Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

Welcome AffiliateGuardDog

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    joeyl wrote:
    # I will try to read the forum, but the sideways scrolling makes me sea sick.

What resolution are you running joeyl? I have never had to scroll at all, but that is with a larger resolution. I have also used 1024×768 without issues, but lower than that scrolling is required. I can certainly look into making the board accessible to 800×600 if there are many users out there that wish a change.

Anonymous
    Inactive

800×600… Always preferred it. My stats showed 15-20% on average used that resolutuon..

What can I say?.. I am just an oddball I guess ;)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello all,

My coder is working on an 800×600 resolution version of the website. I believe that the homepage will lose a bit of it’s ‘in your face’ functionality, but will be viewable across all resolutions (unless you are truly from the stone age).

Thanks.

Anonymous
    Inactive

do you think this is worth it? there is less than 10% of people who actually function on that resolution and you cant pull in so much content with such little width.

i urge to consider to reconsider :huh:

Anonymous
    Inactive
    splinterfree wrote:
    do you think this is worth it? there is less than 10% of people who actually function on that resolution and you cant pull in so much content with such little width.

i urge to consider to reconsider :huh:

Duly noted. I’ve asked my coder to code a resolution check to map different css files for different resolutions. That should allow us to view the site as it was if you have a non-archaic resolution :)

Anonymous
    Inactive
    kwblue wrote:
    Duly noted. I’ve asked my coder to code a resolution check to map different css files for different resolutions. That should allow us to view the site as it was if you have a non-archaic resolution :)

OK I’ll make it even harder for you …
    :tongue:

Are you sure that’s a wise plan – how many people actually browse with a session maximised ?
    :lookaroun

I’ve got a huge screen – resolution cranked up to 1920 x 1200 – but I prefer to have mulitple applications and tend to have 2-3 apps and my browser sized to 800 wide.

I’d hate to have to widen my browser just for your site.

I say keep it at 800 wide until major portals such as ESPN, Yahoo, the newspapers etc move up …

Just my two cents
    :hattip:

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am trying 1024×768..

I find it uncomfortable to use and I find that too many sites use a fixed size for text, hence I cannot resize text in my browser. I understand using fixed for layout, but not text.

So, yes KW, make it as accessible to all as you can, regardless what I want ;)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey guys,

The coding is done. Yes, Gooner, I made a mistake in the way I mentioned it as the browser width is what is being checked not system resolution… sorry.

Regardless, everyone should be able to view the site now in all it’s glory. Let me know if there is a problem with a resolution and I’ll have my coder check it out

Thanks.

Anonymous
    Inactive

While I can see the whole front page in all it’s glory now, I still have the dog covering something up in the forum and all other pages.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I view the same Dominique on my dumb PC. I am currently running IE7 on it and to be honest IE7 sucks. A newer version should be coming out soon I hope.

greek39

Anonymous
    Inactive

IE7 needs to be watched. It has a problem with some scripts it seems.

Apparently it also has a problem with some dropdown/expansion menus.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks guys, I’ll take a look at IE7 and why this is happening. I do not use that browser, so never verify there. I will have to do that in the future.

thanks again.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Coding has been changed. Resolutions are switched dependent upon window width. If you have 800×600, you can now view our site perfectly. For all others, the width adjusts to take advantage of the extra space.

The forums are 800×600, but we do not feel that this affects viewability there.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just want to say thankyou for doing this!!!!!!!!!

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)