Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

Woo Hoo! Its open season! Our New Gun Laws Rock!

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    vladcizsol

Criminals will have to think twice before they victimize anyone in Florida!

Our new gun laws went into effect as of Oct. 1st and I think we can expect even less crime here now. Needless to say the media isnt as thrilled as us gun owners…

http://video.msn.com/v/us/v.htm?g=64b30595-6c5c-44e5-961e-70f883e2b3af&t=c150&f=06/64&p=News_Top News

Anonymous
    Inactive

Damn the politicians down there sure are ignorant either that or rich from getting paid by gun lobbyist! Who defines threatened, that is very subjective! I’m sure this moronic law will give imbeciles the self-power to tote around a gun, shoot and ask questions later.

Say you’re in a restaurant and someone gives you a dirty look then they get up to go to the restroom, which happens to be in your direction. You think they are coming at you and feel threatened so you pull out your Glock and cap em’! You have a dozen witnesses who say they saw the dirty look as well and that half of them seen the dead man walking toward you. Your doctor testifies you scare easily and you are free from prosecution – BS!

Must be a bush thing :banger: sure seems like a stupid to me! Course the media could have the interpretation of the law all screwed up and presenting a skewed story.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m with you Professor … this is great news for freedom lovers and people

who know history … guns in the hands of the common folks

LOWERS crime and allows one the freedom to protect oneself and his

or her loved ones. Those that don’t believe in this kind of law

should consider looking at the countries that ban guns the most and maybe

consider moving there … ie Russia, Cuba, China etc. etc.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    aleph wrote:
    I’m with you Professor … this is great news for freedom lovers and people

who know history … guns in the hands of the common folks

LOWERS crime and allows one the freedom to protect oneself and his

or her loved ones. Those that don’t believe in this kind of law

So all those empirical evidence that point out that guns in the hands of the common man does NOT lover crime, are just plain wrong? Have you had a look at the statistics and compared US to any other civilized country in the world? You guys have more guys killed by guns then Afghanistan…..

So every country who argues that you have to have more than a drivers licence is communists? Back to McCarthy’s
    doctrine of ‘unAmericanism are we ?

But I would sure love to be enlightened as to how history has proven that guns in the hands of the common folks has lowered crime??

That being said…if it was legal around here I would have my own little arsenal….doesn’t make it right though…
    :)

vladcizsol
    Quote:
    But I would sure love to be enlightened as to how history has proven that guns in the hands of the common folks has lowered crime??

Anyone who try’s commiting a home invasion or crime on MY property or tries car jacking ME will be enlightened immediately.

Criminals have no respect of the law and are armed anyways. At least in Florida we are guaranteed the right to defend ourselves. In other areas you are basically at the mercy of indiviudals who have no mercy. No thanks, I ‘ll stay here.

Anonymous
    Inactive

It’s an argument that can go either way. Obviously lack of guns or an increase in the number of guns is not going to make crime go away or make crime increase. If someone wants a gun they can buy one illegally.

Obviously tough sentencing is not going to reduce crime either. The USA has stronger sentencing than any other 1st world country yet still has 10 times the murder rate of Canada and most European countries.

I applaud this law for bringing freedom to its people. But the only thing that will truly make everyone safe is a change in attitude. Instead of spending 5 million dollars to keep someone in jail for life they could prevent the crime from happening in the first place by reducing poverty, increasing literary and making schools safe.

That’s my take on it!

Antoine

Anonymous
    Inactive

Guns only serve one purpose, kill. Being from Canada the attitude towards Guns is less than favorable. On the other hand if you live in a area, be it Florida, were guns are all over, if you can’t beat them join them. I think the documentary By Micheal Moore really explored the revelancy on gun procession or obsession. My take is, I hate the darn guns, I would rather use a spear maybe a taser or my wife as a shield. Big topic, in fact everything thing seems to be a big topic, must be to much philososphy. Does a person really have to die for a car jacking? the criminals Florida produces are products of the society. greek39

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m not really interested in getting into the whole is it good or not argument, but I wanted to comment on the statement that guns are only good to kill. I disagree with this. Where I live, which is in the middle of nowhere, it is well known that I have guns, as I shoot them occasionaly to remind my neighbors, and if you break into a house you could be shot. Most of my neighbors have guns also. I have never had to shoot an intruder, and I feel that one reason I haven’t is because a possible intruder may look somewhere where it is less likely to die to do their intruding. So guns can be a deterent also.

Anonymous
    Inactive

A law banning the sale of assault weapons has expired, which means it’s now legal to buy Uzis and AK 47s. The NRA said that now its owners can protect their families from up to 200 burglars at once.
    — Conan OBrien

I am a little lost for words. greek39

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have no problem with Gun toting Americans toting guns at each other
    … as long as they stay there ..
    :hehe:

Anonymous
    Inactive
    greek39 wrote:
    A law banning the sale of assault weapons has expired, which means it’s now legal to buy Uzis and AK 47s. The NRA said that now its owners can protect their families from up to 200 burglars at once.
    — Conan OBrien

I am a little lost for words. greek39

LOL :bigsmile:

Anonymous
    Inactive
    TheGooner wrote:
    I have no problem with Gun toting Americans toting guns at each other
    … as long as they stay there ..
    :hehe:

great post Gooner :)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Those that don’t believe in this kind of law

England :D

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)