Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

CSS Expert Needed

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

i know Jack Sh1t about code

I know know googles homepage has almost nothing on it ( a few links and a search tab etc)

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=www.google.com

51 errors lol – if google dont care, either do i

But you very much SHOULD make sure your code is good enough to display perfectly accross all browsers ( well FF, IE6, IE7 and maybe Safari).

But Rob, while i agree with you that anything you do should be done the right way, but within reason – we are all in this to make money and this is our business – It would be really stupid and unproductive of me to spend my time on somthing that will show no return and not make a single bit of difference to my bottom line – Bottom line is what counts.

neophyte
    neophyte
    Engineer wrote:
    I used to care about validation — then I realized the search engines didn’t care about it, so I stopped caring too.

they do.
    I have seen proof.
    broken html markup can make the s.es overlook the code that follows.

Anonymous
    Inactive

OMG, they forgot to put alt text for a few of their images. You don’t have a clue do you alex.

neophyte

I didn’t look to see what errors were on the page – I just validated it and saw errors…

not what you want to see when some moron offers to do your css for you..

oh by the way. :dafingers
    leaving alt-text out is bad for seo and accessiblity purposes.

yawn.

p.s.
    I suggest you comment on something you actually have a clue about.
    :flamer: :flamer: :flamer: :flamer:

Anonymous
    Inactive
    alexross wrote:
    oh by the way. :dafingers
    leaving alt-text out is bad for seo and accessiblity purposes.

Wow, what a revelation. You must really know your shit. Its a damn mock up you clown. The point is Kundan is a very good friend of mine, and no one wants to hear your gay little comments about how the design is no good because of a few simple errors that mean absolutely nothing when it comes to making money.

Its actually funny you commenting on his work. Your sites are the most boring unattractive sites I have seen. Whats even more funny is I think you have a web design company. I wouldn’t pay 10 cents to let you do any work for me if the sites I in your sig are any indication of your skills. Oh, my mistake, they must be great moneymakers because they validate. CLUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELESS

neophyte
    Bonusgeek wrote:
    The point is Kundan is a very good friend of mine

Big deal.

Bonusgeek wrote:
    no one wants to hear your gay little comments about how the design is no good because of a few simple errors that mean absolutely nothing when it comes to making money.

GAY COMMENTS? what the..? (I made constructive criticism. you are just an idiot Troll from what i can see).

Good html/xhtml is essential in maximising potential profits – since image alt-text (for example) is read by the s.engines, leaving it out affects your SEO, and therefore your rankings. sigh. anyway no more free lessons..

Buyer beware. I was pointing out the FACT that the your buddy’s design did not even comply with basic html guidelines as advocated by the world wide web consortium.. If your friend is so clueless as to whack out non-compliant websites to gullible suckers, good for him…

Bonusgeek wrote:
    Its actually funny you commenting on his work. Your sites are the most boring unattractive sites I have seen.

like your opinion matters – we are talking about markup, not design.

Bonusgeek wrote:
    Whats even more funny is I think you have a web design company. I wouldn’t pay 10 cents to let you do any work for me if the sites I in your sig are any indication of your skills. Oh, my mistake, they must be great moneymakers because they validate. CLUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELESS

I didn’t design most of em – however I OWN them.. and in fact a lot of them don’t validate – most are currently undergoing redesign and redevlopement so that they are 100% kosher – because they should be.

It is the duty of every “professional” developer to keep abreast of standards and embrace them. they are Standards for a reason.

p.s. you are clearly an idiot. :dafingers

:flamer:

Anonymous
    Inactive
    alexross wrote:
    great job.

Not.

This is the gay comment I was talking about tough guy. What are we 11 years old now. I quit doing that in junior high. Fckin moron.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I guess I should comment as it`s my site in question: :Nod:

– the example you are viewing was not a final result
    – the non validated code was mainly cause of missing alt tags and I don`t expect that a guy from India understands my language so why would he fill the alt tags for me?
    – I ordered design and coding services, not SEO
    – code was 100% valid when the project was finished
    – I wanted to have it validated cause if we do things let`s do it properly but validation wasn`t my main concern
    – kundan did a great job and was a pleasure to work with him
    – thanks for your worries about my site :wavey:

cheers

supervince

I think this thread started to get a little out of hand. It was never my intention to mock anyone or their website so if anyone took it that way then I apologize for that. A lot of people are non techie and its understandable that if its going to take hours to fix some errors then yes your time could be better spent on other things. I fix errors quick and I’m so picky about code because I’m a coder. I was also military so I am used to having a specific set of standards to follow and attention to detail. If you happy with your website then leave it as is. If you want a valid xhtml/css layout and cant do it yourself, hire someone that will do it right.

neophyte
    damiandunlap wrote:
    Kundan, has help me with alot of sites. He is a designer and not a coder.

well he did a great job with the design of the site mentioned in this thread without question, and the development isn’t bad either (altho why on earth would you use html css and a transitional DTD? – why support deprecated elements)

Offering Css /html design which doesnt validate was bound to lead to replies like “ahem” and so on from other webdevvers who ensure that their work validates before they show it off- so no disrespect to kundan..

in my opinion, let the designers design, and the developers devlelop. Most people cannot excel at both.

anyway enough ..
    Peace and love to y’all =)

neophyte
    damiandunlap wrote:
    he site designs, has not hurt any of my sites. And I and others will keep sending him business

it’s not about hurting – its about stifling your sites potential to rank better. sigh.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Rob472 wrote:
    I think this thread started to get a little out of hand. It was never my intention to mock anyone or their website so if anyone took it that way then I apologize for that. A lot of people are non techie and its understandable that if its going to take hours to fix some errors then yes your time could be better spent on other things. I fix errors quick and I’m so picky about code because I’m a coder. I was also military so I am used to having a specific set of standards to follow and attention to detail. If you happy with your website then leave it as is. If you want a valid xhtml/css layout and cant do it yourself, hire someone that will do it right.

That sums it up about right Rob. If I had the knowhow I would take the time also.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Geez, I am glad to see this thread has calmed down.

Please don’t be insulting each other anymore, we don’t do that at CAP.

I didn’t even read the thread til now, since I know nothing about coding. Someone just pointed it out to me.

At CAP we help each other get ahead, that’s what the board is all about.

Constructive criticism is good, insults are against the rules.

I don’t want to spend my last day in the Bahamas editing insults and profanities out of people’s posts.

As far as websites go, if visitors can get around to use it properly, google indexes and ranks it properly and it makes money, it’s all good.

Doesn’t mean a site couldn’t be better, but different people will apply themselves to different aspects of marketing, and there is nothing wrong with that. If it works for you, it works just fine.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)