Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

UK Terror Attacks

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

There have been several failed (didn’t kill or injure intended targets) attacks in the UK the last 2 days. Note these weren’t thwarted, 1 of yesterday’s bombs failed to go off and today’s attacked only injured the attackers.

Had these attacks been successful, we would all be posting our condolences today. Instead, thankfully, the attempts failed and we all go on.

I’m not sure what my point is, except the world often sucks, but sometimes even the worst plans fail and the good guys win. I’m not sure how people who seek to be pacificists (which i’ve never claimed to be) deal with this sort of behavior. As a civil libertarian and someone who frequently crosses the border into the US, i worry about a police state as much and sometimes more than the self proclaimed “religious” terrorists. I want to build a big wall around my world and hide away…..but business isn’t as good as it once was and the size of a wall i need keeps on growing. :(

Here is something in canada that really pissed me off. :bullshit: xxhttp://www.cbc.ca/news/background/sikh-politics-canada/index.html

thanks for letting me vent.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am in England right now Am and feel safe, I am impressed that they were able to stop these attacks before they happened. The only thing I worry about is the airport mess when I leave with the heightened security level.

Anonymous
    Inactive

from what i heard they didn’t stop the first or third attempt. the cell phone on the first bomb was called twice and the bomb didn’t explode. the ambulance guys who called it in definitely help keep it from getting worse. Today, the guys lit the car and himself on fire and had a bomb-belt. So, these 2 failed, they weren’t prevented.

aaronsmith

Glasgow airort was hit luckily no one died, I reckon over the next couple of days there will be more and more. The UK police and intelligence forces are doing well in preventing this hopefully no one will be hurt. I live just down the road from the first two attacks and was driving along there the day it went off. When the london tubes were hit a few years ago I drove down to pick up a friend who was at edgware road despite police preventions a scary day!

If only that little smiley face with the guns was still there on the right I could display nicely what we should do to these terrorists

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well the UK police have done a good job, fortunately, the last 2 groups that slipped thru and launched attacks have failed.

Thankfully, the police in the UK are able to take advantage of all the video survellience quickly, to find the suspects.

Fortunately these latest assholes, weren’t good enough to succeed.

It’s definitely time to throw more of these radical leaders in prison for inciting violence.

Anonymous
    Inactive

It’s tough to know what to think, the world seems to be getting more ******* up every day.

It’s a miracle no one was hurt so far let’s hope it stays that way. I’m in the point of view that anyone who does this and is taken prisoner should be cremated on the spot. I can understand being against a government and passionately hating it, but then take it out on the government, but don’t target innocent people.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I work part time at Glasgow Airport and was about 50 meters away when the jeep drove in to the building. It was very scarey as you can imagine, there was no mistake from the moment it happened that it was a terrorist attack, but it was almost like watching it on the movies, as noone could believe what was hapening. Yes it was a miracle noone was hurt, and thankfully the gas containers in the car didn’t explode, otherwise I may not have been so lucky myself.

Thankfully, the police in the UK are able to take advantage of all the video survellience quickly, to find the suspects.

The police didn’t have to find the suspects. The guy got out of the car (he was on fire) and tried to pour more petrol over the car, by this point he was completely on fire. They put him out and ran after him, he was not trying to run away, he was only interested in making the car explode and was trying to throw a petrol bomb in to the building. Luckily he didn’t succeed. They managed to get him on the ground. His skin was melting off, they took him on a streacher to hospital. When they took him to the hospital, they undressed him and found a suicide belt on him… The hospital was then evacuated.

Everyone was shouting at the policeman who was trying to put the man on fire out to let him die. I am glad he didnt die (yet). He obviously wasn’t that bothered about dying or not at the time, so I think it’s better that he is alive and suffering.

You never know when or where these people will strike. You just have to hope you are not in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Anonymous
    Inactive

For him, life is the punishment now. Allah didn’t call him to all the stuff he is to get as reward, he is a failure in the eyes of his cronies, he is in huge pain and he has no future to live for.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Forget prisons! They want to die and I say grant them their wish. Why spend time & money when they don’t want to be saved.

PatrickM

I am pretty glad I don’t live in the UK anymore. That is sad, but it is true. Crime there is horrible…

As for it being targeted for terrorism, well, the UK is used to it from Irish troubles and now this. Sad, very sad, and I do miss it there :(

WineGuy

I wonder why the US hasn’t seen any big terrorist attacks since 911?
    Perhaps the Bush admin. is actually doing some good work?
    Of course noone will every say that because it ain’t hip to say anything pro-Bush :stirpot:

Anonymous
    Inactive

@antoine 129754 wrote:

I can understand being against a government and passionately hating it, but then take it out on the government, but don’t target innocent people.

Unfortunately the people behind these attacks hate the ‘innocent’ general public just as much as the government – the first bomb was targeting the ‘slags’ at a ‘ladies night’ at tiger tiger night club.

Unfortunately i fear this isn’t the end of it and am very thankful that so far no one has been hurt. Top Trump, i can’t believe you witnessed the Glasgow attack!

Bonus Streak, i was at Heathrow yesterday and things seemed to be running just fine – they just aren’t allowing any drop offs or deliveries – trains to and from are fine.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@daweller 129780 wrote:

I wonder why the US hasn’t seen any big terrorist attacks since 911?
    Perhaps the Bush admin. is actually doing some good work?
    Of course noone will every say that because it ain’t hip to say anything pro-Bush :stirpot:

Perhaps the cops and airport security are doing a good job?

Never saw Bush at the airport yet. Just a lot of people doing their jobs.

Also, we the people tend to turn in suspicious folk, as happened with an terrorist group in Oregon.

Anonymous
    Inactive

It seems the police are doing a great job in tracking down the guilty parties and now have 7 in custody, including the two punks in Australia. :kissass:

This kind of thing annoys the shi*t out of me but there is not a lot anyone can do about it unless the intelligence is there, just a case of being aware.

I was expecting more attacks since in all major cities and airports in the UK, thankfully these have not happened….yet!

I think if I had witnessed the incident at Glasgow Airport I would have gotten involved (stupidly) there would be no way I would let the punk die there nor would I let him get away. Image the beef he’ll get locked up in some of Britain’s finest prisons, a whole world of pain heading their way!

Still, I feel pretty safe but I also have the attitude of if you’re there and it happens…what can you do? If its your time, you gotta go!

Anonymous
    Inactive

This is one of the examples of when capital punishment is the wrong solution.

These guys want to die and be martyrs, nothing better than making those who fail spend 50+ years in prison thinking of how they (hopefully) failed.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)