Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

Emergency Prayer Chain

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    vladcizsol

Captain could we set up a Lindsey Fund to help the family? CAP and me persoanlly would be happy to chip in.

Anonymous
    Inactive

So sorry to hear that Lindsey is having such difficulties. As a Lupus patient myself, I know the difficulties of fighting any illness, much less a major one as this. Lots of prayers will continue for Lindsey and her family.
    Professor….I’m with you on that, great idea.
    Captain, also check the local Lupus Foundation, they often help families thru these difficulties, both financially and whatever else they can. May is National Lupus Awareness month.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey Friends,
    Thank you Lou very much for suggesting a Lindsey fund. Patty Melissa, and I are donating $700.00 to Lindsey Mom Bobbie. For those here that would like to donate funds please make the check payable to Bobbie Harmon and mail to Allan Leonard 21085 Blacksmith Trl Bristol, VA 24202. Please help if you can so that Bobbie can be able to travel back to Nashville to be with Lindsey. Thank you all for your continued prayers.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Could you set up a paypal account for us foreigners – I would really like to contribute and this is the easiest way for me

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Alex,
    I would prefer checks payable to Bobbie Harmon, but for those that prefer to send donations by PayPal, my account is Patallanleonard@aol.com. Thank you very much for your continued prayers and Lindsey’s support. Also for those that have pm me with donations thank you very much.

stevej

Tarzan was talking to Jane about this and Jane and we would like the appropriate powers at CAP to convert Tarzan’s “interesting thread” gift certificate to Lindsey – and if that won’t help, if it could be converted to cash that would be awesome. Is that possible?

But she could get some audio books in there for her from Amazon… Please Captain, tell her Jane sends her love and that we are thinking and praying for her.

Cheers friend.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey Tarzan and Jane,
    I will pass this on to Lindsey as soon as I see her again.

Update: Lindsey is still in the intensive care burn unit at Vanderbuilt in Nashville. Melissa and a friend drove down last night to see her and will be returing home this evening. Lindsey’s mom Bobbie came by our house yesterday evening to receive our donation. We also toold Bobbie about our great friends here at CAP who our praying for Lindsey. She broke down in tears as Patty and I did. Bobbie will be going back to Vanderbuilt this coming thursday staying as long as she can afford to stay. Below is a picture of Lindsey taken back in 2003 by Melissa.
    Lindsey.jpg

vladcizsol

Thanks for the generous gift to Lindsey and her family Tarzen we will send her your CAP Money on Thursday. :hattip:

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey Friends,
    Lindsey’s Mom Bobbie is very grateful for the contributions made so far. Thank you to Tarzan, Jane, Bonusgeek, and Alex Pratt for their generous contributions. Bobbie will be going to Nashville to be with Lindsey for the next 10 days thankfully for the contributions made so far here by CAP members.

Update: Lindsey has been moved to a step down unit and is beginning to heal. It is going to be a long painfull process to recovery for Lindsey. It is estimated she will be at Vanderbuilt for at least a total of 4 months. So please continue to keep Lindsey in your prayers and if you can afford to make a donation to Lindsey’s Mom Bobbie for traveling expences it will be appreciated.

CAP Members Rock!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you very much Lou and Marie for your generous contibution to Lindsey and her Mom Bobbie. Also thank you very much for mentioning Lindsey and this thread in today’s CAP newletter. For those that are contibuting by Paypal please send me your physical address by pm so Bobbie can send you a letter of thanks when she returns from Nashville. :hattip:

Anonymous
    Inactive

All my hopes and Prayers for Lyndsay Harmon

Marc Lesnick

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Friends,
    Lindsey’s Mom Bobbie just returned from Nashville and stopped by yesterday evening. Bobbie is very gratefull for the prayers and contibutions made so far. Lindsey is still struggling, but is making progress. The doctors told Bobbie that Lindsey surprized them and has survive this. Lindsey is still in alot of pain and is now in the progress of going to rehab. Please continue praying for Lindsey.

Anonymous
    Inactive

May God bless Lindsey and help her in recovery.

Please send our prayers, love and positive thoughts :)

One Love,

Ben and Valentina

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m not sure if it’s posted here or not but Reefer Poker is running 2 Charity tournaments for Lindsey. One tonight and one tomorrow. If you run a forum and want to post about it, please PM me and I’ll send you the details.

God Bless

compiit

Below are the details! :)
    Fonzi, thank you for reminding me to post here, I know there is a post in the General Discussion area.

Thank you to everyone who participated in tonight’s event.!

charity122%20copy.jpg

Description: $5+$5 Charity Event $5 goes in prize pool $5 towards Lindsey fund. RP will match every $5 in fund

CanAffco has arranged with one of our Clients, Reefer Poker, to host upcoming charity events for Lindsey Hope Harmon. Full details of the events and her story is below.

Place: Reefer Poker

Dates and Times: We are holding two different events to accommodate our friends in other time zones.
    Wednesday May 21st, 7:00 pm EST, 6:00 pm Reefer server time.
    Thursday May 22nd, 7:00 pm GMT, 3:00 pm EST, 2:00 pm Reefer server time.

Details for this tournament are as follows:

This will be a buy in tournament. $5 + $5 tournament, with $5 in the prize pool and the other $5 going to Lindsey and her family, PLUS we match the $5’s fees collected, i.e. if there are 30 players there will be $150 in the prize pool, and $300 donation to Lindsey, $150 from the fees and $150 matched by Reefer Poker.

Please read Lindsey’s story below and help us support Lindsey and her family at this time of need. Together we can make a difference in her life and allow her mother to stay with her longer at the hospital.

Lindsey Hope Harmon, age 28, was born on November 28, 1979, in Bristol, Virginia-Tennessee. She has been best friends with Melissa Leonard, daughter of Allan Leonard (alias The Captain) since the age of 12. When they were growing up, Lindsey spent more time at our house rather than her own. At the age of 16, Lindsey was diagnosed as having lupus. Since that time, she has had many hospital stays and has had a constant trouble fighting this condition. In the middle of March, Lindsey had seizures and was admitted to the hospital in Bristol, Tennessee. Upon testing, they determined that Lindsey had a mild stroke as a result. She spent approximately two weeks in the hospital recovering. After discharge, she was prescribed new medications and as a result had a severe allergic reaction to them. Her skin was ate away from the inside-out and left severe blisters and open wounds that eventually ate away her topical skin. She is currently at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville, Tennessee in the Burn Unit. She has been there since April 19, 2008 and is in severe pain and her skin is slowly growing back. On April 21, 2008, the family was called in as they did not expect Lindsey to pull through. Her mother, Bobbie Harmon is staying with her daughter as finances will allow. Lindsey condition is still critical with some improvement.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)