not targeted traffic, but if you are saying that advertising alongside MLM links can actually cause penalties, I would want to know.

Thanks!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    ewhitaker wrote:
    Wager – please explain. Are you suggesting that because most of the links on places such as Traffic Swarm are MLM based, that it hurts your rankings with the search engines? I understand that obviously, it’s not targeted traffic, but if you are saying that advertising alongside MLM links can actually cause penalties, I would want to know.

Thanks!

ewhitaker,

I’ve know of trafficswarm and places like this for years & know that they are haunts for MLM marketers. imo these days more than ever you really have to be careful who you align your sites with as they may affect your SE rankings.

MLM has a history of spam and also for using programs like trafficswarm for instance. As I said maybe Trafficswarm have cleaned up their act, but I’d be careful all the same.

I realise that gaining traffic means you can hopefully make some dollars, in which can then be re-invested back into your site/s. It’s a catch 22 when funds are limited.

I honestly believe though in the case of gaining a successful portal in this industry you have to put the horse before the cart. That is, aim to get a site out of google’s sand box for starters.

If you don’t have the funds to pay for SE listing and quick submissions add your site to as many free secondaries as you can. If your search really hard you can find some PPC that will give you a $10 – $25 free credit to start you out (this btw is void of a deposit).

I’d also seriously consider registering your domain/s for longer than 12 months too. I’ve heard that becuase spammers register domains for only 12 months the likely hood of google sandboxing your domain for an extended time because it’s only registered for 12 months is a possibility too.

At a min buy 2 years.

Apart from that try to get some good recip links going. I know it’s hard without a PR, but it is possible.

Cheers

Anonymous
    Inactive

I don’t know anything about them, but I did find this.

http://forums.seochat.com/search-engine-promotion-29/anyone-try-trafficswarm-com-before-15767.html

http://forums.seochat.com/search-engine-promotion-29/trafficswarm-4910.html

The posts are not current, so let me know if things have changed since then.

I created an account. .02 / click is way too expensive for a traffic exchange network. I wouldn’t pay more than 0.0005 for that kind of traffic (and only if you can afford the bandwidth.) You might get the odd sale, but there are far more economical ways to do it.

biggyg

Is one website submission program better than another?any recommendation for a good one to buy?

Viewing 4 posts - 46 through 49 (of 49 total)