Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

What Is Your Policy On This ?

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

When a competing affiliate purposely reports your website to your host and accuses it of wrong doing in order to try and have it removed, even though you have done absolutely nothing wrong, the only motive being a cowardly way to exact some revenge, as the parties involved know, and hate eachother

And then keeps reporting your site over and over again, until it is finally removed by your host

What would you do ?

vladcizsol

I dont think anyone would support such behavior.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Professor wrote:
    I dont think anyone would support such behavior.

Agreed but only IF it’s true.

I don’t know what happened but if “absolutely nothing wrong” was done, why would he take the time to repeatedly contact your host, and why would they effectively take down the site?

If you want an unbiased opinion on the situation, you need to give more details.. unbiased ones, preferably.

vladcizsol
    Quote:
    If you want an unbiased opinion on the situation, you need to give more details

Definately agreed

Anonymous
    Inactive

Nothing wrong from a business standpoint was done, but you have your typical name calling threatening, defammation of character in a public light, etc, etc…

Like me telling either one of you guys to F Off, and you get so filled with online rage, that you choose to exact revenge by taking this particular course of action, not that i ever would say that to someone, unless they really had it coming, as you can see i have been a member here for quite a while, and have never shown any signs of hostility, it is not my nature, nevertheless, i do have a mean streak just the same, when someone rubs me the wrong way

That example basically sums up the situation

It’s someone who was on my msn for a while, which should indicate that a falling out took place at some point

vladcizsol

Sounds like an unpleasant situation. I dont have an answer to this one.

On one hand I dont advocate attacking someones lively hood over an argument. On the other hand I understand that its not always advisable to antagonize people, online or offline.

If you were to say F off to some men they would say “same to you fella” and that would be that. Other men would react differently, I suspect if you said F off to Mike Tyson his response would be more forceful.

Would you be within your rights to sue Mike Tyson after/if you recovered? Would Mike be wrong in most peoples eyes for the resulting carnage? Would Mike be subject to criminal charges? The answer is probably yes, but that hardly minimizes the damages done.

Unfortunately, sometimes we get involved in situations we would have been better off avoiding. If it’s at all possible I would attempt to work something out where both parties retain their honor and the feud ends.

Not much help I know, but thats an oppinion. As far as policy goes, I am not sure that terminolgy applies to this instance.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sounds to me like your host isn’t worth anything anyway if he removes you for no good reason on someone’s say-so.

I have been on the receiving end of a hate campaign and I do know how you feel. There is not much you can do though in some situations.

I just walked away from it and that is what I recommend to you. Look at my signature.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Geez, that sucks.

But I mean, there’s sections on some black hat forums dedicated to getting your competitor kicked out of the search engine rankings (from Google bowling to filing a DCMA complaint against them on Yahoo), so there are certainly a lot of others who have had to deal with similar annoyances.

I think that the anonymity of the internet can contribute to this certainly. I mean, if these people really knew who was behind the websites, and how they depend on the income, then maybe things would change…

Anonymous

and how they depend on the income, then maybe things would change…

I totally agree. same goes with getting shaved. I can remember writing aff managers telling them “hey look, I’ve got a family that depends on my income. I’m doing my very best to make us both money. Don’t run me off. I have to make money because I spend it to get traffic. Its that simple.”

hasn’t always fell on deaf ears. There were times when my income did turn around and I feel that was a part of the reason.

Its much easier to steal from a faceless account than to steal from the mouths of children.

Perhaps everyone should consider who they are really hurting before they act, rather than find out later.

In this case, I’m sure Nick has dependents also who will be the first to suffer; not him, other than his knowing he wasn’t able to provide.

you go after someone’s livelyhood you almost always are going to hurt people, often children, who had nothing to do with the quarrel that started the feud.

A really low-rent angle for revenge if there ever was one.

on a brief side note I hope that Nick also considers the above, who it was in his side that was hurt the most by this action, and thus when he gets the chance to get even, that he takes a higher road than this person chose; even though it would be perfectly understandable if he didn’t.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Step 1
    Get a new host pronto. Don’t let your site be down for too long, that’s just money out the window.

Step 2
    Seek legal council.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Now, what if i told you that the perpetrator’s of this heinous act are members of this forum ?

Anonymous
    Inactive

And it is in fact someone who is a member here, and they have done the same thing in the past to other website owners, i have been told

I will not name names, but i will kick the living crap out of him, first chance i get

:banger:

vladcizsol

Why isnt this a surprising turn in the thread? I am moving this down to the Free for All area and hoping it doesnt develop into a problem. We dont want flame wars or vendettas spilling over here.

Boy, it’s been one of those weeks. Are the planets alligned or something?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    damiandunlap wrote:
    I would move to another host, and tell the new host whats going on.

Agreed.

And a host can usually dump you for no reason at all, and be within their rights to do it. Mosts hosts would love to have you, and just ignore the mailer that is attacking you.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)