Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

The Republican voter fraud hoax

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

So while the stern recording was amusing/sad, i prefer Jay Leno’s Jaywalker Allstars, primarily because it’s in video

One of my lawyers here in Canada shared his pet peeve with me really early in our relationship: Man on the Street interviews.

i believe i’ve got the quote right here:

“What the F#$K do i care what some guy in the street thinks about anything?”

I was just saying to my wife, that i bet at least 1/3 of the supporters of each candidate probably would be against many of the policies their candidate has, if they actually new.

I certainly don’t like all of Obama’s ideas/proposals, but i know why i’m voting for him and against the republicans. Democrats would have to actually do every stupid thing Republicans try to attribute to them before i’d consider changing sides.

Here are the two worst ideas i’ve heard so far:

McCain today – Lower Capital Gains tax to 7.5% from 15%, to “help encourage investment”. So, I pay 35% for each dollar i earn over 250,000 for my job, but i pay 15% on capital gains. Does the 7.5% drop really change my desire to earn every dollar i can as a Capital Gain? Isn’t my current strategy “Seek income via capital gains” already doing what this tax cut seeks to do? Once it’s lowered won’t i just cash out any gain i have left to take advantage?

Obama – Raise Capital Gains (possibly back to the same as earned income) from 15% to as much as 35%. This would cause everyone to cash out any gain before the taxes were raised. Raising the tax to “earned income” rates without indexing for inflation, would cause most investors to abandon growth stocks, in favor of dividend paying stocks, bonds or CDs, which would make raising money for new/risky ventures extremely tough. If i’m paying the same tax rate on captial gains for risky stocks as i would for a CD or bond. Raising from 15% to 20% might help raise revenues without rocking the boat too much, but people will still try to liquidate all gains prior to the tax increase.

So, there is what one man on the street thinks. Does anyone give a….. :roflmao:

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well, the man on the street’s opinion is worth just as much as any of yours, and so is his vote, so u might wanna think about that for a while

Now let me quote both Obama and McCain’s boss, old Johnny Rockefeller, aka Mr. World Bank, who once said, while poking fun at the ignorance of the mass populas i’m sure: “It’s not who votes that matters, it’s who counts the votes that matters”

And that is all u need to know

Anonymous

Hi all,

I always thought you got about the same with either … except with the Dems … they want to micromanage which I’m against … but at same time W and poppa have almost ruined the Reps for me.

I guess I’d rather be micromanaged than mismanaged.

I have a friend who’s predicting interest rates to climb well over 10% if the Dems take office but he’s like me … at this point anything is better than W’s crew.

I’m rather amazed at how quickly I have become disenchanted with politics in general and frankly it hurts my head when I try to think of a way to actually make a difference and I know its a cop-out and all that but looking at the situation from my glass has got half the water in it, not half full, not half empty … just half, point of view … I just don’t see anything short of a major movement by the people … ever fixing what is wrong.

They have everything set up so that its like chasing a kid through their familiar dark room saturated with mirrors, smoke and hidden escape hatches. You aren’t ever going to make a dent in the situation because you’ll never be allowed to get more than close.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)