Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

It’s crazy but US will bomb Iran soon!

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    biggyg

Bravo to Splinterfree , I agree 100% with you.

TonyM

Iran is like cuba. I was in the US army in 1962 when the cuban missle crisis accured with the nuclear program . Let me tell you, I was a scared soldier. But JFK back down the USSR and cuba by being tough and kept us out of war. If your an american don’t forget your roots. Yes we have our faults but just show me a country that cares about human rights more than the US. I am proud to be an american. As far as money goes if all the nations in the world would just pay us back what they owe us we could pay off any debt.

voodooman
    Sunflower;166528 wrote:
    As far as money goes if all the nations in the world would just pay us back what they owe us we could pay off any debt.

It is arrogance like this that is turning the world against the USA. One could therefore also say that the USA and Britain should return to the rest of the world all that they have swindled from them over the past century.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Professor 166503 wrote:

I still remember when the Iranians took our embassy hostage and I do consider them a serious threat to peace in the region.

yea man, if you consider the fact that US took their whole nation hostage by toppling their democratically elected government in order to pursue the economic interests of American and British corporations, then this embassy hostage crisis doesn’t look so big anymore…how about that for piece of terrorism. you reap what you saw? is that the saying in english?

what i propose to agree with you on is that both Iran and USA pose a serious threat to peace in the region. amen.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@splinterfree 166530 wrote:

what i propose to agree with you on is that both Iran and USA pose a serious threat to peace in the region. amen.

I have to agree with this.

Let’s stay home and take care of our own affairs. It’s not exactly peachy here.

Military should be right here to DEFEND us, not all over the place where they can’t be mobilized for internal matters.

What happened in New Orleans is still not fixed – it’s a disgrace!

Aside from international politics – we seriously cannot afford to be fighting wars now, regardless of whether anyone owes us anything or not.

To put that in perspective – your uncle, cousin, sister and the guy across the street owe you $100.

You need $100 to pay your mortgage, but they don’t have it, and you don’t have it.

Will the bank forgo foreclosure because they owe you something? Nope, you are the deadbeat and can’t pay your mortgage and will lose your house.

I don’t know why people don’t understand that a country is the same as a business – you can get in precarious financial circumstances and lose all your power. Sooner or later the piper has to be paid.

Right now every man, woman and child has to cough up $30,000 to pay the piper. It’s YOUR personal debt. YOU will eventually pay for it, either by losing it to a collapsed economy or by actually paying it.

Why does common sense stop when it comes to politics? If you can’t afford something, you can’t afford it!

vladcizsol
    Quote:
    Why does common sense stop when it comes to politics?

It does exactly that whenever the Republicans have been in office over the last thirty years.

Quote:
    If you can’t afford something, you can’t afford it!

True for us, not true for the current administration. They took a budget SURPLUS and turned it into the highest budget deficit and national debt in history. They would happily do the same in Iran.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Professor 166607 wrote:

True for us, not true for the current administration. They took a budget SURPLUS and turned it into the highest budget deficit and national debt in history. They would happily do the same in Iran.

Agreed, but with pointing out again (can’t help myself, it pixxes me off too much) that it is very personal, they have spent YOUR money and MY money and every american’s money regardless of age, to the tune of each of us being $30,000 in the hole.

This money has to be replaced somehow, and short of printing more and more of it and letting the $ slip to $100 per 1 euro, WE will have to pay for this.

How can WE think of spending billions and billions more getting involved in the middle east when WE can’t even fix our own tragedies?

vladcizsol

Im in complete agreement with you DOM and I dont want my money spent in this fashion either.

But unfortunately the present administration doesnt care what I want, what you want, what the American people want, or what the world wants. They dont care what makes sense, they dont care what US or International laws or courts say. They do exactly what THEY want whenever THEY want to do it. And there isnt a damned thing anyone of us can do about it.

If they decided THEY want to invade Iran they will and logic, law, or public oppinion wont matter in the least bit.

Quite frankly I am amazed they havent done it before now. I suspect the only reason they havent is they want to sway the November elections through fear by saying “We need John McSame to lead us as we are at war!”

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Professor 166620 wrote:

they want to sway the November elections through fear by saying “We need John McSame to lead us as we are at war!”

That’s exactly right, and we are already at war in two countries, let’s just add a third and fourth.

