Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

Is this term for real?…

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    kwblue wrote:
    Predatory is predatory… is predatory.

ANY affiliate program using a ‘Minimum Player Rule’ is out to screw the affiliate. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

It ONLY makes them more profitable because they, then, have a valid reason for dumping your hard work into their extensive coffers. It’s ridiculous and will only continue if YOU (the affiliate) sign up and partake of the program.

In my book, withholding monies earned is theft.

Plain and simple.

Anonymous

BB1WEBS – I don’t see your issue about having to chop and change e-wallets affecting non-US Canbet customers. I’ve been using Moneybookers.com there for 2 years now. Am I missing something here?

Hi G,

actually I didn’t realize this place doesn’t accept US players. as mentioned in my earlier post …. North American players are all that I currently am able to target with any reasonable expectation of results due to fraud in other countries (at PPCs).

Moneybookers. never tried them and they haven’t to my (admittedly and obviously limited experience with them) heard anything good or bad about them.

are they allowed in Canada?

all that said: it still comes down to the fact that a place wouldn’t have had the players an aff sent them … without the aff.

I wouldn’t join anyplace not honoring the fact I deserve commission for having sent a player … that they otherwise wouldn’t have had. It has nothing to do with future anything. I think its quite simple really. And I’m in complete agreement with Dom’s post.

pokerfriend

Thanks to you all for getting back to me.

To give you some clarity on how this rule is interpreted:

If or when we get to the point where we need to decide if an affiliate account needs to be closed we take into account not only the 1 player, 3 month rule. We also ask the question, does this affiliate still have a website, if yes, where are they currently promoting us, how many clicks are they currently generating from the banners/ text links that they have live. After getting a better idea of who and what the affiliate is doing (right or wrong) we then try to recommend and see if there is any potential to grow and increase their numbers (be it special banners, promotions, mailers, splash pages etc). We’re not in the business of closing affiliates accounts, rather, growing affiliates.

I hope this gives you some insight as to how we view this rule. I would like to request that if you have any questions or concerns about this rule on how it is interpreted, to contact me to discuss this in more detail.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I don’t think holding people hostage on their commissions is a real good way to do business. If an affiliate decides to stop promoting you for whatever reason they deem necessary, they should not have their future earnings stolen from them. Most affiliates bust their ass 12 hours a day in front of this stupid screen in hopes to build a residual income that will pay dividends for years to come. What if I sold my sports niche website and was going to focus strictly on poker? Your telling me you will not pay me future income that is rightfully mine. Thats crazy and I won’t get into bed with programs that are going to nickel and dime me and cut corners just because they can. Man, that greed factor is something else. I wonder at the end of the day is it really worth it to piss off so many affiliates to save a few pennies at the end of the day.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Bonusgeek wrote:
    I don’t think holding people hostage on their commissions is a real good way to do business. If an affiliate decides to stop promoting you for whatever reason they deem necessary, they should not have their future earnings stolen from them. Most affiliates bust their ass 12 hours a day in front of this stupid screen in hopes to build a residual income that will pay dividends for years to come. What if I sold my sports niche website and was going to focus strictly on poker? Your telling me you will not pay me future income that is rightfully mine. Thats crazy and I won’t get into bed with programs that are going to nickel and dime me and cut corners just because they can. Man, that greed factor is something else. I wonder at the end of the day is it really worth it to piss off so many affiliates to save a few pennies at the end of the day.

I agree completely. It shouldn’t matter if the affiliate stops sending players for whatever reason – temporarily or permanently.
    Any program that has a minimum player rule should have a big star next to any statements on their homepage proclaiming LIFETIME COMMISSIONS or the like, or it is simply misleading..
    I understand that one of the reasons given for such clauses is to stop abuse from players disguised as affiliates, but it should be pretty obvious who is for real if you have to give a few example sites when signing up.
    So this really all about keeping affiliates locked in.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    bb1webs wrote:
    Moneybookers. never tried them and they haven’t to my (admittedly and obviously limited experience with them) heard anything good or bad about them.

are they allowed in Canada?

