Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

vietnamese hacker at it again

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    smile

Watch out both affiliates and fellow AM’s.

Over the weekend, the Vietnamese hacker has attempted to retrieve passwords for an affiliate accounts at Slotland Affiliates he managed to get access to in the past, of course having known the right password.

A note to all affiliates: Whoever still uses the very same password across his/her all affiliate accounts at different affiliate systems today, has been scheduled for a meeting with a fellow dude called Buck the Hammer:

940-bald-angry-guy.jpg

AND buys me a beer ;)

gokken

My network of WP sites got hit with some fool from Asia trying brute force log-ins and other nasty acts from a bank of IP’s. All were foiled but as above it’s a wise choice to make sure you passwords are not just alpha characters. I now use 15 alpha upper lower case included numerical/special characters too.

If your using WP change your user id from the generic “admin” too. I’d also highly recommend WordPress › Wordfence Security

smile

Sorry to hear that, AussieDave. Ip addresses can easily be faked, so I won’t give you those but these are some identities he used when trying to scam some of our affiliates:

blieubet@gmail.com
    NAME=Nguyen Thi, LAST NAME=Bich Khanh, ADDRESS=225 Nguyen Van Cu, CITY=Ho Chi Minh, ZIP=70000, COUNTRY=VNM

s.lazzara211@yahoo.com
    NAME=Nguyen, LAST NAME=Ngoc Yen, ADDRESS1=530 Ta Quang Buu F6 Q8, CITY=Ho Chi Minh, ZIP=70000, COUNTRY=VNM,

k.bet87@yahoo.com
    NAME=Le Thi, LAST NAME=Minh Phuong, ADDRESS1=180/33 Ly Thanh Tong P. Hiep Tan Q. Tan Phu, CITY=Ho Chi Minh, ZIP=70000, COUNTRY=VNM

In short, please don’t send any more bucks to Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam, guys! Plus I hope this $@*& won’t sue me for leaking his personal info ;)

Cheers

gokken

@Slotland_Affiliates 249528 wrote:

Ip addresses can easily be faked[/quote]

That’s true but if referring headers are not given or other info is spoofed; got some clown trying to gain access with spoofed Google headers for example, they get a 403.

So I’m pretty sure who ever it was was use legit IP’s ;)

Besides from these Countries like some parts of Russia hacking sites is national sport and not seen as cyber criminal activities. It’s much the same as selling blackmarket copycat Trademark products over there, no one cares!

smile

@AussieDave 249529 wrote:

Besides from these Countries like some parts of Russia hacking sites is national sport and not seen as cyber criminal activities. It’s much the same as selling blackmarket copycat Trademark products over there, no one cares!

fully second to that, first i thought ddos is russian expression for ‘i really don’t like you’ ;)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)