Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

Neteller card / altair not working for anyone?

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

UK-based here and had loads of problems with this card over the weekend.

Checked online balance on Friday and I had approx. £390. I tried on three occasions at three different ATM’s to withdraw £200 and got refused on all occasions. I later tried to withdraw just £50 and succeeded. Any further attempts were rejected.

The next day (Satuday) I did £50 ‘cashback’ successfully but failed to make any ATM withdrawals. All were rejected.

On Sunday, I was rejected again.

I e-mailed altair approx 36 hours ago and they haven’t seen fit to reply.

Oh, btw – according to my stats I should have approx. £290 left in my balance but it now shows just £80. altair or NETeller have swiped £200 from my account somewhere.

Screw NETeller and screw altair – I’m making alternative arrangements.

Anonymous
    Inactive

BTW, altair haven’t bothered to reply still. Looks like they have no problem with customers not being able to use their own cards. They equally have no problem with stealing customers’ funds. I won’t be trusting these cowboys with a penny of mine again.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just an update. altair still have not reimbursed me for the stolen £200. I have referred the matter to the FSA and, guess what…. they’re not authorised or regulated by the FSA.

Think VERY carefully before using a NETeller debit card. There appears to be a tendancy for the funds to disappear without them ever reaching your hand – and when it happens, there’s bugger all you can do about it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well, nice to know that altair have read this thread – even though they couldn’t be bothered to post in it.

After loads of chasing, numerous e-mails, telephone calls, letters, legals threats, referring the matter to the FSA and FOS….. altair FINALLY paid me back my £200. Only then – get this – they took £140 of it OFF again and pretended it was correct!!! Only after MORE arguing did I get my entire £200.

And now… altair have written to me threatening legal action if I don’t remove the contents of this thread.

Note this, altair: in your dreams. You want legal action? BRING IT ON.

Anonymous
    Inactive

BTW, in the same post as the legal threat, I also received a letter from Newcastle Building Society (who issue altair’s cards) upholding my complaint against altair as a result of their pathetic service.

Anonymous
    Inactive

They have my account at over minus £700 now!!

It was minus £900-£1000 before I sent money to the account, that’s when I noticed they had me as minus because the money wasn’t available after I sent it.

Altair is a nightmare, how can an account even get into debt since its prepaid!

Anonymous
    Inactive

@DeuceAce.com 158519 wrote:

They have my account at over minus £700 now!!

It was minus £900-£1000 before I sent money to the account, that’s when I noticed they had me as minus because the money wasn’t available after I sent it.

Altair is a nightmare, how can an account even get into debt since its prepaid!

Ooh! Now you’re in for it! Expect ’em to write to you and demand you take down your nasty comments! Jeez – read up this, altair – this is for your watching eyes. You suck. Your service is crap. You have no idea how to run a business and need a kick up the arse. Shall I print this out for you for presentation when you drag me into court? Looking forward to it.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)