Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

Meet the Leadership Team

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

@Arjun 223858 wrote:

Hey Folks. I am going to jump in and apologize for this, as I didn’t properly communicate some of the site updates after the gregger transition. We made some changes over the past month, which changed the placement of the discussion leaders page. As you can see here, the page is still up and is linked from our sitemap, just under our “About the Editors” sitemap. The reason that this change was made, is because we are testing out the new header/footer and site theme, which resulted in less navigational and footer links.

My head has been a little bit under water with all these updates recently, that I simply forgot to make the forum post on it, and for that, I am sorry.

However, just to give you guys an update, we’ll be placing the discussion leaders section into the newly developed “About Us” section which should be launching by week’s end. You can see in the attached screenshot, that this is going to be linked from the navbar of the site. We’ll still be running some usability testing on the headers/footer, but I hope that this About Us page will give you guys some more visibility. As for the sweatshirts…i didn’t hear about those, but I’ll work on it! :drunk2::capmiami:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]659[/ATTACH]

Arjun,

All kidding aside and being totally serious, I would personally like to see 2 things:

# 1 – Some serious Link Juice (which was promised multiple times) – I have Emails that
    document this. Linking to us from a 0 PR web page hardly benefits us at all.

# 2 – Of lesser importance (but would be nice), would be a “Thank you for your efforts”
    statement. Gregger did manage to do this once, but this has seemed to be have
    been lost amongst all the busy-ness.

If only 1 of these 2 can be accomplished though, I really would like to see # 1.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts on this,

Doug

winner.com

I have to agree with poker dude (all joking aside)

I have spent a lot of time in my section (take a look at the ‘thanks’ I’ve gotten)
    and the number of question I have answered

lets get to work on this
    Thanks

Anonymous
    Inactive

I agree about the link juice – I’d like to see some myself. :)

As for the gefillte fish – I pass too.

I think we all should get some link juice, and we all should get a once a year gift (hanukka, xmas, birthdays, whatever)

But, I’d also like to see you guys initiate more posts, like make a new post about something interesting a least once a week… we need some quality posting here and you guys are the ticket.

We were doing real good there and then the VB change took a toll on new people coming in, so we need to get the lurkers to post until google adjusts to the new VB seo..

Any ideas on that? We have a lot of lurkers (tons) but they see nothing compelling to get them to come out of their shell.

What do you think we need to do?

I don’t think CAP admin would be opposed to rewarding people more and more as they grow their sections.

BTW Arjun is actually a very humorous person, he’s just trying to be professional here.. maybe he needs to losen up.

But yes, some good incentive is needed to get it all to roll…and we can go from there.

What I personally would like to see is CAP to be the professional board. The go to place for good, solid info.

Anyways, any input? What can we do? What should we get for it?

Evelinessa

@Shotgunpete 223859 wrote:

hey Poker Dude do the CAP ‘powers that be’ or have a sense of humour?

They call me Mr. ****s and Giggles for a reason :) :shakebutt

Evelinessa

just checking with our seo team today on where to place these links for you foiks. will update the thread soon!

winner.com

Sounds good – maybe on a page that’s not a php page
    For some reason I don’t think links from a forum excites google

just a thought

Anonymous
    Inactive

Google counts all links from any one forum as one link.

winner.com

Any update on this?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello stranger! :)

Evelinessa

just sent an e-mail to each of you to get your thoughts on something. didn’t want to post in the thread so that i can make sure that everyone sees the plans, since sometimes people dont get emails from thread subscriptions

Evelinessa

Hey everyone — links are up at the bottom of the main forum page. Dom, yours is being added tonight.

In the future, we will probably adjust the formatting to display usernames and stuff but first I just wanted to get the links up.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)