Get exclusive CAP network offers from top brands

View CAP Offers

Thanks For The Invite

[bsa_pro_ad_space id=2]
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

As the title says, thanks for the invitation to be here. I take it very much as a compliment.

Now I’ll be a complete arse and post a question which will probably be seen as ungrateful: Is it a good idea that this forum (area 51) exists?

Imagine if it gets out that there’s a ‘secret’ place at CAP where we all talk? Given the current climate, I think it could very well be finish CAP off for good.

As to how it would ‘get out’, it’s always a risk. I’ve got a thing about confidentiality and those who know me would (I’d hope) confirm that I’m trustworthy when it comes to information I’m trusted with but like I say, it’s always a risk. Could a software error ever display this forum?

I used to be a member of a similar forum way back when Cindy had the GPWA. I think Craig set it up (whatever happened to him?) and for what it’s worth, it remained secret until it closed.

What I’m saying in my long-winded way is: thanks v much for the invite, I appreciate it – but boy….. you’re taking a risk by having it.

See you in London :)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Haha, I probably shouldn’t say this either but it wasn’t perfectly secret – I knew about it back then. So did a few others….. Craig – haven’t seen him around in years.

We have always had a private forum here. Most places do.

It got wiped out mistakenly with one of the cap re-dos. Current admin didn’t actually know what it was all about (totally free speech) and replaced it with the private member forum that only all aff members can see and no managers.

But I would like to see the completely private one revived here, one where we can just talk. Everyone here has been around a while and sometimes it’s just good to know you are among peers and there are no politics.

Just be blunt here please, don’t tippy toe around things, it’s what it’s for.

Anonymous
    Inactive

You take my point though? Just say for the sake of it that the existance of this forum got out and it was posted at GPWA.

What do you think would happen? I reckon it’d be a bloodbath even though from what I’ve seen, there’d be nothing for people to worry about.

Question: how do you decide who to invite? Can anyone invite people or is it discussed first?

Anonymous
    Inactive

haha, i can only wonder what it will be like to read the discussion on GPWA if news on this section leaks out :)

they love to hate CAP and that’s now part of their mission :wink-wink
    its not that i’m against them, in fact i support their mission, but never really fit in that place…

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think we should discuss it first. There are still a number of invited folks who haven’t shown up yet, too.

So what if it leaks that there is a private forum. If there isn’t one thing about CAP being discussed at GPWA, it’s another.

I see nothing wrong with having a private forum. I could have just as well made space on one of my own forums and invited you. So what’s the difference? Whats wrong with a group of people getting together to chat and talk biz?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for invite. Will try to come around more ofter.

Little busy right now as redesiging whole site, lot of work as a lot of the old pages are on static templates and trying to convert them over to newer stuff.

See you all in London.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for the invite!

Anonymous
    Inactive

CAP has had a private forum for years so I don’t know why anyone would get mad. I’m sure they have some on the other sites as well. I know I have them on my forums. No biggie as far as I’m concerned.

Paolino

Hi guys,

I think the idea of a place like this where professionals can discuss business without politics, jealousy, pettiness etc taking over is a good idea

Since all the CAP vs GPWA threads started just over a year ago, I found myself posting less and less on ALL the boards. To be honest, I just found all those long, moaning threads really boring and wading through all the rubbish to try and find a decent thread that didn’t deteriorate started getting difficult

So, I’m looking forward to contributing here – my guess is that we all have a lot to give and hopefully, we all have a lot we can learn fro each other too

Cheers

Bill

Paolino

Forgot to say, thanks for the invite, Dom!

Was there an invite email that I missed, or was the ‘invite’ simply the fact I can see the board and post?

Anonymous
    Inactive

The invite must be in your spam folder. Only invited guys can see the forum… Welcome :)

Anonymous
    Inactive

I didn’t get an invite email either – I usually filter everything gambling related into a folder called, rather wittily I’m sure you’ll agree, ‘gambling’.

Anyway, good to be here.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yeah, thanks, I like the private area!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)