Hitler’s greed and arrogance and ultimate stupidity comes to mind.

I have some old bills from Hitler’s time, you used to need a wheel barrel full of 100,000 DM bills to buy a loaf of bread. They didn’t even time to print new bills to keep up with inflation, they just printed new amounts on them. Just print lots of worthless money, ruin the economy, and go to war with a whole bunch of countries and become the ruler of the world.

:tongue:

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Dominique 166624 wrote:

I have some old bills from Hitler’s time, you used to need a wheel barrel full of 100,000 DM bills to buy a loaf of bread. They didn’t even time to print new bills to keep up with inflation, they just printed new amounts on them. Just print lots of worthless money, ruin the economy, and go to war with a whole bunch of countries and become the ruler of the world.

that’s actually not true Dom. i mean you probably do have the 100,000 bills :roflmao: but they are not from Hitler’s time.

german hyperinflation took place in 1923 a little bit after the end of WWI. Hitler only came to power a decade later.

Hyperinflation did not directly bring about the Nazi takeover of Germany; the inflation ended with the introduction of the Rentenmark and the Weimar Republic continued for a decade afterward. The inflation did, however, raise doubts about the competence of liberal institutions, especially amongst a middle class who had held cash savings and bonds. It also produced resentment of Germany’s bankers and speculators, many of them Jewish, whom the government and press blamed for the inflation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inflation_in_the_Weimar_Republic :hattip:

Anonymous

Dom’s right. you can’t fight war on promises and bad money.

ya it pisses me off too. I almost wish I hadn’t read your figures though. I had no idea it was that much per person. which btw means only the tax payers will pay for it so if those figures are per every person … its a lot higher than 30k

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Dominique 166589 wrote:

I have to agree with this.

I don’t know why people don’t understand that a country is the same as a business – you can get in precarious financial circumstances and lose all your power. Sooner or later the piper has to be paid.

Right now every man, woman and child has to cough up $30,000 to pay the piper. It’s YOUR personal debt. YOU will eventually pay for it, either by losing it to a collapsed economy or by actually paying it.

Why does common sense stop when it comes to politics? If you can’t afford something, you can’t afford it!

This is dead right, and everyone is starting to pay for it now through a clever taxation system called inflation! Rising food and oil prices are not really rising, they value of the dollar and many other major currencies is falling.

Just check out the growth of the worlds only true currency (gold) in the last 3 years.

I urge you all to read ‘The Creature From Jekyll Island’ http://books.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/09/26/1432203

don’t read it if your bank is closed? as you will want to take your money outta there right away after reading.

Anonymous

we can’t afford it but it does look like we’re setting up to do just that.

we’ve all sudden told N.Korea that we’re okay with most of what they’re doing and since they made that minimal, token gesture that we no longer view them as … I forget what he called it .. . tennacles of evil or crap like that. … and that now the only “evil” one left was Iran.

I’m no big fan of our sticking our noses in anywhere they’re not invited but right now even if we know Iran has nukes, I don’t see how we can afford to go in there and screw around like we have done in Iraq.

The reason Bush and the rest of the keystone carpetbaggers think they don’t have to answer to the economy is that simple people can look at a situation and tell you right away if they can afford to do it or if it has to be forsaken in trade for that cold winter coming up and the high fuel bills along with it …

Bush never wanted for anything, how could he know what it is like to give up something important to pay for something more important? Crap he doesn’t even know what its like to give up something that’s not important.

anything he ever lacked, he was born lacking and will die lacking it.

this of course has nothing to do with the above but to quote Ron White: “You can’t fix stupid!”.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@bb1webs 166840 wrote:

I’m no big fan of our sticking our noses in anywhere they’re not invited but right now even if we know Iran has nukes, I don’t see how we can afford to go in there and screw around like we have done in Iraq.

so how exactly did you get to the conclusion that Iran has nukes?

after that, i lost your train of though mate…

Anonymous

I thought that was the whole reason for the states going to war, was about mass destruction weapons. I’m not saying that is the truth, just thats their spin on it.

my train of thought on the rest of it is that even if we did find out Iran was building nukes and did go to war with Iran to shut it down that the states cannot afford to stay there for 5 years and spend the kind of money that has been spent at Iraq.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)