Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

RIP Louis Fabiano – the Professor

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 104 total)
  • Author
    JEI10

R.I.P. Lou

Anonymous
    Inactive

I posted this at GPWA, but wanted to come here… to the community Lou founded… and share my thoughts with all of you as well.

There are many different opinions of Lou Fabiano in this industry. Some saw him as a leader. Some saw him as greedy. Some saw him as a shrewd business man. And others as simply the founder of CAP. The truth of the matter was far more complex than a label. During his time with us, Lou had his qualities and his faults. His good intentions and his bad decisions… just as we all do. And in the end, as we’re witness to, he had his vulnerabilities.

Regardless of our opinions and experiences with Lou, the loss of an industry icon is no less shocking or painful. He was a father, a husband, and a friend to many. He built a successful online gaming community. He stood up for affiliates and players when it was the right thing to do. He voiced his conscience and opinions without shame. And for the few negative things we may remember about him, there were many more positive qualities that only a few got to see. Now, I choose to remember the good.

I tried to call Lou just last week when I heard he was in the hospital. With the death of Allan, I felt it was time everyone put aside the petty differences of the past… but I never got an answer. I wanted to tell him I held no grudge for the differences we had. I wanted to tell him the things we thought were so important simply were not. And that people and relationships mean so much more than making money or running a business. Now, his number — written down on one of my business cards — sits staring at me from my desktop. I am overwhelmed with guilt and sorrow that I didn’t get to say those things to him when I had the chance… when I knew I should have taken the opportunity. I could have been persistent and called back every day until he answered, but I didn’t… and I’m sorry.

I am deeply saddened by the passing of Lou, both as a member of this industry and as a human being. His loss — along with other recent sobering events — has served to remind me of my own mortality, and the limited amount of time each of us have. No one is guaranteed a tomorrow. In the confusion and competitiveness of online gaming, Lou may have lost his way at times. But I believe he always wanted the right things for his family, his friends, and his industry. I hope that in his passing, Lou finally found the peace I believe he so desperately wanted. And that somewhere right now, he is laughing with his best friend, Allan, without the earthly worries, pains, or constraints that burden us all.

Anonymous
    Inactive

RIP Lou and our thoughts go out to your family. You were one of my first friends back in the days, to loose you and Captain in so short a time is very sad for us all.

Brian

Anonymous
    Inactive
    221641 wrote:

I posted this at GPWA, but wanted to come here… to the community Lou founded… and share my thoughts with all of you as well.

@Integrity
    : That was a great post

I didn’t know Lou personally, but the little interaction I had with him (all online) I despised him. I guess while probably not at the same level, where as we were not business associates or direct competitors and not much need to have made amends (as we would long since have forgot about each other after dealings), the lesson about life being short, death coming unexpected and the things we thought were so important not really being important at all is a similar feeling I had and glad to have read the above post where that was expressed so well in words. Thanks for making it, and I hope by posting it you also will soon have found peace with it as well.

Anonymous
    Inactive

You’ll be missed, Lou — rest in peace. My thoughts and prayers go out to your family.

Brad

R.I.P Professor. My heart goes out to your family and I know you are in a place of eternal happiness.

Anonymous
    Inactive

RIP Lou, you will be missed but not forgotten. Condolences to his family.

TRF-Yu-Ki

RIP lou you will be missed

Condolences to the family

Anonymous
    Inactive

R.I.P Professor

Anonymous
    Inactive

Integrity you know how to say what I want to say, thank you for putting it all down for me.

Anonymous
    Inactive

RIP Lou.

You will always be remembered for your contributions to the gambling affiliate world. I’m hoping you and Allan will be smiling down on us with cold drinks in hand remembering the good times those in this community shared with you.

Kevin 11

Anonymous
    Inactive

Rest in peace. My condolences to his family and friends.

stevej

My condolences to the family. These abrupt changes are very shocking and humbling. Peace be with you all.

RIP Allan and Lou ….

:(

Man I worked with Lou for over three years at CAP. I can’t believe I’m hearing this today. I knew he was in the hospital but I thought he would make it through like the other times. Sandra told me he was going through a lot of stress that made matters worse but I had no idea it was that bad. This makes me sad.

I just have to say that overall Lou was a good man. He was passionate about the industry and all he ever wanted was the love and respect of his community and his peers.

You will be missed. Rest in Piece Lou.

-John

jackybet

Lou was if not the BEST warm hearten good guys in this industry. You are missed already Lou.

John 14:1-2
    “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. 2 In My Father’s house are many mansions;if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.”

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 104 total)