Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

Which Browser

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

What browser do you all use. I use to use xp, then vista, I have heard that Firefox is the most uniform browser, where it pretty much looks the same when viewed on any browser.

Any opinions?

Thanks

As an interface i use XP and my browser is Firefox.

I believe that most of the peoples who use web more regularly uses firefox.

Anonymous
    Inactive

all geeks and those that use the web for work tend to use firefox because its faster and has a lot more features (like plugins).

i only use IE for testing or when a website doesn’t display properly in firefox. happens occasionally but not too often.

Shad Lee

I’m running Vista, with Firefox & I.E.

I’m a big promoter of Firefox, and only use I.E when I have to.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I use firefox as my default browser – I just find it more user friendly and asthetically appealing, but for testing purposes I always use both FF and IE.

Cheers,

jim1993

Mac OSX, FF, Safari, Opera

peecee windoze XP just for testing: FF, Internet Exploder (standards? what´s that?), Opera.

PS: don´t forget Opera, nowadays it has about 7-8% marketshare and growing! This is probabilly the most precice and sensitive browser of all! Also almost all mobile internet surfing gadgets are utilizing opera´s technology.

FF´s growth has become very slow, grew maybe 5% in the last 2 years.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Firefox is the more compliant browser. Most problems arise in the way FF and IE handle css margins/padding and a few others as well.

You’ll rack your brain trying to get things to render the way you want in both browsers unless you first Google margins and/or padding in Firefox or IE and review the ton of information including hacks and workarounds.

Although I hear IE 8 is out. Anyone use it yet?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I use FF but it does suck the juice from my computer, runs very slowly sometimes.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I used to use IE, then switched to Firefox when they introduced tabbed browsing although I found it too slow and clunky, so when IE added tabbed browsing, I switched back.

From a developing perspective, FF is more compliant but that means more strict and IE is more forgiving. The sensible option is to develop in FF because it’s more likely to work in IE by default, but to be honest FF drives me nuts so I only worry about IE and if it works in FF aswell, it’s a bonus. As an aside, 17.1% of all my users use FF.

I must admit, I don’t really understand why people prefer FF myself. And life as a developer was so much easier after Netscape bombed and we only had to worry about one browser :D

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank goodness for Simmo once again :) I thought I was the lone wolf out there still using IE, I can’t be bothered with all the annoying plug ins that FF requires and all the other hassles that come with it.

biggyg

I have both but by default use IE still.

Anonymous
    Inactive

What my visitors use:

Browsers (Top 10)
    Browsers

Hits

Percent
    MS Internet Explorer

76.6 %
    Unknown

11.3 %
    Firefox

6.1 %
    Mozilla

1.9 %
    Netscape

1.5 %
    NewsGator (RSS Reader)–13803

0.9 %
    Safari

0.6 %
    Opera

0.4 %
    LibWWW-perl

0 %
    BonEcho(Firefox 2.0 development)–1180

0 %
    Others

0.2 %

Anonymous
    Inactive

The “Unknown” browsers will be spiders and stuff like that so you can largely discount that stat Dom.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yep, not worried about those, they just make the numbers pan out in the end. :hattip:

They are a source of worry on another note though – there are a lot of grabbers today that pretend to be googlebot.

For bigger sites or people who get copied a lot, it is good practice to match the google bots to actual google IPs and block the ones that don’t match up.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks to all of you who replied.

Some very use full info in the replies ya’ll gave.

Thank you,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)