Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

iPHONE

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    PatrickM

I just got a Blackberry Curve, nice phone… Why would I not wait for an iPhone? Well, the tiny 4GB is not worth having, especially when I can load Opera on my Blackberry and listen to music and video on a 4GB card for less money. I love the blackberry email. I hate the iPhone keypad, it just doesn’t work very well…

I played with a demo of it about 3 weeks ago, not good. It will (I’m sure) get better.

I’d wait until the bugs are fixed, in the meantime, I can say it DOES look TRES cool!

Anonymous
    Inactive

No memory card slot is a big ommission for me.
    And the resolution needs to be at least 640*480 for browsing full internet sites – constantly scrolling and zooming would soon get pretty tiresome.
    It looks cool though.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have never gotten excited over a phone in my life. My last phone was the cheapest model Nokia you can find and a year or more old.

BUT THEN I SEEN THE IPHONE

On June 29th I was in front of the AT&T store with a fold up chair, food, and a laptop. 6 Hours later, we walked out of the store with 2 brand new 8gb iphones!

They’re very easy to navigate and the manual is almost not necessary at all. But coming from the phone I had, this is definitely going to take some getting used to.

I’ve never had an ipod, so this phone is an all around major technological advancement in my life. LOL

I love it…

Right before we went into the store on the 29th, we asked the guy working there if they had at least 50 phones. He said WAYYY MORE. I called the same store yesterday to see if they had any left. He said they did, but only the 4 GB.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Professor, what’s your review of the iPhone now that you’ve had a little time to live with it?

vladcizsol

I positively love it!

Its really changed the way I communicate. The best things for me are:

1. It uses Microsoft Outlook. I have all my contacts, calender and email accounts synced. I can access my email anytime through out the day when I am traveling. In the past I had to wait until I went to my room and checked mail via my laptop.

2. I had an iPod but I couldnt be bothered carrying it around. So basically all my music stayed at home. Now when I am bored I can listen to all my favorite stuff. iPhone synced up with my existing iTunes and downloaded all my stuff automatically.

3. I love the browser and actually do use it quite a bit. I never ever went online with my Razr so this is a big jump for me.

4. I can actually send text messages. I know this sounds like a small thing, but I didnt have a Blackberry before so texting was so tedious I never did it. I find the iPhone easy to use and am a textaholic now.

Is iPhone perfect? No, but its so damned close Im satisfied.

The only thing I really miss on this phone is my Ringtones. Apple will be releasing a patch soon so that you can sample your own ringtones from your iTunes collection. Once thats ready I will say iPhone is perfect (for my needs anyway).

PatrickM

@Daera 129938 wrote:

I have never gotten excited over a phone in my life. My last phone was the cheapest model Nokia you can find and a year or more old.

On June 29th I was in front of the AT&T store with a fold up chair, food, and a laptop. 6 Hours later, we walked out of the store with 2 brand new 8gb iphones!

They’re very easy to navigate and the manual is almost not necessary at all. But coming from the phone I had, this is definitely going to take some getting used to.

I’ve never had an ipod, so this phone is an all around major technological advancement in my life. LOL

I love it…

Right before we went into the store on the 29th, we asked the guy working there if they had at least 50 phones. He said WAYYY MORE. I called the same store yesterday to see if they had any left. He said they did, but only the 4 GB.

I didn’t realise there was an 8GB iPhone!!! Wowsers, I might trade in this Blackberry Curve after all!!! As soon as this lil sucker comes to Canada I’m getting one…

How are you guys finding it so far?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I love it…

Yeh.. great.. :Cry::Cry::Cry:

You guys in the US are soooo lucky.. I mean, you complain about some small gambling law…

BUT YOU DO HAVE THE IPHONE AVAILIBLE!!! I however have to wait untill the end of this year before I can see or buy it…

:wink-wink:wink-wink:wink-wink

PatrickM

Are you in the Netherlands (Holland)? Can’t you get it anywhere in Europe on Orange or something?

@Chipeez 130989 wrote:

Yeh.. great.. :Cry::Cry::Cry:

You guys in the US are soooo lucky.. I mean, you complain about some small gambling law…

BUT YOU DO HAVE THE IPHONE AVAILIBLE!!! I however have to wait untill the end of this year before I can see or buy it…

:wink-wink:wink-wink:wink-wink

aleph

Speaking of the iPhone, does anybody know of any gambling clients that are compatible with it’s browser besides Slotland? I’m actually a little shocked that this device won’t support simple 3rd party add ins to the browser like flash and js. With all the hype and the pricetag on this puppy you would think the browser would be fully functional. Their ads even boast about “the real internet, not a watered-down, kinda looks like the internet”, but sheesh, how much of the internet is dependent on js and flash these days? I think there is a huge opportunity for us here to tap into a new market, but as far as I know the only client built entirely on XHTML is Slotland.

Anonymous
    Inactive

iPhone Flash support will be here soon enough.

PatrickM

Apple and Adobe <3 each other so Flash will be supported. I don’t blame them for not supporting JS. One, it’s never standard and Two, people write such sloppy code that leaks memory left, right and center. Nicht Gut for a little handheld device in this day and age.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Are you in the Netherlands (Holland)? Can’t you get it anywhere in Europe on Orange or something?

Lol, not that i’ve seen.. it’s expected to launch here end of the year, but UK and france will be sooner.. Might check them out.. :)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yeh.. great..

Now that you put it that way, you’re right! We do have the iphone. :drunk2:

Anonymous
    Inactive

4. I can actually send text messages. I know this sounds like a small thing, but I didnt have a Blackberry before so texting was so tedious I never did it. I find the iPhone easy to use and am a textaholic now.

I second that. I never did the text msg. thing in the past either for the same reason. Tedious. But the iphone has a very cool text message application don’t they Professor? I love the way it keeps the whole conversation there easy to read and follow.

I was just wondering about ringtones. Are their ringtones we can get now from anywhere for the iphone Prof? Do you know?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Will It Blend?

http://www.yourcut.ninemsn.com.au/playback.aspx?media_id=326933

YES IT WILL!

MUHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHA :devil:

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)