Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

Who’s Attending the Vegas Conference?

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Antoine all the best with this.

If anyone can turn a negative into a positive it would be you.

:rolleyes:

Anonymous
    Inactive

Make sure you deal with the best of tax lawyers before entering bancruptcy. I have talked to people who seriously regretted it.

Sometimes there are other ways not to pay.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Antoine,

Canada is a nice country, I like to get up to Vancouver and Victoria B.C. every once in a while, but their tax system SUCKS!!

Sorry to hear they are putting the screws to you.

Anonymous

Marinersfan. I’ve lived in both places, and that’s a myth in United States that we pay a lot more in taxes.

The GST is a huge pain in the ass, but it’s just a tax you SEE, whereas once it was hidden, as it is hidden in the states.

Income taxes are comparable.

I donno what’s up with Antoine’s taxes, but I can tell you I have friends in U.S. who were screwed as badly or worse by the I.R.S. Of course, if they had kept their books better and filed properly, they could have avoided it……..

If you take into consideration that employer-based health insurance costs the individual somewhere in the neighborhood of $150.00+ a month plus co-pay plus deductible, then I’d say we’re paying a lot less for more services in all.

Another point: The united states pays more of their tax dollars per capita than Canada or any other western country towards health care – by a large amount – yet not everyone is covered.

Just had to clear that one up.

Yeah, Vancouver and Victoria rocks. Especially Victoria.

:bigsmile: I live about 1.5 hours north of Victoria, on the island.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Fergie,

Not sure where you lived in the USA, but I have also resided and paid income taxes in the USA and Canada and I can tell you that my US income taxes (Washington State) were much less. My girlfriend who’s a Chartered accountant worked it out for one year and I would have paid $95,000 taxes if I was in Canada, but I paid just under $50,000 in Washington. Thats a big difference I think.

What’s more is, the income needed to hit the highest US tax bracket is much higher than in Canada, about 3 times higher if my memory serves me correct.

By the way, I grew up about 1.5 hours north of Victoria also, are we talking about Nanaimo?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hell!

Between Fergie, Kevin, the M’s fan and myself… we could have our own little mini-conference right here!

We should plan one for mid-July… when the weather is perfect!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Not one penny of income tax goes to the US Treasury, but rather 100% of the tax collected goes directly to the private Federal Reserve banks. The IRS acts EXCLUSIVELY as the collection department of the private Federal Reserve banking system.

If you truly understand what you have just read you have succeeded in getting out of the Matrix and understanding
    the New World Order.

:rolleyes:

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for all of your kind words, and for wishing me luck. I have never lived in the USA so I cant state either way that our taxes are worse or vice versa. It would nonetheless be a nice pointless debate. My tax problems are mainly due to a company I incorporated in 2000, I lost all of the money i invested in this company (which was almost all of my money), and since I lost that money I didn’t have money to pay the taxes owed for that year. In 2001 my business partner screwed me over so a similar scenario occured where i could not afford paying taxes. I could barely afford paying a lawyer, and I had $50 bucks in the bank at one time. Of course during all of this time interest and penalties accrued on money that was lost in the first place.

A bankruptcy looks like the most viable option, maybe Revenue Canada would settle. I have had this Revenue Canada problem hanging over my head for the last 4 years, I would be more than happy if they could take everything I have so that I could get a fresh start. From what they are telling me they are ready to liquidate my bank account and cease my house, and I would still be paying for the next dozen years anyway.

I’m also sorry for this topic getting off course, it was supposed to be about how many people are attending the conference in Las Vegas.

Antoine

Anonymous
    Inactive

I had an IRS problem once connected with the sale of some rental property.

It all boiled down to my holding a sum of money in an account for ten days, when I was only supposed to for 7 days. The fact that the 10 days contained Christmas and New Years holidays was not taken into account.

If I had been able to move it after 7 days I would not have had to pay taxes on it, but since it took ten days to move it I owed the full amount.

Nuts.

Anonymous

I agree with Integrity.
    4 that live in this neck of the woods that we know of…
    We should organize a little west coast conference!
    I bet a lot of people would be interested, even if they don’t live all that close.
    It’s paradise in the summer here.
    :bigsmile:

Antoine, do you have a tax lawyer?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I also love vancouver island in the summer. I went there last year and went Orca watching in Nanaimo. The gf and i would move there in a heartbeat if she didn’t have family in this area.
    I’m sure a lot of Canadian and seattle area affiliates would be willing to meet in Victoria.

I’m meeting someone friday who deals with negotiating with Revenue Canada.

Antoine

Anonymous
    Inactive

A West Coast meet and greet would be alot of fun!

Summer up here is beautiful…

Mini conference or informal fun, it wouldnt matter to me, it would be entertaining regardless.

Anonymous
    Inactive

We really ought to organize an informal get together!

I could take the ferry to Victoria… I’ve been to Vancouver many times, but never to the island. I hear it’s wonderful!

All we’de have to do is pick a date and pick a place… but what is there to do in Victoria in the summer?

============================================

ANYONE INTERESTED IN THIS WHO’S NOT FROM THE PACIFIC NORTHWEST… during July up here:

…it seems every day is clear blue skies…

…its about 75 to 80 degrees during the day…

…the nights cool to about 60…

…it almost NEVER rains….

…humidity is low low low….

…the sun comes up at 5am and goes down at 10pm…

…the air up here is cleaner than you will find ANYWHERE else in the U.S.

Dom, yer not that far away… Bernie, you either!

Anonymous
    Inactive

There’s lots to do in Victoria. Here’s a sample of things:

• Mini Harbour cruise
    • Rent scooters and go crazy touring the city
    • Pub Crawls!!!!
    • Noon tea at the famour Empress Hotel
    • Lots of museums and tourist attractions
    • Salmon Fishing charter
    • and much more

Almost forgot, a short trip to the Sooke Potholes on the west coast is incredible. It’s an oceanside paradise.

It’s a nice laid back city and one of the most beautiful cities I’ve seen.

Anonymous

Victoria’s been rated in the top ten beautiful cities in the world.

Walking around during tourist season, you’re more likely to hear languages other than english, there are so many tourists.

All the great museums, coffee shops, pubs, scooters, the aquarium, wax museum and everything mentioned and forgotten are within walking distance from each other. My brother lives right in that neighborhood – lucky sot!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)