Yes they take Canadian players – cover 35 currencies – and a lot of payment options. Frankly I think that they’re better than any other e-wallet out there … low fees … almost global acceptance …

… but they will not take American players for gambling purposes.

Check out my page on MONEYBOOKERS for an overview about them.

Or check MONEYBOOKERS out directly.

(Disclaimer : I am a moneybookers user – and all user can affiliate with them using a RID – and so I get a slice of any fees if you join up and use them from those links on my site )
    :Nod:

I have to agree with some of the views held by BonusGeek, Dominque, Bb1webs and KwBlue … but not as strongly .. .and I think that your only looking at a portion of the picture.

Many affiliates will quickly follow your lead and choose to promote other sites … some of which are obviously small and shaky and which end up folding (or selling players on) and leaving affiliates out of pocket – and certainly with no lifetime share.

Others will make major changes – and your existing players suddenly disappear – turning a $10K per month revenue stream into less than $500 … eh professor?

But Canbet have never done this. I guess that’s why I’m arguing the point …
    sigh.gif

I’d much rather have a serious business partner who eliminates those sort or risks and puts the (pretty easy) affiliate qualification conditions out on paper. I have 15 partners in this business – and they all pay me on time – without fuss or risk – because of their financial strength.

But – I acknowledge thats just my own view.
    I’m just trying to share my experiences – no offence intended.
    Be safe out there guys (and gals).
    :wavey:

Anonymous
    Inactive
    TheGooner wrote:
    Many affiliates will quickly follow your lead and choose to promote other sites … some of which are obviously small and shaky and which end up folding (or selling players on) and leaving affiliates out of pocket – and certainly with no lifetime share.

Just because they are a financially sound book doesn’t necessarily mean we wont get screwed. I think it was bowmans who sold my usa players to 365, neither side did right by me by keeping them under my affiliate account. I think there was another similar situation also. In the end, they all do what ever they want anyway. They can be the best programs in the world until they’re not. I don’t recall what commission king did with their usa players. I stopped promoting them a while back.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I agree with Bonusgeek… It is pure extortion and to sugar-coat it just makes everyone see the forest for the trees.

I’ve heard all the excuses for these predatory rules (trust me) and no matter how you skin it… it is still a way to extort traffic out of an affiliate who has done his/her job by getting you the player in the first place.

Very poor business ethics, IMO.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The facts are very simple:

The affiliate sends players and is promised lifetime revenues.

If the affiliate for example sells his/her site and holds on to the accounts in order to continue to be paid for services rendered, the predatory program will stop payments.

So if you get into a life situation where someone is sick or has an accident or whatever, and you can’t continue to run your site yourself, the predatory program will steal your income.

Things in this industry are insecure enough as is, it doesn’t make sense to put what little personal security we have under current contracts on the line.

We have no retirement, no sick pay, no insurance, none of the things you would get working off line. The least one can expect is to be actually paid for services rendered.

Anonymous

So if you get into a life situation where someone is sick or has an accident or whatever, and you can’t continue to run your site yourself, the predatory program will steal your income.

Things in this industry are insecure enough as is, it doesn’t make sense to put what little personal security we have under current contracts on the line.

We have no retirement, no sick pay, no insurance, none of the things you would get working off line. The least one can expect is to be actually paid for services rendered.

Dom, I nominate this post as the post of the month ….. perhaps the year!

very nice! I’d like to add to it but can find no finger hold. again … very well put!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Anyone tried to login to the new CK software yet, not sure if its all working correctly as it says i have no IASbet traffic or turnover in August, also the other day when i clicked on my IASbet banner it took me to Canbet.com ???

pokerfriend

Hi Creditor,

We are in the process of moving over to the new Commissionking Affiliate program. Please bear with us as the migration progresses.

If you have any questions regarding your affiliate account please contact us at support@commissionking.com

Kind Regards
    The CommissionKing Team

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)