Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

CSS Expert Needed

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I need a css expert to convert a 1 html template page to css, i tryed doing it myself but cant get it to display right in firefox and dont have the time to play around with it.

Please Pm me

supervince
    cyclone wrote:
    I need a css expert to convert a 1 html template page to css, i tryed doing it myself but cant get it to display right in firefox and dont have the time to play around with it.

Please Pm me

I can do it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Cool,

sending you a pm

Darkwing

Hello Sir
    can be done :)

just finished this site in CSS

http://www.customwebsitetemplate.com/betting-corner.com/

cyclone wrote:

Please Pm me

supervince
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Just to let every one know Rob is doing this for me.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Your code is not valid

I used to care about validation — then I realized the search engines didn’t care about it, so I stopped caring too.

I used to spend hours trying to figure out why something wasn’t validating. Sometimes it would be something stupid like having an ampersand symbol somewhere on the page. The “proper” way to show an ampersand is by writing: & a m p ; (the only way I can get it to display properly here is to add spaces between each letter. Within the HTML, there wouldn’t be any spaces between the letters). Why & a m p ; is the “proper” way is beyond me — it’s longer than simply writing “&” and it requires an ampersand symbol anyway! Go figure.

Anyway, my current philosophy is, “if it looks good, it works for me.” :)

Darkwing

Hi
    ok nopb wishing u all the best :)

:hattip:

cyclone wrote:
    Just to let every one know Rob is doing this for me.
    Anonymous
    Inactive

validation really does not matter at all!!! i get awesome rankings and my site does not validate, LOL

supervince

True validation doesn’t mean much to google but does that mean its ok? If your going to do something do it the right way. This is your job.

supervince

Project completed. Anyone else need it done just let me know.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I only use the validator to find open/missing or improperly nested html tags.
    Most of the affiliate banner code does not validate anyway.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Rob472 wrote:
    True validation doesn’t mean much to google but does that mean its ok? If your going to do something do it the right way. This is your job.

Actually validation doesn’t mean much to ANYONE at all.

supervince

Actually yes it does. People that care about web standards, pages rendering properly across many browsers and faster page loading, care about validation. While I agree that dumb little this like & vs &amp ; or > vs /> have no affect what so ever on the above its not the point. There is a right way and wrong way to do things. Just because it works doesn’t mean thats how its supposed to be done. If your going to tell the web browser what doctype to render your page in, you should be conforming to the rules of that doctype.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Its pretty simple. If you have any errors that would hinder the search bots from crawling your site, or any type of usability errors, then you should take the time to fix it. Anything else is waste of time and it would behoove you to spend that time building links or something that will bear fruit.

The problem is many of us in this business are not programers, so spending hours upon hours to fix something just so some website can give you a 100% score is silly, unless the errors are causing any genuine problems with your visitors or the bots. But I understand how some people are ficklers about things being right, and if it gives you peace of mind to fix all these errors, spend a nominal fee get er done. But I personally don’t sweat it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)