Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

CAP Spring Break 2008?

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 121 total)
  • Author
    BigKahuna

I can see the positive sides of it. Especially when it comes to ride on ICE and EIG. I just thought about the weather, England, in january *shiver*

I think Barcelona was very nice in every way. The hotell was really nice, just to bad it was a bit off. But overall, top notch.

I think the issue is about location outside Europe or not. As you said, one major thing about CAP is about meeting up and having a good time togheter. Can we do this and at the same time have a really nice location, its a plus.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I really don’t like January in London – not at all. The Bahamas – I was cool with that. Barcelona – not being a young macho male I didn’t feel safe in the streets after all the reports of muggings.

But – the piggybacking is really a big part of what makes the conferences so successful.

There are quite a few of them, and piggybacking might be achieved by choosing some others around the globe.

Here are some: http://www.ateonline.co.uk/103/index.php

Looks like Malta is getting popular – sounds like fun. But there are also summer conferences in London.

The thing is – both affiliates and programs have a budget for these type things. Jetsetting is a fun way of life, but it’s also expensive.

The easiest way to assure a successful conference is to piggiback with the most popular ones, and that is what CAP is doing, and it sure works.

I’d rather go to a conference in a venue I am not fond of that has everyone attending whom I might want to talk to. There will always be fun things to do, no matter where we are. I have never been to a well attended industry conference that didn’t rock. No matter where and when it was.

dehghan

Guys let’s not forget we are spoiled: CAP organizing all this great stuff is really something to value, so no matter if the weather is a little worse, think of the cost and hard work for CAP to organize all this stuff for us.

Alex, some questions though most people are probably interested in:

1. If we will go on a med cruise (which is really cool), how much would it cost and how long will it take? Where do you plan to stop (which cities?)
    2. Do you leave enough room for people to attend to CAC Moscow (7-8 June) ?
    3. I heard something about a PAP Conference in Sweden, any more news on that one (dates, plans)
    4. Can you tell us about the plans next year?

Please try to answer all questions as detailed as possible. Lot’s of affiliates like to know the future ;)

dehghan

WHOOPS,..totally forgot to ask the most important question LOL:

Will there be ASOPS during the spring break and sweden event :P ?

jorisdekkers;150256 wrote:
    Guys let’s not forget we are spoiled: CAP organizing all this great stuff is really something to value, so no matter if the weather is a little worse, think of the cost and hard work for CAP to organize all this stuff for us.

1. If we will go on a med cruise (which is really cool), how much would it cost and how long will it take? Where do you plan to stop (which cities?)
    3. I heard something about a PAP Conference in Sweden, any more news on that one (dates, plans)

Please try to answer all questions as detailed as possible. Lot’s of affiliates like to know the future ;)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Cruise! Weeee….. :D:hattip:

Anonymous
    Inactive

@jorisdekkers 150256 wrote:

Right

1. We are negotiating the best possible deal we can get so will get a cost that no one else can simply get phoning up and again we will relay this cost straight onto the affiliate. It is likely to be a 4 or 5 night cruise starting in Barcelona and working its way around Italy – The boat is docked each day and I believe only sails at night – ALSO – Anyone concerned about sea sickness the Med is as calm as can be so you have no worries there. These boats are like mini cities with so much stuff on them it is silly! It should be a lot of fun!

2. It will be very tight – Springbreak has always been at the end of May begining of June so I am not sure why CAC has been planned in here but to be honest Springbreak isn’t about 1000’s of people. Anyone that has been before will tell; you it is a really relaxed affair where people have well earned holiday whilst doing a bit of business. I have to say Springbreak has been my best event every year since I started attending both for personal and business reasons – It is an amazing party an experience and best of all I can do business in flip flops and shorts with a huge cocktail!
    I also suspect Moscow although a good idea is likely to be much like Montreal and Macau with small attendance.

3.This is something we are planning – We want to do it this year and it is likely to be in August in Stockholm however it is not going to be a huge exhibition type event but more a really good conference with smaller stands. We will be completely concentrating on poker at the event and will be looking to get really high end content and top notch people to the event. I expect around 150 – 250 in attendance

4. I think that is the plans so far :sarcasm: What we really don’t want to do is saturate this market with hundreds of events that aren’t goinmg to be of any use to us, the sponsors and importantly the attendees (affiliates) but if there is a gap and you want us to host something tell us and we will investigate it

Oh – And as long as the law allows it there will be an ASOP at every event we do

franklin
    Quote:
    Springbreak…I also suspect Moscow although a good idea is likely to be much like Montreal and Macau with small attendance.

Alex… call me extremely biased Montreal sounds great:inlove:, especially in Summer, there is so much to do here (street festivals, great food to eat and entertainment) and cool places to hang out and dare I say it is our home ;).

Anonymous
    Inactive

Has anything been decided yet? It seems as I can not find any info, yet my GPWA magazine list June 7-8 as dates.
    Am I missing finding a thread?

Anonymous
    Inactive

no cruise……:unhappy:
    it will be cyprus in may

Anonymous
    Inactive

Its not official yet but it is extremely likely it will be the week commencing May 19th and will be in Cyprus. Unfortunately the cruise company was going to charge extortionate rates, i.e. just over a £1,000 per person based on 2 and a 100% single supplement fee so just over £2,000 if you came on your own and this was for just a 5 day cruise so we didn’t both going with them in the end. I was gutted as I think it would have been brilliant.

BUT

don’t worry Cyprus is going to be amazing! Sasha is out there investigating everything we can do and she is mreporting good things :tongue: . Hopefully we will be able to hire a whole resort and one we have already found is on a private beach, has 4 bars 20 acres of gardens, 2 pools etc. etc. This woudl be amazing as it would mean anyone you meet anywhere in the hotel from the bar to the beach will be one of us :rockband:

Also, not sure if you have read at PAP we are going to preceed CAP Spring Break with a poker specific conference which is promising to be a really useful event if you promote or are interested in promoting poker as it will cover every area of that niche with some of the biggest poker affiliates already pormising to attend. So this is the plan

Day 1 – Poker Conference
    Day 2 – Poker Conference/CAP SpringBreak Registration opens
    Day 3 – CAP Spring Break
    Day 4 – CAP Spring Break

Although the event is 4 days we will also look at getting cheap rates either side of these so people can make it a week long holiday if they like.

If all goes to plan Sasha will be back on Friday from Cyrpus and we will then firm up the venue and details and get an announcment out late next week

Anonymous
    Inactive

Oh yeah! Bring on Cyprus!!!

That sounds totally cool :) :) and a 2 (events) in one is a definite bonus – more parties! :) :) (oh and time to do biz of course ;) )

Can’t wait!

pokersavvy

Are you sure 19th of May, Alex?

It’s my 30th on the 21st …not sure I will be able to make it:(

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Jacqui 153442 wrote:

Are you sure 19th of May, Alex?

It’s my 30th on the 21st …not sure I will be able to make it:(

That is the exact reason why you should be there!! I promise it will be your best birthday ever plus it means you will have a tan for your bday and you can have two parties.:rockband:

pokersavvy

Does that mean you are paying for ALL the drinks – Alex :)

Must admit the idea of a Summer bday is very appealing!!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just read on one site that local beer is around C£1 and a bottle of local wine is C£2.50 – Exchange rate is one Cyprus pound to 1.27 UK pounds – Happy days!!! All drinks on mel!!*

*Defination of all drinks is .65 of a pint per head – amounts may not be exchanged between persons…whew!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 121 total)