Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

Update on BAD BEAT

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    PanicAttack

Hi All,

AFFILIATE PROFITS FROM $300,000 BAD BEAT JACKPOT HIT

How lucrative can affiliate life be? Just ask Poker Source Online. Absolute Poker is giving them $10,400 for the massive jackpot that was just hit at AP’s Bad Beat Jackpot tables.

On July 3rd, CHAAWUU lost quad tens to a straight flush playing Bad Beat Jackpot at Absolute Poker, hitting the 4th jackpot and winning $104,050.68 in cash for his bad beat.

Because CHAAWUU was linked to affiliate Poker Source Online, they earned the equivalent of 10% of CHAAWUU’s winnings. Not a bad chunk of change.

The jackpot has already been hit 4 times at Absolute Poker – and it’s been around for less than two weeks. Absolute Poker is the only online poker site open to U.S. players to feature Bad Beat Jackpot tables.

Please note that in order to be eligible for the 10% bonus, you must have the following feed for the Bad Beat Jackpot total on your site: http://66.212.244.167:8055/jackpot.xml

Full details on the latest addition to Absolute Poker’s suite of poker games can be found at http://www.absolutepoker.com/badbeatpoker/

Very Best Regards,
    Danielle :hattip:

Anonymous
    Inactive

will his sub-affiliate recieve $520 (5% of those earnings?). Just a quick question I asked in another thread and would like clarifying..
    themac

PanicAttack

Hi There,

Thanks for your question. The sub affiliate would receive those earnings if the affiliate chooses to divvy the payment, that is his/her choice. Please let me know if you have any further questions, you can shoot me an email or PM. Have a good one.

Kind Regards,
    Danielle :tongue:

Anonymous
    Inactive

@ChipDani 130217 wrote:

Hi There,

Thanks for your question. The sub affiliate would receive those earnings if the affiliate chooses to divvy the payment, that is his/her choice. Please let me know if you have any further questions, you can shoot me an email or PM. Have a good one.

Kind Regards,
    Danielle :tongue:

In other words no. I don’t see how this is a BBJ update. I would think an update would be a “We fixed our horrible BBJ terms” or “We removed the BBJ entirely” not “One of the biggest affiliates in the world won $10,000 because one of their players hit a 1 in 66 million hand”.

Anonymous
    Inactive

They’ve also left out a detail here… in the case that there is no affiliate for the player that wins, AP keeps the cash, even if your affiliated players have been sittin’ there paying that extra .50 a hand 12 hours a day :/

Anonymous
    Inactive

Look how small a % the guy who won it got

Congratulations to CALVINHOBBES who made history at Absolute Poker by hitting the $464,652.03 Bad Beat Jackpot taking away $162,628.21.

I mean the player hitting should get half at least , think thats the way party did it .

checked my aff account , damn hes not one of my players , probably belongs to a site who makes millions and doesnt need the bonus .

Anonymous
    Inactive

This is because 20% of the BBJ rolls into the next one and AP keeps 10% so the BBJ winner really only gets 35%.

AP pockets over $46,000 in rake that will not count towards MGR. Ap already guaranteed $9000+ out of next BBJ too they will not be sharing even though their own affiliate agreements makes clear that affiliates get a share of all revenues.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The terms of the BBJ were changed again. AP essentially took cash out of the BBJ too with the rule change as there is now more to double rake. Only 65% of the prize pool is paid out now when it is hit. When is AP going to stop changing it minds all the time? Funny how players were not notified of it either yet again. Based on a $300,000 BBJ AP took about $1500 in extra rake just off the first BBJ.

Anonymous
    Inactive

1. Off course AP should be paying the aff percentage of what AP pockets !
    Anything less is off course unacceptable.

2. The demand that an XML feed should be on home page is just ridiculus. Some affiliates generate a lot of players based on other marketing methods than home pages.

3. Of course the entire “affiliate tree” should be paid according to 1.

4. Distributing aff share of BBJ earnings should of course be on “contributed” basis, and not like this joke of a system, where running aff buisness with AP is a lottery. If players signed up by an affiliate contributes $10 to the BBJ, and AP pockets $1 out of this, the affiliate shoul of course be paid accordingly.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@the27offsuit 131003 wrote:

Look how small a % the guy who won it got

Congratulations to CALVINHOBBES who made history at Absolute Poker by hitting the $464,652.03 Bad Beat Jackpot taking away $162,628.21.

I mean the player hitting should get half at least , think thats the way party did it .

checked my aff account , damn hes not one of my players , probably belongs to a site who makes millions and doesnt need the bonus .

That’s what i call “skilled” marketing. Why not just advertise the 100% amount that would be given to the winning player? Instead let’s advertise an inflated about by almost a half, and then be a nice cool poker room…

what a bunch of bonkers…if AP didn’t accept US players they would be in real trouble in terms of traffic…

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Quote:
    what a bunch of bonkers…if AP didn’t accept US players they would be in real trouble in terms of traffic…

I agree with this but the only reason they keep changing the rules on players is because of the few choices US players have. There is no way they would have slashed affiliate pay, retroactively changed bonus terms and constantly change their mind about anything. The same goes for UB.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)