Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

CAP Spring Break 2008?

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 121 total)
  • Author
    dehghan

Hi

will there be a cap 2008 spring break? IF yes, then where and when?

and can you (someone) give the plans/dates for future ?

Thx!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I hope it’s before June this year! Otherwise it should be “Summer Break!”

Anonymous
    Inactive

I heard it was either going to be in Malta or a Cruise somewhere in Europe.

Anonymous
    Inactive

i am excited just thinking about it. please update us ASAP.

cap spring break is one of my favorite events

thanks!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ditto! A cruise wow that would be soo cool but a tad worrisome with this industry.. “man overboard” :roflmao:

poluroud20

If on a cruise, affiliates couldn’t escape until they jump off :tongue:

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have a call set up with the Prof and War this week to try and finalise Spring Break – It is likely to be a cruise in the Med which we have managed to get a really good deal on. If all goes to plan it should be amazing! The great thing about a cruise is that we won’t be able to lose each other like in the Bahamas, pklus it gives you a chance to see a lot more places in Europe on one trip.

Dates wise – It is likely to be end of May or begining of June as we didn’t want to put it too close to Amsterdam.

On another note I think there may also be an unofficial CAP Spring Break organised state side where a venue and dates are picked and people can just turn up and meet like the old days – Unfortunately with the current situation there are not a lot of programs that want to sponsor US facing events and the ones that will possible sponsor can’t send their reps to the event anyway.

Hoipefully more details will follow within a week – My aim is to have it all sorted by London

Anonymous
    Inactive

A cruise would be excellent, particularly around May-June.

Just hope no one’ll get sea sick :flush:

Anonymous
    Inactive

For me cruise sux, i was looking forward to Cancun, Mexico.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@eclipse 150075 wrote:

For me cruise sux, i was looking forward to Cancun, Mexico.

Me too! I am gutted we won’t be partying on the beach in Mexico.

Unfortunately in the present climate it is next to impossible to get the sponsors for parties, dinners or anything which just makes it impossible to organise the event. The Bahamas ended up losing CAP a lot of money and as the sponsors wern’t jumping over themselves again to get involved with Springbreak in Mexico we had to make a decision to either stop the event until the US became more “friendly” or move it to Europe for the time being.

Believe me, as soon as they make the smallest change in the US we will have the biggest parties ever seen from Miami to Cancun.

Anonymous
    Inactive

You could always head to Kahnawake :D

Anonymous
    Inactive

well…..
    never been to a Spring-Break b4…

Europe isn’t that bad for us:)
    :tongue:

Anonymous
    Inactive

If you’re going to do a cruise why not do in the Caribbean?

I know a lot of people didn’t go to spring break in the Bahamas because of the time of the year. I almost did not go because of this. It felt a little silly leaving warm North America (might be tough for people in california and Florida to relate) during the short summer to go to the Bahamas during rainy season.

BigKahuna

@antoine 150133 wrote:

If you’re going to do a cruise why not do in the Caribbean?

I know a lot of people didn’t go to spring break in the Bahamas because of the time of the year. I almost did not go because of this. It felt a little silly leaving warm North America (might be tough for people in california and Florida to relate) during the short summer to go to the Bahamas during rainy season.

Same here. I’m a little puzzled that there is an event in London during the worst possible weather and trips to warm places in the middle in summer (almost). London is a very beautiful place in spring/summer and for us northern Europeans the short summer is valuable.
    A suggestion for next year is to switch. Let’s go to Bahamas in the middle of the rainy winter and visit London when the weather is better.

A cruise in the Med would be really, really nice though.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The reason we do have London in Jan was to piggy back the ICE exhibition which many operators and some affiliates attended already so it made sense to put them together because it means you get two shows for one and more parties witghout having to make two trips – We did the same with Barcelona in October piggy backing EIG

That said – It doesn’t have to be this way – We can move events around however we have to ensure two things if we do:

1. Affiliates still come in their high numbers as this means operators will still sponsor and exhibit thus making it a viable event and importantly free for affiliates

2. Operators will still come (even if they have to make two trips) and exhibit/sponsor making it a viable event and importantly free for affiliates

The important thing we all know is affiliates come first – It is how CAP has always done business, whether it is a magazine, portal, or event you always are the priority and we have to make the proposal to you as attractive as possible whether this be parties and free entry or free subscriptions because your buy in is what makes the operators step up.

SO

If enough people want to see changes – we could look at that these no problem. Some things like Barcelona are already signed up so we can’t change them but going forward we could move things around in 2009

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 121 total)