Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

Palin NOT qualified for VP – Poll (10/31/08)

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

A growing number of voters have concluded that Senator John McCain’s running mate Sarah Palin is not qualified to be vice president, weighing down the Republican ticket to the White House in the last days of the campaign, a new poll shows.

The just released New York Times/CBS News poll shows that 59 per cent of voters surveyed said the Alaska Governor was not prepared for the job, up nine percentage points since the beginning of the month. :roflmao:

Nearly a third of voters polled said the selection of vice-presidential candidate would be a major factor influencing their vote for president but that too is not a good news for Republican as those voters broadly favour Senator Barack Obama, the Democratic nominee.

Indicating that the choice of Palin has hurt McCain’s image, voters said they had much more confidence in Obama to pick qualified people for his administration than they did in McCain.

After nearly two years of campaigning, a pair of hotly contested nominating battles, a series of debates and an avalanche of advertisements, the nationwide poll found the contours of the race hardening in the last days before the election on Tuesday.

Twelve per cent of the voters surveyed said they had already voted.

The poll result showed Obama is maintaining his lead, with 51 per cent of likely voters supporting him and 40 per cent supporting McCain in a head-to-head matchup.

Some perceptions of race are changing, with increase in the number of people who believe that white and black people have an equal chance of getting ahead in America today. :tongue:

source

Anonymous
    Inactive
    FrankBlack

But she can see Russia from her backyard !!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I usually never take the word or remarks of any celebrity seriously but the comments
    Matt Damon made about Palin practicaly summed it up for me. The part about the
    Dinosaurs and the Nuclear launch codes was brilliant. :)

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m sure that we will have other priceless moments as Palin will be on the National political scene for a long time from what I hear. :flush:

I would compare her ability to construct cognitive sentences to that being on the
    same level as Bush if not lower. You’d better beware she’ll beat you like a naughty
    step-child with her hockey stick.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Star Partner 183974 wrote:

I would compare her ability to construct cognitive sentences to that being on the
    same level as Bush if not lower. You’d better beware she’ll beat you like a naughty
    step-child with her hockey stick.

I’m watching her on TV at a rally in PA now and if I hear the name “joe the plumber’s’ name again I’m going to get sick. They offer NOTHING new. Just attacks and more of the same!

She has dished the fancy clothes and looks more folksy now. :D

BTW she makes Bush look smart. :tongue:

Anonymous
    Inactive

BTW she makes Bush look smart.

who would have thought that possible before Sarah came on the scene?

Anonymous
    Inactive

The best part of this is she is MORE Qualified than Obama LOL

And then there is Joe “Lost in Space” Biden

Anonymous
    Inactive

@allfreechips 183982 wrote:

The best part of this is she is MORE Qualified than Obama LOL

And then there is Joe “Lost in Space” Biden

Chips, do you honestly believe that? :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Senator Obama – The first African American to be nominated by a major American political party for president. A graduate of Columbia University and Harvard Law School, where he served as president of the Harvard Law Review,

Senator Joe BidenGraduated from Archmere Academy and enrolled in a University of Delaware. Earned his B.A. degree and enrolled in law school at Syracuse University. He became an attorney, was first elected to the Senate in 1972 and became the fifth-youngest senator in U.S. history.

Senator John McCain – the Republican nominee for president in 2008. McCain has been a U.S. senator from Arizona since 1987. A 1958 graduate of the U.S. Naval Academy, McCain had a 22-year military career as a pilot and officer in the Navy.

Sarah Palin – Bachelor of Science degree in communications-journalism from the University of Idaho, where she also minored in political science. Alaska of Governor.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Oh your just looking at schooling?

Many of the smartest people I know didnt even go lol.. Why not take a peek at political acomplishments instead? Oh wait then you would need to agree with me :hattip:

::: OBAMABOTS :::

Anonymous
    Inactive

@allfreechips 183991 wrote:

Oh your just looking at schooling?

Many of the smartest people I know didnt even go lol.. Why not take a peek at political acomplishments instead? Oh wait then you would need to agree with me :hattip:

::: OBAMABOTS :::

Yep, because it does matter. They are all in government so what are you basing your opinion on? You’re starting to waste my time with your one line non-informative jab replies that you dish out. :sarcasm:

I’m going to go get a few things ready for our party tonight and then get to work and stop playing with you. :hattip: I doubt that we will ever agree on anything, but I can assure you that no matter whom wins my life will go on and I’ll be just as happy as I am today. Can you say the same? :tongue:

Anonymous
    Inactive

Editor of Harvard Law Review pretty much means you are the top law student at Harvard and therefore one of the 10 or 20 top law students in the country. Law Review and Moot Court are extraciricular activities and you tend to find the former editors sitting on appellate courts around the country.

I would also say that obama’s work as community organizer creating a new movement/organization certainly is equal if not more difficult than a mayor in a moderate sized suburban city. Her last two years as governor certainly has added a lot more to her resume/experience.

Further compared McCain’s job experience, Obama is way more qualified. Despite McCain having been an officer, as a pilot he wasn’t managing anything more than his plane, so it’s not like his Naval experience involved anything admnistrative until he was working in congress as a naval officer after the war.

So when it comes to experience Obama matches or beats both Republicans, as does Joe Biden.

What the Hell Robin? You’re having a party and we aren’t invited!? LOL Have good day and fun weekend.

Enjoy the weekend all, i’m going to be eating candy and watching the news until weds morning.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)