Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

Drop UB until they fix their shizzle?

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m seriously considering it.

Since my bonus codes get an error when players use them, there’s no telling if I’m getting credit anyway. They note that the tracking links are working correctly, but if they knew this, why not at least update the stats to show new players?

I think we’re giving UB free advertising for a month. This is rediculous.

Anonymous
    Inactive

We simply can’t run our business like this – blindly. Not knowing how ads are converting – if they are converting. If I hadn’t been so busy with other things, I would have already temporarily replaced their banners until the glitches get ironed out.

Ultimate Bet, Amanda, you need to be touching base with us. Being so unresponsive since the first announcement of tech difficulties is obviously making us affiliates feel a wee bit uneasy! :notify:

Anonymous
    Inactive

Wow this is really bad…If the bonus codes give you an error (which I didn’t know) and their tracking does not work for firefox users I am sending them free traffic (About 10% of my visitors are firefox). I can’t believe a certified partner of CAP is allowed to get away with this with no response but were working on it. No stats and no firefox tracking…. It was fine for a week but it is nearing a month! This is bad…

Anonymous
    Inactive

Are you guys reading the player boards?

I don’t promote UB much yet, so I haven’t bothered, but I did notice player threads. May be interesting for you to know what is going on there.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Dominique, did you know what has been going on from the players end?

Normally, I would know as I play in most of the rooms, but I have been busy and pretty much away from the computer this month, just keeping up with minimal webmaster chores.

Well, I looked and here is what I found on the player boards:

All month the poker site itself has been acting up – freezing up, leaving people unable to access the cashier. Games in limbo. A whole truck load of software issues above and beyond affiliates not getting their stats updated.

Frankly, with the way their software “upgrade” is performing this month, there probably are no stats to update! Players have surely abandoned this room in favour of poker rooms which are in working order!

I am horrified to just learn of this now. I had stupidly assumed there was only a problem with affiliate stats.

One assumes that webmasters who learn of something this critical would share it in this forum!!!!!

The worst thing in all of this is the lack of communications from our “partners” at Ultimate Bet and Income Access. A month of wasted traffic, of losing players and NOT A WORD!:madat:

Anonymous
    Inactive

One assumes that webmasters who learn of something this critical would share it in this forum!!!!!

Excuse me?

Did you even read my post?

Anonymous
    Inactive

The worst thing in all of this is the lack of communications from our “partners” at Ultimate Bet and Income Access. A month of wasted traffic, of losing players and NOT A WORD!

BINGO!

You know we all update our sites on a pretty regular basis and I for one have experimented, hit keyboard wrong or just plain OOPS to mess up something on the site. “:bullshit: ” happens!

Tell someone! A view emails saying we are working on it just falls short. This is not directed at just UB. MANY programs do this.

I was in sales for many years and to not tell your “sales force” about an issue with the product so they can compensate…just doesn’t make sense.

I’m baffled.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sorry, Dom. I misunderstood your post. Thanks for pointing us in the right direction.

4flush, you’re so right. Giving the people who are selling your product the heads up is something all good businesses do – and it happens far too infrequently in this business.

Keeping your partners up to date is good for both parties. We are the link between the public and the poker room. Through our sites, we represent the product. If we’re informed, many of us would work hard to control damage. Informed sales people can help explain difficulties on forums and answer emails quieries they get as webmasters knowledgeably, helping keep the player base happy until things are fixed.

Another thing to consider is loyalty. The loyalty built between a program and its affiliates, and “brand loyalty” between the players and the poker room itself. As it is, with both affiliate webmasters and players are in the dark…

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi guys,

Let me first say that we’re sorry if anyone feels that they’ve been kept in the dark as to what’s going on with the UltimateBet affiliate program. We’ve done our best to pass any information along to affiliates as it comes in and believe me, we are all as anxious as you are to get everything up and running again.

Here’s the deal. I think it’s plainly obvious that the backend upgrade did not go as smoothly as planned but all we can do now is work on getting everything up and running again. Up to now, the focus has been on making sure that the actual gaming experience at UltimateBet is back to 100%. I’m sure that everyone understands why this has been a priority.

UB is now working on providing all the missing stats for March so we can upload them into Income Access. This should be done very shortly and our first order of business will be letting everybody know when all is back to normal.

We know that this has been a frustrating time for affiliates, and we really appreciate how patient everyone has been considering all that’s been going on.

If anyone has any further questions, please feel free to email us anytime at affiliateprogram@ultimatebet.com.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Daniel.

I just played a sit and go at Ultimate Bet, and the site is hopping – full of players :)

Anonymous
    Inactive

It’s great to finally see someone from UB here to address our concerns.

Quote:
    “We’ve done our best to pass any information along to affiliates”

danielb; I am curious how many emails have you sent to your affiliate base about this stats issue? How many emails have you sent to your affiliate base about the firefox tracking issue? Has information about these issues been posted on the affiliate website or a program newsletter? Are you really doing your best to keep affiliates informed? How difficult is it to pass along vital information to those who need it most? I think we deserve much better that we have received.

If I cant get accurate stats across the board by the end of this month I will be removing all of your links. So, how about starting with an honest ETA, what hour can I expect to log in and see 100% legitimate stats?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Daniel for the update – you should send an email to your affiliates.
    It has been over a month now.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    axl wrote:
    I am curious how many emails have you sent to your affiliate base about this stats issue? How many emails have you sent to your affiliate base about the firefox tracking issue?

I think I have received a total of ….zero…. emails regarding these issues. If I didn’t check CAP and a few other forums on a regular basis, I would have no idea….

Quote:
    How difficult is it to pass along vital information to those who need it most? I think we deserve much better that we have received.

I tend to agree. I like the people at Income Access — they are all very nice — but the Firefox tracking problems need to be fixed ASAP. Are you even looking into that anymore, or have you decided to ignore it and let your affiliates lose up to 25% of their referred players? Bonus codes aren’t the answer; please don’t suggest that as a way to fix the problem. The tracking itself needs to be fixed.

If you are seriously investigating this, why not share a progress report here? I’m sure many people would be interested to know what the exact problem is and how you intend to fix it. (Well, I would be interested, at least).

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi guys,

We’ve sent out emails about this problem to our affiliates and we’ve had several announcements up in Income Access. We hear you though, and we will try to step it up a notch and give you more frequent updates as long as we have news to convey.

axl, there is no firm ETA for when everything will be back to normal. If there was, then you would know. I can tell you that we are hoping to have everything back up no later than April 1st.

In the meantime, please try to be patient. UB is working around the clock to get everything fixed and we’ll be sure to pass along any pertinent info.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ok, here’s the latest:

We have received some partial data from UltimateBet and we will be working to make sure the data is complete and valid before it is loaded into Income Access. Please continue to be patient as we verify the stats and continue to receive data from UB.

If all goes well, the UltimateBet stats will be appearing in the reports as usual by the beginning of next week.

We’ll be sure to give another update on Monday either way.

As always, if you have any questions in the meantime just send us an email at affiliateprogram@ultimatebet.com.

Have a good weekend.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)