Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

If google doesn’t allow gambling sites why are the often in the sponsored listings?

You have affiliate marketing questions. CAP has answers!Category: Pay Per Click Advertising – (PPC)If google doesn’t allow gambling sites why are the often in the sponsored listings?
JohnV asked 1 year ago
Hi,

This is something that has really puzzled me. When I was new to the whole affiliate thing I signed up for Google adsense/sponsored listings thinking I would get my site up in the sponsored listing categories. However, unfortunately, I didn’t read the small print so didn’t realise that gambling sites weren’t allowed. I got an email from Google saying I couldn’t have the listings I wanted. When I explained to them that a good number of searches for gambling terms show sponsored results from gambling pages in the results and this is why i signed up for a publisher account, they refused to accept this and just fobbed me off with generic responses.

So, my question is, how is this happening. How come some advertisers seem to be able to get there adverts up and others not?

Regards,

John

12 Answers
Vrindavan answered 1 year ago
you mean adwords ?

i do not understand adsense as well,
they have the ads, but don’t accept matching content or sites

JohnV answered 1 year ago
Adwords, perhaps. I’m not sure of the exact terminology. It’s whatever Google calls it when you bid on certain keywords and then your adverts/link to your sites appear at the top of the Google listings.

Nauti Kitten answered 1 year ago
JohnV wrote:
Hi,

This is something that has really puzzled me. When I was new to the whole affiliate thing I signed up for Google adsense/sponsored listings thinking I would get my site up in the sponsored listing categories. However, unfortunately, I didn’t read the small print so didn’t realise that gambling sites weren’t allowed. I got an email from Google saying I couldn’t have the listings I wanted. When I explained to them that a good number of searches for gambling terms show sponsored results from gambling pages in the results and this is why i signed up for a publisher account, they refused to accept this and just fobbed me off with generic responses.

So, my question is, how is this happening. How come some advertisers seem to be able to get there adverts up and others not?

Regards,

John

I ran into the same problem and the way it was explained to me was that Google was no longer accepting gambling keywords. I believe that the sites that were already advertising with Google at the time they changed their policy were allowed to continue, but new sites were not accepted. Although I can swear that every now and then I see a site in the sponsored listings that I have never heard of before, perhaps it is owned by someone who previously had a advertised listing with them. Look at it this way, it makes you learn SEO and forces you to get into Google the hard which will end up being more benificial in the long run.

Dominique answered 1 year ago
People get in there by submitting a site about gambling that has no links out. Then, after a time, they sneek in and add links. Then they get caught and thrown out, or they put the links up and take them down and so on and so on hoping to escape detection for as long as possible.

Some people have it down to an art.

Personally, I don’t really think it’s worth the effort, but then I have never tried to succeed in this. My experience with them when it was still possible to place these ads wasn’t all that encouraging.

Professor answered 1 year ago
Read the current edition of CAP Magazine. I have an article in there about this subject. :hattip:

JohnV answered 1 year ago
Professor wrote:
Read the current edition of CAP Magazine. I have an article in there about this subject. :hattip:

Is that an online thing?

Professor answered 1 year ago
It’s a printed Magazine thing JohnV. Its free for CAP members. You can subscribe here:

http://www.pponline.co.uk/casino-affiliate-programs/cap.php

slotplayer answered 1 year ago
JohnV wrote:
Adwords, perhaps. I’m not sure of the exact terminology. It’s whatever Google calls it when you bid on certain keywords and then your adverts/link to your sites appear at the top of the Google listings.

It is a bit confusing at first but you have it correct.

Adwords is the Google program for advertisers where you create your ads and bid on certain keywords. The Ads appear on their search network which includes Google, Ask, AOL, Earthlink and some others.

You can optionally bid to have ads appear on their content network of websites which include sites like NY Times, Howstuffworks, About, a whole bunch of sites.

Adsense is for site owners and free to join, you display the (Adwords) ads on your site via code Google provides and earn a certain amount when someone clicks on the ad. The amount varies depending on the keyword.

With my (non-gambling) e-store they’ll be a bunch of sales from NY, then another time a bunch from Hawaii, etc.

Last year, when I was trying to advertise the slots ebook, Google told me no gambling sites as well. When I said that I see Adsense ads for gambling sites, they replied that those sites are not in the US.

FictionNet answered 1 year ago
Google know they’re allowing ads for selected people – they have no intention of removing ads for these friends. If you ain’t on the list, you ain’t getting in.

JohnV answered 1 year ago
I seen some sites are not using spaces in attempt to avoid the prohibited words, e.g. B E T rather than Bet.

Is there someway to report these sort of sites to Google or do they not pay any attention. Previosuly, I’ve got the impression that Google think they are infalable and wouldn’t make mistakes. Some of these sites I am competing with on various sites of mine so is there a way to get them penalised, lol..:devil: