Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

What are the top 10 things webmasters want ?

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Can somebody please post the link to the thread
    “10 things webmasters want”.
    I’d like to add a wish.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I looked again for the thread but couldn’t find it.
    If a moderator reads the thread please consider adding to the
    10 things webmasters want.

Affiliate linking codes including:
    target=_blank, border=0 and alt=””

vladcizsol

The older ones are here and we can probably hunt em down via searh. But I think its probably a good idea to generate a new one.

Everyone please list the top ten things you like to see when selecting an affiliate program to work with.

meemee

This would be really great actually.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Of the top of my head
    1) In depth stats, can’t stress that enough. I wan’t to see refering pages, players country, games played, basiclly as much info as possible.
    2) Ability to ‘deep link’ to certain pages. i.e. send the visitor to a ‘promotions page’ or ‘games pages’ rather than just the homepage.
    3) Fast payouts, preferably before the 10th every month (bit of a no brainer)
    4) Reliable tracking (again a no brainer)
    5) Lots of creatives, I wan’t banners of all shapes and sizes, updated frequently for new events/holidays etc.
    6) Emails from affiliate managers. Although I get emails from most programs it’s still nice to hear from time to time what’s going on, latest promotions etc and an email from the affiliate manager would always be nice once in a while (mainly to kick me in to gear ;-) )
    7) Incentives. Although I’m not usually one to fall for extra incentives they are ofcourse nice, although I would prefer a permanantly nice revshare/cpa than the occassional monthly promo.
    8) Brand name importance, This is a big one with me, the brands I am promoting need to be well recognised in order for me to sell them to my players.

That’s all I can think of for now….

Anonymous
    Inactive

banners hosted by affiliate proram

vladcizsol

I tend to like banners hosted remotely so they stay current, but I also have a problem when they go down and effect page load times.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’d say

relyable banner hosting by affiliate programs.

because
    no work when bonus changes.
    no work when old banner designs are replaced with new ones.

vladcizsol

Excellent points Cat and I agree. Add that to the list.

Anonymous
    Inactive

1. Non/predatory t&c’s

2. AM’s that know their brand, the industry, affiliate marketing etc

3. Multi language marketing materials

4. CAP Cetrification (not because I am involved in CAP but I would be v hesitant working with a non cap certified program simply because there is little I can do if something goes wrong)

5. High level of converesion and retention

Am hungover and can’t be bothered to think of more but I will be back

Anonymous
    Inactive

@deanimus 187210 wrote:

Of the top of my head
    1) In depth stats, can’t stress that enough. I wan’t to see refering pages, players country, games played, basiclly as much info as possible.
    2) Ability to ‘deep link’ to certain pages. i.e. send the visitor to a ‘promotions page’ or ‘games pages’ rather than just the homepage.
    3) Fast payouts, preferably before the 10th every month (bit of a no brainer)
    4) Reliable tracking (again a no brainer)
    5) Lots of creatives, I wan’t banners of all shapes and sizes, updated frequently for new events/holidays etc.
    6) Emails from affiliate managers. Although I get emails from most programs it’s still nice to hear from time to time what’s going on, latest promotions etc and an email from the affiliate manager would always be nice once in a while (mainly to kick me in to gear ;-) )
    7) Incentives. Although I’m not usually one to fall for extra incentives they are ofcourse nice, although I would prefer a permanantly nice revshare/cpa than the occassional monthly promo.
    8) Brand name importance, This is a big one with me, the brands I am promoting need to be well recognised in order for me to sell them to my players.

That’s all I can think of for now….

Well said.

Ability to ‘deep link’ to certain pages. i.e. send the visitor to a ‘promotions page’ or ‘games pages’ rather than just the homepage.

This one is important and much ignored.

I’d like to add:

1. Easy, in the face access to plain links.
    2. Availability of manager on IM for quick questions
    3. Don’t call people who dislike the phone, it has the opposite effect from what you intend.
    If you must call someone like that, make an appointment.
    4. Keep the login URL consistent so bookmarks will work.

See the coming issue of cap magazine for a bunch more of these.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)