Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

using AP or UB Trademarks

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    neophyte

Is it okay for affiliates to use your trademarks when buying domains or bidding via PPC?

eg
    xhttp://www.absolutepokerrakeback.com/
    xhttp://www.ultimatebetrakeback.com/

I see some unscrupulous affils are stealing and using everyone’s trademarks [eg. betfair, everleaf] with seeming impunity. not legal, not fair on legit affils, and pretty disgusting imo.

fronkee

We dont condone domain purchasing that conflicts with our company. For those out there… we do adress legally.

neophyte

@Marcela 204073 wrote:

We dont condone domain purchasing that conflicts with our company. For those out there… we do adress legally.

you will be seizing the following domains no doubt then:

xhttp://www.absolutepokerrakeback.com/
    xhttp://www.ultimatebetrakeback.com/

WHOIS information for absolutepokerrakeback.com :

Registrant:
    Armchair Gaming LTD

Domain name: ABSOLUTEPOKERRAKEBACK.COM

Domain name: ULTIMATEBETRAKEBACK.COM

looks like 1 is owned by these guys
    WHOIS information for raketherake.com :

Anonymous
    Inactive

Alex, I am sorry I have to edit out personal addresses and phones and emails.

If this were an affiliate stealing content from other affiliates or some such thing, I wouldn’t.

But this is between the company and the affiliate and it is not necessary for the community to know personal addresses, phones and mail. You are welcome to PM Chipleader the details, but the rule about preserving affiliate privacy still applies here.

Too many loons out there who gather info from messageboards to harass people.

Feel free in future though to publish whois about content thieves and blackhatters and any such things that concern all of us.

Thanks for understanding. :hattip:

neophyte

???
    I don’t understand the edit.
    that info is publicly available via http://www.whois.net/

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think even though its publically availaible a lot of “nutters” aren’t clever or logical enough to find it – the guy from RTR is cool with you PM’ing the affiliate manager or even posting it here its just the contact details which I can understand when you have a family etc and there unfortunately some oddities out there :3eyes: who are simply unbalanced

Anonymous
    Inactive

@alexross 204178 wrote:

???
    I don’t understand the edit.
    that info is publicly available via http://www.whois.net/

Yeah I know and it’s kinda borderline with whois, but the more often an address or phone etc is published on the web the more likely it is to be picked up by some weirdo or scraped and killed with spam etc. But then again, publishing whois can be effective to out someone hiding in the shadows and as such is a good tool. So I think we should do this on a “need to know” basis.

I still think thieves should be named and shamed. In this case though he didn’t steal from us but infringed on a program he works with – so it’s their call to name and shame, not ours. If Chipleader wants to publish his details, it’s their prerogative IMO.

neophyte

@Dominique 204198 wrote:

I still think thieves should be named and shamed. In this case though he didn’t steal from us but infringed on a program he works with – so it’s their call to name and shame, not ours. If Chipleader wants to publish his details, it’s their prerogative IMO.

Quite the opposite, this guy has been SCREWING LEGIT AFFILIATES by infringing copyright, TM’s etc to gain an unfair and ILLEGAL edge.
    It’s our job to look out for ourselves. If I want to publish his details, I am 100% entitled to do so since the info is 100% public domain…

@alexpratt 204181 wrote:

I think even though its publically availaible a lot of “nutters” aren’t clever or logical enough to find it – the guy from RTR is cool with you PM’ing the affiliate manager or even posting it here its just the contact details which I can understand when you have a family etc and there unfortunately some oddities out there :3eyes: who are simply unbalanced

Alex and Dom, removing that info was ridiculous. WTF. If the info is A) available, and B) in the interests of affiliates to show it to prove a point, it should stay. The info was a non-residential POSTBOX. Even if it was a company address, removing it is not on imo.

What’s the REAL reason you removed the POBOX address please hmmm? maybe the fact that they have won a cap award or 2 in the past?.. I small some BULL****, I think…

Anonymous
    Inactive

The reason is not that he won any awards ( I still don’t like rakeback, I just have given up trying to change it, it’s too deeply ingrained in the industry by now), I could care less.

But he did ask to have his personal info removed, citing the reasons above.

I agreed because I would hate to see my personal info on a message board too, and I have been “spam bombed” in the past when someone added my email to every conceivable spam list. It was so bad it completely clogged my email several times a day and I found myself spending literally hours every day deleting spam. After a few days of that I had to change my email and I did lose contact with a number of people and programs for some time.

If you go through something like that, you sympathize with people whose email and phone is posted on a public message board. While the info is all available on the net, the weirdos may not be interested enough to research, but when it’s right in their face, thay may take action.

For that reason I have always removed personal info by request, unless we are looking at a big time thief and spammer and what have you. This is definitely not the first time I have honored a request like that. And it has nothing to do with CAP or awards, it’s my own personal decision. No one asked me to do it other than raketherake.

So – if you are gonna shoot someone – it’ll have to be me.

arrow.gif

neophyte

@Dominique 204204 wrote:

T

But he did ask to have his personal info removed, citing the reasons above.

It’s not personal info, it’s info in the public domain now. He could have anonymised himself when he purchased the domains fwiw.

such double standards. if a non-cap member stole my domain and i posted the whois info here I daresay it would remain intact.

isn’t it interesting that it’s good enough for criminals to have their residential names and addresses mentioned in the newspaper.
    end of rant, getting boring now :)

Anonymous
    Inactive

As far as I know he’s not a CAP member… and you should know me better than to think something like that. I don’t have a horse in the CAP race, other than that I like the message board and want it to be there for people.

Well, anyway, let’s agree to disagree. :tongue:

You did get to make your point and Chipleader will doubtlessly take care of it.

Thanks for pointing it out! :hattip:

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)