Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

Yahoooooo?

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

What is Yahoo showing now? It doesn’t look like Google to me even though it is using a similar format… caching pages, etc… the “search partner” is now “BETA”. The descriptions are definitely not the Google descriptions.

Also, my logs show “Yahoo! Slurp” or something similar… does this mean that Yahoo has switched to Inktomi already?

I also thought MSN was using Inktomi but that also does not appear to be the case – it is making all links direct…

Going to be a roller coaster ride for the next few weeks I think… I have moderate positions in all three so I have some work ahead of me – but it’s not like the mountain I would have had to climb in the past.

Anonymous
    Inactive

it is using the inktomi results enhanced by the staff from it’s crawl which looks like (based on the crawler alerts service notifications http://www.crawler-alert.com ) the allthe web staff
    /Janet

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hmm… the alltheweb staff…

Have you seen any discussions related to this? I wonder what staff are doing “enhancing” listings :)

Anonymous
    Inactive

… and as long as we’re discussion search engines, Google just took a turn for the worse… even more crap showing up high in the rankings…

vladcizsol

Classics posted a link to a Search Engine Watch article about the Yahoo changes in the public area. Its an excellent read and a good indicator of where all this is headed.

I am estatic! We will finally be out from under the Grey Google skies of late and have a much better chance of getting organic search traffic again!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just saw that – kind of an interesting read but I am not a member of SEW – does anyone by chance have access to the whole article?

And what about Inktomi? This is a bit of a strange twist but I did say that the new results didn’t resemble what I was seeing at MSN… and of course MSN will soon change yet again with their own engine…

I think the mad scramble starts as of today :)

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am getting more MSN and Yahoo hits and less google.

I am being spidered like crazy by everyone.

I will be happy to see the monopoly lifted.

Anonymous
    Inactive

… but Slurp is also getting smarter :)

Quote:
    Dynamic links: Slurp now has the ability to crawl dynamic links or dynamically generated documents.

If your web site is based on dynamic links and you want your site to appear in our search engine, one approach is to have some static pages which have links to your dynamic pages. Some static pages can provide information about your web site and services, others can provide indices or directories into your site.

http://www.inktomi.com/slurp.html

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)