Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

Affiliates living in exotic places

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    jim1993

it wouldnt be bad making a trip around the world? check out a few playes and decide where you like it best?

star alliance is offering around the world ticket (one way, either west or east) for 2.000 euro (5 destinations), for 3.000 eurons you get 15 flights.

minimum 10 days, max 1 year.

you may fly only in one direction until you come back to the point where you started.

a friend of mine is making an artistic movie and soon is going to start his trip.

i wish i had the monies to do some 15 destinations in 15 weeks. well, gonna set it up as a goal ;)

MaxAction
    guljo;173954 wrote:
    I think you get easy bored on exotic island if you live there all the time, The best thing imo is to move a round and explore our nice planet.

Laptop in backpack and hit the road –> new age nomad ;)

I agree with you 100% when I was working in Curacao after the 3rd week I was going crazy of that small island… I will like to visit Brazil and Australia… I just need the ok from Simon to work outside the office :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

P.S Costa Rica is amazing I hope Renee decides to visit me soon :inlove:

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sorry, but I can’t resist telling the tale of my trip to what I thought would be paradise. :D

In 2006 we looked for some place outside of the US to live in the carribean and decided on dominican republic. We lived in a nice 2 br house with a huge pool right across the street from the wonderful Caberet beach where they kite surf and had a golf course in the back of us.

The ONLY problem with it was that the power was not consistant, (we had black-outs that lasted hours sometimes) the cable did not have ABC (so no soaps) and the internet worked when it wanted to so we had to run a 300 foot cable from a neighbors house so that I could get on when I needed to.

800 numbers are not allowed and everything american was triple the price. They don’t have mail delivery and you have to rent a mail box. Getting a banking account is a hassle unless you know someone.

The driving situation was terrifying and no one spoke english, all the signs were in spanish and going to the grocery store was an adventure. Seeing meat out in the open uncovered and brown looking just did not get it. LMAO

We could only buy chicken on Mondays and they moved the business after a month and because there are NO street signs, or traffic lights getting directions was useless so that meant eating out almost daily which was very expensive. I did love the fish they sold at the grocery store though.

The best part of the entire experience was that I lost about 15 pounds in three months. :D

Charon;174187 wrote:
    it wouldnt be bad making a trip around the world? check out a few playes and decide where you like it best?

star alliance is offering around the world ticket (one way, either west or east) for 2.000 euro (5 destinations), for 3.000 eurons you get 15 flights.

minimum 10 days, max 1 year.

you may fly only in one direction until you come back to the point where you started.

a friend of mine is making an artistic movie and soon is going to start his trip.

i wish i had the monies to do some 15 destinations in 15 weeks. well, gonna set it up as a goal ;)

omg this looks amazing have to this one time, 15 destinations really looks great.

Can you choose your starting destination?

Anonymous
    Inactive

‘The driving situation was terrifying and no one spoke english’ I stayed in Santa Domingo for a week and I was overwhelmed with the pollution, noise… and the driving. It’s simply crazy. Prices are dirt cheap in the Dominican Republic but I could never live there. I give you credit for lasting that long.

Over the past several years I have traveled quite a bit, but there really is nothing worse than coming home to a place that over taxes you and that you hate. (that’s Canada, I think its paradise from june-august but the rest of the year is hell) You spend 2 weeks on a beach where you can walk outside at any time of the day and then come home to -40 weather where opening the door is torture.

Affiliates have a pretty great lifestyle that enables them to work from anywhere. I now have my base in the Caribbean and I plan to live a couple of months all over the place at different times of the year. I am planning on spending a lot of time in Hawaii, New Zealand, Australia… and in the summer months probably washington state or british columbia.

Life is too short to spend it all in 1 location is the end result, regardless of how perfect and ideal that location is!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yeah, for those of us married with children exotic places are out of the question. I know I am more concerned with good schools and nice neighbourhood, while hot chicks in bikinis has been at the very bottom on my list for quite a while :)

But I have done my fair share of travel and “exotic places” are the last places I would like to spend more than a week. Costa Rica, Dom Rep, Brazil are all nice in the brochure, but unless you enjoy the high-adrenaline of back-alley stabbings, I would keep my distance. As previous posters stated – infrastructure is also non-existent in such places…

Damn, I’m getting old…To me a great place to live would be Geneva or Amsterdam. Vienna is also nice, but a bit too German. Northern Italy is beautiful and peaceful, too. If you are extremely laid-back, check out Greece. English is a survivable language in all of the above.

If you are an American – stick to the E.U., I guarantee it will be exotic enough for you, without changing your powertrain once a week :)

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Stupid 174253 wrote:

Damn, I’m getting old…To me a great place to live would be Geneva or Amsterdam.

If I ever left the US again, then Amsterdam would be my place of choice. :D I did my first conference there this year and really had a blast! :D hehe

Seeing the living conditions of the people in the DR was depressing for me. We had a maid and one day we gave her a ride home and she invited us in and I almost cried when I saw their house. They had no front door, a tin roof, concrete floors with rocks sticking out in some spots and it was very dark with about 6 beautiful young kids sitting around. It had rained and so there was mud everywhere!

When we left I gave away all of my furniture, two 24″ tv, a playstation and almost everything else that was not business related or personal. In a way it was a help to leave it there so that I did not have to pay another 10K to ship it back to the US. :Cry:

jim1993
    guljo;174206 wrote:
    omg this looks amazing have to this one time, 15 destinations really looks great.

Can you choose your starting destination?

sure, star alliance is flying all over the world.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have been living in Curacao now for nearly 11 years and could easily spend the rest of my life here. Island life is not for everybody but it sure is for islandmaan!

Brian

biggyg

I am definitely an island girl ,right now I have waterfront cottage . I get on my boat and that is my island for now ,last weekend i got a tan on the sundeck and my husband and kids were fishing.Give me the water and a fishing rod and ill give up the nite life /city living any day.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I currently live in johannesburg, South Africa which is far from exotic, but I recently bought a house in New Zealand and I am going there in September to get the internet access up and running and the study kitted out completely . ( the 2 computers have already been delivered ) the plan is to spend all school hoildays in New Zealand ( so we don’t disrupt my daughters education ) and the rest of the time will be spent in South Africa and the odd holiday wherever the next CAP conference is ..

winsern

I moved from Bali, Indonesia last year, and Im moving back when I make my first hundred mill! hahaha

Anonymous
    Inactive

Quadra Island, BC Canada
    World Class Salmon fishing, Prawning, Crab, Oysters and Clams right outside your front door. Did I mention kayaking???

http://www.bcoceanfront.com/quadra_boardwalk/feature%20sheet%20new.htm

and

http://www.bcoceanfront.com/qi_upshur_b/feature%20sheet.htm are up for grabs.

we hated to move but things happen.

YoungT.jr

Currently in Richmond Virginia, the former capitol of the Confederacy, looking to a move to the moonshine capitol of Franklin County VA. Maybe not exotic but a nice, peaceful world away from the traffic and bustle of Richmond. A nice ranch house on some acres is my kind of paradise.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@ssd 174691 wrote:

Quadra Island, BC Canada

Ya see – that looked truely exotic to me – absolutely beautiful place.
    :hattip:

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)